Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my car yesterday 100D, drove a loaner for 5 days witch was definitely uncorked.
My car isn't... checked the API, but this does not show any lines containing P1 nor P3. the whole config is only 30 lines...

Any help in the right direction would be appreciated!

This is my output

{
"response": {
"api_version": 3,
"autopark_state": "unavailable",
"autopark_state_v2": "standby",
"autopark_style": "dead_man",
"calendar_supported": true,
"car_version": "2017.50.1 ceae3b8",
"center_display_state": 0,
"df": 0,
"dr": 0,
"ft": 0,
"homelink_nearby": false,
"last_autopark_error": "no_error",
"locked": true,
"notifications_supported": true,
"odometer": 127.866859,
"parsed_calendar_supported": true,
"pf": 0,
"pr": 0,
"remote_start": false,
"remote_start_supported": true,
"rt": 0,
"sun_roof_percent_open": 0,
"sun_roof_state": "unknown",
"timestamp": 1514099730778,
"valet_mode": false,
"vehicle_name": "Blackthunder"
}
}

The perf_config variable was removed from the API

Just got my car yesterday 100D, drove a loaner for 5 days witch was definitely uncorked.
My car isn't... checked the API, but this does not show any lines containing P1 nor P3. the whole config is only 30 lines...

Any help in the right direction would be appreciated!
Your situation is confusing. Are they saying that your car is uncorked already? It does not appear that you can tell the 100s are uncorked via a pi data per various post above. For me I used the Android app Dashboard for Tesla to gather my data then showed my service Manger mine compared to others. (Other thread has spreedsheet with all various cars data)

if you are using TeslaFI it looks like it's the "Performance Config' flag
From some of my research:
Chasedrgc1223, Today at 11:23 AM
>> MasterT said:
On 100D, Perf_Config being P1 does not automatically mean uncorked as Perf_Config is one of two indicators determining if the car can be uncorked. It is possible to have P1 on a corked 100D car. As I have said, BMS ISENSORPROTOCOL NUMBER is the only way to tell if you are uncorked. Over 300 kW when hot rodding the car.

Via: 0 to 60 uncork
Engineering said that the "PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER" has to be greater than 3, and yours is a 5 in CarLogs.

appleguru said:
Alright, so did a little bit of CAN logging to see if I could find the PT_BMS_iSensorProtocolNumber signal on the powertrain bus.
Looks like it is message ID 532, and the values are static:
Byte Number:
0: PT_BMS_iSensorMajorVersion
1: PT_BMS_iSensorMinorVersion
2: PT_BMS_iSensorProtocolNumber <-----
3: PT_BMS_iSensorReleaseVersion
4-6: PT_BMS_iSensorSerialNumber
Should be possible to read this value from your car using TMSpy or similar CAN logging app and appropriate cable/dongle.
If the above referenced support emails are to be believed, this is the magical component that makes some 75D cars eligible/not eligible for uncorking (a PT_BMS_iSensorProtocolNumber greater than 3 is required for uncorking).

So how do you find this info?
Seems finding a method to read the CAN bus is only necessary/useful if the Tesla Service Center says your Tesla can not be uncorked and you are trying to prove otherwise. In other words, why wouldn't people get the info via their service center.

In my case, I was getting mixed messages /info about my X 100D. I found someone at the Service Center to give me the real answer and say they'd do it so I didn't have to go beyond my research.

Hi guys, I am about to pull a trigger on an inventory 100D VIN 42xxx and made around 3-4/2017. Any way to know if its uncorked or uncorckable before I take delivery? TIA!
After you take delivery, as soon as your email and password access the car, you can do an iOS PowerTools or Android Dashboard for Tesla 0-60 run. On a high state of charge the max power reading should be 400kW vs 375kW.

I assume it is an X100D with that VIN range and manufacture date.

I have an S100D, VIN is 2111XX, took delivery Sep 2017. Just called the Sunnyvale SC and they said that the 100D cannot be uncorked, only the 75D. Doesnt jive with the fact that some folks here have gotten their 100D uncorked. Hmm. I just downloaded dashboard for android, will do a 0-60 run soon. I know when I picked up the car, my DS said I had the new DU and I could be uncorked.

Just re-read my email and I missed the fact that he (my SC advisor in Fremont) said that engineering hasnt developed the firmware for uncorking the 100D, only the 75. That doesnt sound right at all.

Last edited:
My 100d was delivered Jun 2017 and was uncorked recently. I didn’t notice any significant impact on the driving experience. It is nice if you get it done, but is not something to loose sleep over. Now on another thread in he UX side, there are walks of an new MCU, that’s what we need.