Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost every one of these 2023 MY LRs has matrix lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my LR MY yesterday, PF620 range, has the matrix lights I believe and the rear cover. Has the old cameras.

20221220_145543.jpg

Reactions: tyler_k1
Would you check with your SA about - Are the Matrix headlights standard in every Long Range Model Y from now on or is it still luck of draw.
Picked up MYLR F629 yesterday. Matrix headlights. SA pretty much said recent MYLRs coming with matrix. I assume all MYs in my part of Canada are coming from Fremont.

I checked the lot and all MYLRs had matrix, with VINs as low as F599.

Matrix headlights from Austin are still a no.

The 3 vehicles I checked before reserving one this morning were all no's with VINs up in the 41,xxx.

I guess owners with Austin builds can just be happy with the new batteries and single casting!

The new "design" is seen below. I'm going to say "design" as no one has confirmed there is any difference in the actual camera....in fact, people who have compared see no difference. Someone said the new ones got rid of a yellow cast to the view but I have the old design and don't have that yellow cast.

Yes some did report they got the new cameras but I never saw anyone post a photo confiming. I did see a few say they had the new ones but actually had the old ones. When I picked up my car on Oct 28th all the M3s had that new design but none of the 2022 or 2023s had them. That was the first week of 2023 builds.

I think the camera design has been blown way out of proportion. I wouldn't worry about what camera design you have. It certainly has nothing to do with bringing back Vision based Parking features as many cars have been confirmed with old design and no USS.

View attachment 884887View attachment 884886
I have a 2023 with the old housing and no USS and no Matrix. I feel sad however Tesla did give me some gap panels I did not pay for..