Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations: you found what are most probably staged or otherhow misleading videos (why would people be filming it?)
Tell me you jumped to a reaction without watching without telling me you jumped to a reaction without watching.
All of these videos are from the built in TeslaCam or security cameras, Nobody was filming for fake internet points, but nice try at deflection.

I love your excuse though- your respond to this: "Just take sure there’s nothing around to hit. Plenty people have crashed their cars with summon on here."

With: "I've had summon (with EAP) for a while now (~3 years) and have never once even come close to hitting anything."

Which is to say you are suggesting that you don't need to pay that much attention, because that's all the OP said, and you pushed back. But then when faced with a ton of accidents, your statement is "the users are still idiots for letting it get to those points. You literally have to actively hold the button on your phone for it to move and the moment you take it off, the car stops. If I ever saw my car getting that close to an object, I would be stopping"

Oh, and if you can "stage" a FSD crash, then you know you really need to pay attention to it, since it's not actually very good at avoiding collisions. So saying it was "staged" is not really a defense of how good summon is.

Which means you are with the OP, you absolutely do need to watch it carefully. That's all anyone said, and it appears you agree. Also appears you consider the "idiot" owners to be at blame, never Tesla's Full Self Driving.

Last edited:
Tell me you jumped to a reaction without watching without telling me you jumped to a reaction without watching.
All of these videos are from the built in TeslaCam or security cameras, Nobody was filming for fake internet points, but nice try at deflection.

I love your excuse though- your respond to this: "Just take sure there’s nothing around to hit. Plenty people have crashed their cars with summon on here."

With: "I've had summon (with EAP) for a while now (~3 years) and have never once even come close to hitting anything."

Which is to say you are suggesting that you don't need to pay that much attention, because that's all the OP said, and you pushed back. But then when faced with a ton of accidents, your statement is "the users are still idiots for letting it get to those points. You literally have to actively hold the button on your phone for it to move and the moment you take it off, the car stops. If I ever saw my car getting that close to an object, I would be stopping"

Oh, and if you can "stage" a FSD crash, then you know you really need to pay attention to it, since it's not actually very good at avoiding collisions. So saying it was "staged" is not really a defense of how good summon is.

Which means you are with the OP, you absolutely do need to watch it carefully. That's all anyone said, and it appears you agree. Also appears you consider the "idiot" owners to be at blame, never Tesla's Full Self Driving.

5:50 is the staged summon lol

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
Tried the trial FSDS again today. Lasted less than a minute before it got stuck trying to exit a parking lot turning right onto a street with one lane of light traffic each direction. Probably the parked large pickup blocking part of the view to the left was the problem.

2024.3.10 revealed some bugs that were not specifically FSDB:
  • Navigation bug where it seemed to believe that the car was stationary in a location not at the origin (parking lot where I put the destination into the navigation). It did not give any directions (correct or incorrect) while driving. Only happened once -- previous uses of navigation with 2024.3.10 seemed to work as expected.
  • Lost scheduled departure charging settings that were present through all previous software upgrades.

I have a feeling the opposite effect will take place because of this free trial. Those of us trying it out for the first time are no longer curious and realize that it needs a lot of work. All the Hype on Social Media about it being mind blowing and amazing has been exposed.

It’s not worth more than $3k, and even then it’s a hard sell. The UI is amazing though, I’d pay $500 to keep it.

I'm impressed. Never used FSD before yesterday and I drove it today right down Mass Avenue into Harvard Square.
For those of you who don't know what that means..Cambridge is full of crunchy-granola green fiends who have forcibly shoehorned in bollarded bike lanes and dedicated bus lanes on a road that was probably laid down during the horse and buggy days. It has ridiculous lane shifts back and forth and bus lanes that are sometimes dedicated and sometimes not that appear and disappear at random. Pedestrians and bike riders that waltz in front of you with a death wish.

FSD v12.3.2.1 drove through it like a champ.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to adjust the AP Offset. From the NA Model 3 manual (but it is the same for all cars). I won't say what percent I use, but it is higher than zero

View attachment 1034753
I am pretty sure I had this for AP but it all reset maybe. Anyway I adjusted and now good to go. Thanks! I could swear they had only MPH before but now it has mph and also percentage (at the same time). Not sure what diff is but % is better, so 10-11% is safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevy Baby
Don't Panic (apologies to Douglas Adams). I received the V12.3.2.1 software late Sunday and have driven it periodically for the last 3 days. It actually performs very well, although still a bit hesitant on my rural roads. It handles turns and intersections properly, almost as a human typically handles them. One non-human like case is the full stop for 1-2 seconds at any stop sign but that is not FSD programming, it is due to a NHTSA rule imposed specifically on FSD in Tesla cars. Most owners are aware of this but I'm including it for any new member here. Also the AutoSpeed function sometimes decides to increase speed beyond a reasonable level on open roads or in light traffic. These are just things to keep an. eye on while you try out this release.

As someone who has actually sued Tesla in small claims court, and won, I was able to do this because I actually read my MVPP, which says this:

View attachment 1033003

Anyone can take Tesla to small claims, even if they didn't opt-out of arbitration. But you did read your MVPP and opt out, right? I know I did.

View attachment 1033004

Although that wouldn't have effected my ability to go to small claims.
Also, why not go to arbitration instead of small claims- and in fact Tesla pays all arbitration costs, so it starts costing them money the instant you file a claim.
Small claims has a significant judgement/award cap. Cool! You won (a fraction of what you could have/deserved). A win is a win I guess. But $10k is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I kinda call BS on you. Everyone in my family (but me) is an attorney. 99% of the time, the winning party can only accept their award on the grounds that they do not discuss the case outside of private parties. Going online and sharing your victory is completely against the terms of a winning judgment.

I’d actually like to have my wife look up your case (for my own curiosity/research). Care to share your details? Didn’t think so.

Also, I kinda call BS on you. Everyone in my family (but me) is an attorney. 99% of the time, the winning party can only accept their award on the grounds that they do not discuss the case outside of private parties. Going online and sharing your victory is completely against the terms of a winning judgment.

I’d actually like to have my wife look up your case (for my own curiosity/research). Care to share your details? Didn’t think so.
Bring this over to the correct thread, and read the details:

Thanks for calling me a liar, but ask your family about how small claims works you think small claims judgments or even standard legal judgments come with gag orders. Only out of court settlements come with that. It is not in the public interest for normal court cases to be gagged. For now, I'll call BS on everyone in your family being lawyers if you are that misinformed.

It would be trivial for your wife to look up my case in Seattle. Go for it. Nobody with any experience needs more detail.

Tried FSD on trial today, after a software update overnight and wiping off all the lenses just to be sure. Oh, not good. Got stuck at the bridge before the end of our driveway. Long, long wait to pull out onto the rural road because of the bad sight lines. Immediately went significantly over the center divider into the oncoming lane before the car corrected itself. Then uncomfortable acceleration. Herky jerkiness in the steering. Speed bumps? Hard on the brakes late and through the bump, which is the worst way to take them. It was like being driven by a driver with about two weeks of experience. Then, about three miles in, it tried to drive us off the road in a shaded area. I intervened and saved us from a crash then disabled everything. No way in hell will I use this.

Not worth 3k. Not worth 1k. Basic distance and lane keeping in traffic on closed highways is about all this software is good for, and it's not as good as both the Jaguar and BMW systems we have, which are both much smoother at steering and acceleration while also allowing steering input without turning off with a jerk.

• Informative
Reactions: EatsShoots
Tried FSD on trial today, after a software update overnight and wiping off all the lenses just to be sure. Oh, not good. Got stuck at the bridge before the end of our driveway. Long, long wait to pull out onto the rural road because of the bad sight lines. Immediately went significantly over the center divider into the oncoming lane before the car corrected itself. Then uncomfortable acceleration. Herky jerkiness in the steering. Speed bumps? Hard on the brakes late and through the bump, which is the worst way to take them. It was like being driven by a driver with about two weeks of experience. Then, about three miles in, it tried to drive us off the road in a shaded area. I intervened and saved us from a crash then disabled everything. No way in hell will I use this.

Not worth 3k. Not worth 1k. Basic distance and lane keeping in traffic on closed highways is about all this software is good for, and it's not as good as both the Jaguar and BMW systems we have, which are both much smoother at steering and acceleration while also allowing steering input without turning off with a jerk.
It's weird how people have such different experiences. Mine has been a lot better, but this (and my driving) lends to my sense that Tesla is still ultimately years away, at least, from having FSD to the point it can autonomously drive with accident rates < human drivers.

On the whole I find the FSD very impressive as an extremely cool tech demo. It's not realistically close to prime time at all, though.

Full Self Driving (supervised) or FSDS, after 640 miles (1040km) of driving: It's quite useful on the Hwy and into town, especially due to it's ease in finding the exact destination. Can it actually drive the car without intervention by the driver? NO! In it's defense it hasn't made any really dangerous mistakes, with the worst being it's tendency to read the 55mph while towing signs ( CA law ) as the speed limit, leading to it slowing inappropriately at times, whilst in 70mph zones. It also tried to take the on ramp towards Phoenix rather than towards LA whilst heading north from Gila Bend AZ so it messes with the typically accurate Tesla navigation. Another serious flaw is the fact that if the FSDS is disengaged it doesn't revert to Autopilot, or Adaptive Cruise Control, but simply turns off all driver assistance aids; accidental disengagement at 80mph = full regen breaking.

In my limited experience with FSD 11.4 I found that it handled lane centering better on gravel roads.

Tried FSD on trial today ...
No one, and the manual sort of says it in passing, tells you this: FSD (supervised) is not the only piece of the system. The driver is a major component.

One has to learn how to use this feature.

With that said, in hindsight, I have learned how to use it. "Learned", meaning the driver needs to practice with it. To learn where it's good and where one has to take over. On my first drive I learned it's not good in my quaint condo neighborhood with very narrow streets. I also learned to turn off Automatic Set Speed Offset (ASSO) and control max speed with the scroll wheel.

On a second drive, one is still learning how to use FSD (supervised). My second drive reinforced the need to manually control speed with the scroll wheel. I witnessed the car slightly shifting to the left for road workers and cyclists, nice. I left the lane change setting default. The lane changes were good. I also learned to initiate a lane change by actuating a turn signal, very nice!

So, give it a cautious try. Learn how to use it. It maybe not be good at all where one tries it, so don't use it there. I've used it for three drives and consider myself still novice but able to use it safely. However, I like driving and really don't want anything more than TACC.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuncanM
No one, and the manual sort of says it in passing, tells you this: FSD (supervised) is not the only piece of the system. The driver is a major component.

One has to learn how to use this feature.

With that said, in hindsight, I have learned how to use it. "Learned", meaning the driver needs to practice with it. To learn where it's good and where one has to take over. On my first drive I learned it's not good in my quaint condo neighborhood with very narrow streets. I also learned to turn off Automatic Set Speed Offset (ASSO) and control max speed with the scroll wheel.

On a second drive, one is still learning how to use FSD (supervised). My second drive reinforced the need to manually control speed with the scroll wheel. I witnessed the car slightly shifting to the left for road workers and cyclists, nice. I left the lane change setting default. The lane changes were good. I also learned to initiate a lane change by actuating a turn signal, very nice!

So, give it a cautious try. Learn how to use it. It maybe not good at all where one tries it, so don't use it there. I've used it for three drives and consider myself still novice but able to use it safely. However, I like driving and really don't want anything more than TACC.
I have learned how to use it. I disable everything but lane keeping and cruise control.

Reactions: zoomer0056