Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any US Model 3 Performance deliveries in 2019?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered Red/White P3D on 3-6-2019, was given 3-14-2019 2PM delivery date, then changed to 3-15-19 4 PM, now 3-17-19 10 AM. I was never given vin on website. I got two phone calls from Tesla on 3-13-19 from two different people seeing if I was interested in a 400 mile or an 800 mile demo car in my configuration. I told them I would wait for new one, but who knows when the real delivery date will be listed. Are the late 2018 and 2019 models getting Autopilot Hardware 3?

It's more than just the extra kick in performance. We get larger wheels, a lowered suspension, larger brake calipers, a carbon fiber spoiler, and... track mode!

While those may not to amount to even half the $10k in cost, I think the gap in value between non-perf AWD and performance models is more than justified -- as opposed to, say, the difference in price between 100D and P100D where all you're getting is the extra acceleration and the spoiler (no track mode, no lowered suspension, no larger brakes) at a much wider price difference. Heck, even P100D vs P100DL is whopping $15k for just the extra 0.6 second acceleration to 60mph!!

But of course that's just me, as someone coming from a P85D who paid a handsome amount over the 85D, AND paid Tesla another $5000 for Ludicrous (half what later models charged), I personally think $10k for the performance version of the 3 over the non-perf AWD is a bargain, given all the goodies included.

PS: in more news from today, Tesla increases Model 3 range through software update
"Tesla also announced that they would also be increasing the peak power output of the Model 3 Performance by about 5 percent" :D

Well do we actually get the Dual Motor badge and carbon fiber spoiler? I'd heard rumours the AWD's were being released without them and an effective "I owe you" from Tesla later, or was that back in the past? I'll find out 12pm EST tomorrow I suppose. Track mode.. I'm salivating.. :D

The fact the P3D outperforms all but the performance S by the looks of the times says everything to me. I most definitely agree obviously as I couldn't bring myself to not order the Performance model. For the years of driving ahead it's a bargain.

January 28th order for Performance Model 3. Was originally assigned a 2018 model, requested 2019 model. Currently still waiting.

Been offered a 2018 with free white interior upgrade, but I lose my supercharging free for 6/9 months, and an extra $2k off. I agreed but now that has gone quiet. Now I am back to waiting for a vehicle. I believe CA is getting the lion share of vehicles...

So month and a half wait so far, no end in sight right now.

I don't understand it in that I ordered about 12 days ago and picking up mine tomorrow here in South Florida.. it seems to be down to complete luck of the draw on location and exact spec you select I think. Good luck, it will be worth the wait when your P3D arrives!

On my order page on Tesla's website, I've had Registration, Insurance, Trade, and Payment sections since I placed the order. Filled out Registration and Insurance immediately. Overnight last night the Registration section disappeared..does this mean anything for order progress?
I find the user interface has a life of its own and things disappear and reappear often after an email question to Tesla within minutes. If something has disappeared on the registration side you want to access again just email them, otherwise it's just one section of the process being deemed "finished" by the interface.

Well do we actually get the Dual Motor badge and carbon fiber spoiler? I'd heard rumours the AWD's were being released without them and an effective "I owe you" from Tesla later, or was that back in the past? I'll find out 12pm EST tomorrow I suppose.

I believe they’re still installed after delivery, which is fine with me as I only want the spoiler (that dual motor badge seems out of place by itself..)

Keep us posted once you take delivery tomorrow. Very curious about AP hardware 3.0. Excited for you!!

White/White here, and no VIN so far..
Ordered on 03/02.

I received the Fedex envelop with documents to sign, related to my trade-in, but they messed up the name so now they have to resend it.

This was an impulse buy, frankly I may pull the plug if no VIN til Saturday.

Yep! Just checked, mine did too

Hmm weird, mine is still there but has incorrect info (could it have something to do with the Y reveal later tonight?):

5EC8D9E2-02FA-4767-8C0A-5341E1BD2ADA.jpeg

White/White here, and no VIN so far..
Ordered on 03/02.

I received the Fedex envelop with documents to sign, related to my trade-in, but they messed up the name so now they have to resend it.

This was an impulse buy, frankly I may pull the plug if no VIN til Saturday.

I ordered the same configuration as you on the same day. I initially received a tentative delivery date of 3/16 which then got pushed back to 3/23. I feel you though - this VIN wait is wearing me out.

Thing is, the car is for my wife, and her car is really not that bad. She has a 2013 X6 Msport loaded and she likes the car.
But now after 60k, the next round of maintenance will not be pretty, so I thought about capitalizing on the current discounts/tax rebates and pulled the trigger... Depending on the announcement tonight, I may cancel and wait for the model Y.

Thing is, the car is for my wife, and her car is really not that bad. She has a 2013 X6 Msport loaded and she likes the car.
But now after 60k, the next round of maintenance will not be pretty, so I thought about capitalizing on the current discounts/tax rebates and pulled the trigger... Depending on the announcement tonight, I may cancel and wait for the model Y.

End of 2020 for production to start on the Y, if it was the end of this year, I'd move my $2500 over to a PYD, but I'm not waiting 18 months.