Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, another 5K reduction!
IMG_0031.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and KJD
now I’m in a weird place where they pushed my delivery back over a week after I paid And the price dropped. Wonder if I can request a refund since I haven’t taken delivery yet? cant hurt to try, right?

You can cancel and eat the 250 and come out ahead.

I doubt that you will have to do that however.

Lucky you, you are still paying less than I did 36 months ago.

S/X delivery numbers were TERRIBLE last quarter. People view them as old/stale cars. They’re still quite overpriced - I fully expect more drops.

I don’t view them of old/stale cars at all and still think they are one of the better cars on the road.

Their competition is not doing any better. Look at how few cars Lucid is selling and other cars in this price range. It is more that there are so many people that can afford this price range of car, which is made even worse by the current economy and high interest rates. Lease rates are horrible on these priced cars too. If economy continues down this path and if white collar people keep getting laid off, while interest rates go up, this price range of car will sell even worse.

Elon ruined the Model S with the yoke and stalkless design.

If they would put the stalks back on with the round wheel option, I would buy one today.
Totally disagree. I would not go back to a car that did not have a Yoke type steering wheel and stalks. So modern and futuristic. I just love it.

But, everyone is different. At least Tesla brought back the round option for people that like it.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
now I’m in a weird place where they pushed my delivery back over a week after I paid And the price dropped. Wonder if I can request a refund since I haven’t taken delivery yet? cant hurt to try, right?
Do you have a VIN? My estimated delivery is April/May without a VIN yet. My price shown in the app reflects the $5k drop, but the updated order confirmation email I received this morning does not. As others have said, you can always cancel and reorder, since it would be worth losing the $250 order fee.

Never give Tesla money before they give you the vehicle.

That being said, they should issue you a refund. It will just take forever and be a total pain chasing them down.

Based on last quarter, folks that have a bit of patience might be able to snag low-mile demo MS LRs in the $80K range if they wait til mid June. Analysts slammed them on S/X deliveries, you gotta figure they'd try to pump those numbers up.

Reactions: dn325ci
Based on last quarter, folks that have a bit of patience might be able to snag low-mile demo MS LRs in the $80K range if they wait til mid June. Analysts slammed them on S/X deliveries, you gotta figure they'd try to pump those numbers up.
If you can find a HW3 car, they are discounting those today. Here is a new demo Plaid with 60 miles, 21" arachnids, cream interior for $103k -