Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recent CA owners apply for the $2,500 CVRP rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked the website again. Check still not mailed, but now instead of "September" it says "September or October" :rolleyes:

If you applied for a rebate between March 28 and July 22: Funding to support CVRP was approved in the State Budget. CSE expects to receive funding to issue rebate checks in September or October 2014.

October 30: Submitted documents electronically
November 4: Received email notifying me application was approved and to expect check within 90 days
December 5: Received email notifying me check was sent
December 7: Received check in mail

October 30: Submitted documents electronically
November 4: Received email notifying me application was approved and to expect check within 90 days
December 5: Received email notifying me check was sent
December 7: Received check in mail

Thanks!!! 30 days from application approval and check issuance is absurd... If the application is approved and funds are there I can't think of a logical reason to delay the check. Naturally I didn't buy the car for the rebate, nor do I need the rebate for anything of consequence but inefficiencies really "grind my gears"... :)

Jeff

APPLICATION STATUSApplication started on
December 10, 2015

Check Sent
Rebate check mailed on January 14, 2016

Check sent on
January 14, 2016

Your check is on its way. If you do not receive your check within 30 days of January 14, 2016, please contact us at 866.984.2532 or [email protected] to confirm your mailing address.

Just discovered this thread by happy accident: a combo of this news story that arrived in my e-mail box today which mentioned the "Clean Vehicle Rebate Project," then curiosity lead me to type in "CVRB" via a Google Alert and volia! The Internet scares me sometimes, LOL.

Any chance the M3 will make the CVRB rebate alive again? I would be happy with $1K but any more would be awesome sauce.