Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Looks like he is confident FSD is working well enough.

Interesting strategy, I remember back in the day when Cablevision would turn off the scrambler on the premium channels as a trial from time to time

That also sometimes included those ahem "gentlemen's channels" late at night.
That was one way to get subscribers. flipping channels..."Hello!!..what is this!!"

Last edited:
All Us cars capable of FSD will be enabled for a 1 month trial this week...

Apparently MS's 2020 and older along with MX's 2021 and older are not "capable of FSD" (whatever that means) despite running 11.4.9. Exacrly zero have v12 today. Or maybe he didn't mean v12?

What a charlatan! I truly hope people see him for what he is. He is a liar through and through. Can't wait for the "But Elon said...." threads.

Reactions: laiod and B@ndit
I wonder what will happen for those who are currently subscribing to FSD. It would be interesting if they still charged for the month when non-subscribers get it for free. Maybe I should cancel my sub now.

Not gonna fall for it. I'm perfectly happy with AP for my driving style and FSD would actually be a downgrade in some cases (no scroll wheel trick, mandatory use of cabin camera, 5 strikes, etc)

Scroll wheels stop the nag with 2023.44.30.25 which has FSDb v12.3b. Did it this morning on my commute to work.

I have a second local profile with all settings the same as my cloud profile that is on AP... I never use it...

I get the sense that this is a one time take it or lose it trial offer. Would be nice if you could save the one month trial until you needed it for a road trip. We didn't drive much, until one of the bursts when we do. Would rather have it for then vs a month of the car mostly sitting in the garage....

Reactions: gt2690b
How does this work if your car is up to date on 2024.8.4. I was under the impression FSD was on a previous release and we can't go backwards.
My concern as well, can't imagine that they would want to show off 11.4.9 to the masses. Seen rumors that the 24 branches will be getting FSD 12 in mid April so possible the free trial won't hit your car until it's been updated to 12.

How does this work if your car is up to date on 2024.8.4. I was under the impression FSD was on a previous release and we can't go backwards.
Brighter with Herbert reported today that some employees are getting FSD v12 in a 2024.x update. If so then it seems likely that when they are ready Tesla will merge v12 into a 2024.x update that everyone can use.

IMHO getting v12 ready for wide release is the hard part. Merging it with the current 2024.x branch is relatively easy.

Keeping v12 tied to early software versions was a useful tool for them to control who is eligible to test it. This was part of their plan. They want testers to have skin in the game to avoid accidents due to driver error and the terrible PR that would come with it.

This is all in a recent video from Herbert:

Massive Changes to Tesla's FSD Program! ChatGPT Moment Coming

The plan is to reduce the price of FSD for personal use when it is ready for wide release. The higher price was another way to have a good pool of responsible testers.

• Informative
Reactions: ajstan