Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My
VIN ending 198xxx delivered end of June 2017

I got mine mid-june I sure hope I can get an upgrade!

We could use more data (iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla raw runlogs) from S100s to help figure out the mechanics of corked and uncorked performance settings. You can see the need for more S100 data here..

Your two cars may be especially interesting because they may have corked but new DU00 drive units. Still could use more of any S100s, especially a set of both corked and uncorked runlogs, but yours would be especially rare.

Do you know which drive units you have?

Last edited:
To find performance configuration and see if you have P1 or P3, call the vehicle state from the API and it'll be in there under the variable perf_config. In 75D's, corked is P3 and uncorked is P1, so I believe it is the same for 100D

Your car is essentially already uncorked. One person was getting 3.8 0-60's in his 90D (someone can probably do better). Regardless of what the API says, that's definitely not very corked. The 100D and 85D also can't be uncorked, from my understanding, although I'm not sure about this part. If they can, the performance difference is very small.

On a full charge I was always able to get a 3.8 0-60 on my 90D but it quickly drops off as the charge depletes. Personally not sure why Tesla is playing all these games and frustrating users. The quicker they make a S100D the less sales they get for a P100D so it really makes no sense to me why a P100D is a $37k difference for essentially a second difference in 0-60 time with all these changes.

On a full charge I was always able to get a 3.8 0-60 on my 90D but it quickly drops off as the charge depletes. Personally not sure why Tesla is playing all these games and frustrating users. The quicker they make a S100D the less sales they get for a P100D so it really makes no sense to me why a P100D is a $37k difference for essentially a second difference in 0-60 time with all these changes.
They started with the 75 continued with the 100 en will also do the P100 after this. ( just my 2 cents )

They started with the 75 continued with the 100 en will also do the P100 after this. ( just my 2 cents )

I'm still holding out hope there's going to be something for 90d owners... maybe not 420kw like the 100d but even 380kw (which previous motors are rated for) and more aggressive torque curve would be awesome.

It would also be nice if the max battery mode from P firmware was available on all cars. It's just SW

Might take ten minutes in chill mode. Grin. In all seriousness though it is really helpful to know which of the three levers get pulled and when. We only clearly see the amperage limits in quarter mile runs. My guess is that only the torque and power limits are different in chill and that performance looks the same, shifted by a two seconds, from seven seconds on.

@Krash I don’t pretend to understand all this technical stuff, but I’m very grateful to you guys. Managed to get my 75D uncorked despite multiple rejections. I think the UK is beginning to catch up with the uncorking over here.

My utterly basic question is what SoC is optimal for a 0-60 run, and at what point does the charge level make a meaningful difference?

It’s always raining where I live so difficult to get a dry road, and so far I’ve only had one opportunity to have a go and was pulling 330kW at 50%.

Since I was the thread starter it’s only fair I report my results too:

My SC was able to uncork my March 2017 100D. I verified that the performance status changed from P3 to P1 after the uncork, and I see the energy bar going much above 350kW compared to before.

Like others, I am noticing more of an acceleration difference at 90% SOC than 50%.... I haven’t timed my 0-60 yet, but without a doubt at the 50 to 90mph range the car pulls harder than it did before.

So the answer to my original question: yes, the 100D does have an uncork procedure that’s largely identical to the 75D’s. The performance gain is not as noticeable but it’s definitely there