Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
June 2017 build 100D here. I do not have the DU00 per the config page at Tesla. Performance variable showing P1 per Teslafi. I just clocked 0-60 runs using Powertools and am getting 4.2 pretty consistently.

If I'm reading here correctly there should be more available to me with uncorking, but the P1 showing up in the API is confusing me. It seems like I should be showing P3. I am running .42 firmware.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
June 2017 build 100D here. I do not have the DU00 per the config page at Tesla. Performance variable showing P1 per Teslafi. I just clocked 0-60 runs using Powertools and am getting 4.2 pretty consistently.

If I'm reading here correctly there should be more available to me with uncorking, but the P1 showing up in the API is confusing me. It seems like I should be showing P3. I am running .42 firmware.

Thoughts?

With my P1 config showing and DU00. Dashboard for Tesla logged 4.250. So. Who knows.

I'm still holding out hope there's going to be something for 90d owners... maybe not 420kw like the 100d but even 380kw (which previous motors are rated for) and more aggressive torque curve would be awesome.

It would also be nice if the max battery mode from P firmware was available on all cars. It's just SW

How much power do you pull from your 90D?

I made a run today only to 80km/h and my car reported via the API 314kW max power.
The 2 power cuts were the traction control because it was super wet outside.
IMG_1573.PNG

If a 90D is already able to do 0-60 in 3.8s, is there any chance of increasing its performance by a moderate degree if it is able to be uncorked? I would think it would just be minimal at best.

I don't see why not. We saw old 75D cars losing a whole second in time pre new drive unit. I figured that 90/100D within the last year and especially with the new drive unit, could get to "Insane Mode" territory. That's my hope at least. Fingers crossed!

Without a doubt the uncorked 60-90 passing power is substantially improved on the 100D.

I’m also still seeing around 4.2s 0-60. It’s a little snappier off the line but not a huge change. The biggest difference I am noticing is definitely at 60mph and above. Flooring it now almost feels like the P90D loaner I had.

Without a doubt the uncorked 60-90 passing power is substantially improved on the 100D.

I’m also still seeing around 4.2s 0-60. It’s a little snappier off the line but not a huge change. The biggest difference I am noticing is definitely at 60mph and above. Flooring it now almost feels like the P90D loaner I had.
That's what I've always said. Crazy powerful now at higher speeds

Reactions: chillaban
...what SoC is optimal for a 0-60 run, and at what point does the charge level make a meaningful difference?...
We might have enough data to show this graph for the 75D but we haven't pulled the data. There was a great older graph on this with the previous generation of cars before the 75 and 100 starting here. To spoil the conclusion, 100% SoC makes a difference and is always best.

Without a doubt the uncorked 60-90 passing power is substantially improved on the 100D...
We don't have an analysis on this yet but this would mean the battery amperage limit did get uncorked. If anyone has a CAN reader on a quarter mile run they could tell us for sure. Uncorked 75Ds are now at 1300A and the 100 battery can do much more.

Last edited:
Does old DU means no uncorking potential? Or just a different procedure?
Neither. Old drive units get uncorked and the procedure is the same. But on the 100s it might mean very slightly different settings. And it might take longer to get it done.

It would be a few years before the new drive unit would get uncorked to some higher performance advantage, if ever.

Krash,

I have a P100D bought as a demo/inventory with a Jan 2017 build date. From the list it seems like there was a DU01 unit (old) and a DU00 unit as of June 17’.

With the 2 tests done seems like 530kw on old unit and 580kw on new? Just trying to understand if P100’s actually got faster? I thought they all had ludicrous+/max battery with the same performance numbers?

I’m seeing 527kw when I have max battery, engaged and ready...but no launch mode activated.

@Navsarin, all the front Drive Units are the same, but the back Drive Units vary based on if they are a RWD/P car or not. For AWD (i.e. 75D, 100D) cars, the new Drive Unit is DU00. For the RWD and P cars (75, P100D), they get a "bigger", more powerful rear Drive Unit, which is labeled "DU01".

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Krash,

I have a P100D bought as a demo/inventory with a Jan 2017 build date. From the list it seems like there was a DU01 unit (old) and a DU00 unit as of June 17’.

With the 2 tests done seems like 530kw on old unit and 580kw on new?

D9F3485B-2A97-4030-8AE3-0997FF6B5BD1.png

You can see the subject of the email is “Uncorking my Model X 100D.” So I sent him an email. Saying there must be a confusion that I was talking about my Model X. This was his response...

473C7968-155E-4340-AD14-E33DAD80C3C6.jpeg

I had previously decided not to post this because I thought it was simply an error. After seeing your post my question is it...? Can the P100D be any quicker?

I personally think it doesn’t need to be. It’s violently quick, it’s physically uncomfortable for me from a standstill, though I love the passing power it has. I would imagine it would wear drive components faster with even more power. I’m hesitant to spend time pursuing this.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark