Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost every one of these 2023 MY LRs has matrix lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Biggest problem with the MYP is the lack of 7 seat option. That's one of the biggest draws to the MYLR for me. My two kids could ride in the back if we have a few guests riding with us all in one car.
Well I actually crossed the P off of my list because it didn't have the 7 seat option but I ultimately eliminated the 7 seat option from my order and still didn't want the P for those reasons I mentioned.

Reactions: EVDeepDive
So I just called tesla to figure out what is going on with my delivery schedule (text messages were pretty much being ignored and useless). After the main point of discussion I asked about Matrix headlights he said all vehicles have been switched to Matrix lights now. Given what people here are saying I am unsure of that, but its what he said.

My VIN is PF628 range and I'm picking up on Monday morning btw

So I just called tesla to figure out what is going on with my delivery schedule (text messages were pretty much being ignored and useless). After the main point of discussion I asked about Matrix headlights he said all vehicles have been switched to Matrix lights now. Given what people here are saying I am unsure of that, but its what he said.

I got the opposite response. My VIN PF612 Model Y LWD Blue/White 19 no FSD assigned on Dec 10th. He said none of the vehicles for Model Y LWD are coming with Matrix. All of them has standard headlights. Then he confirmed my car does not have matrix. I ended up putting my order on hold until Jan 1st to check my luck in 2nd VIN assignment. Between all of this happened on Dec 10th. May be they might have changed it now.

Also could you share your car configuration please

Perhaps the matrix are becoming standard in the MYLRs. I hope so, as it lends hope that the true function of these will become available at some future update. Of course, the NHTSA needs to give their approval first. That said, there are several recent Freemont production numbers that haven't been matrix equiped.