Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Perth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I've been following the Tesla site and forums with a lot of excitement for a while and now that the 70d is out I'm getting pretty keen.
However it's a bit hard choosing finishes etc when there are no dealers here and demos to check out.

Would love to catch-up with some Perth owners at some point to see how their cars have been going and to actually see some in the flesh. I've noticed before that some people have gone to the The Australian Electric Vehicle Association meetings - there is one coming up on 12th May at UWA. Is anyone going along to that?

Alternatively happy to grab a coffee with an owner sometime if that works for anyone???

Hopefully we can build up to a critical mass over here such that we can get some servicing options setup in the future.

cheers
David

Hi. I'm a new member to the forums and wanted to introduce myself to the Perth crew.

Im not an owner quite yet - having the finance discussions at the moment but have my heart set on a white 70d with 21's plus a few other options. Keen to hear any real world feedback on using a model S as an everyday driver in Perth.

Initially im concerned about whether the glass roof is too hot for our summers, and whether I'll be able to make a trip down south using AC etc without running into range problems.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Can comment on the glass roof only. You could use it in the Sahara without issue. Almost no heat gets through it. Now the window glass, I was forced to tint by my wife. It was the only complaint my wife had when I first got the car. Since the tint, happy wife, happy life. No complaints about any heat from the roof.

Can comment on the glass roof only. You could use it in the Sahara without issue. Almost no heat gets through it. Now the window glass, I was forced to tint by my wife. It was the only complaint my wife had when I first got the car. Since the tint, happy wife, happy life. No complaints about any heat from the roof.

Interesting, when I was at Tesla in Richmond with the guys they mentioned the roof was UV and tint protected such that it won't get hot in the car... Good to see it proven :) As for Window Tinting did you just go to an aftermarket venue, like Tint-A-Car? or something specific?

Cheers and thanks,

Chris

Interesting, when I was at Tesla in Richmond with the guys they mentioned the roof was UV and tint protected such that it won't get hot in the car... Good to see it proven :) As for Window Tinting did you just go to an aftermarket venue, like Tint-A-Car? or something specific?

Cheers and thanks,

Chris
In Brisbane Brisbane Window Tinting - Solar Style Window Tinting - the lot for $395. Remember maximum permitted under Oz law is 35%.

Initially im concerned about whether the glass roof is too hot for our summers, and whether I'll be able to make a trip down south using AC etc without running into range problems.

As already mentioned the glass roof blocks most of the heat, I'm glad I got it as it makes the car feel less closed in (I come from driving mostly convertibles) and it's great driving around with the roof open when the sun isn't directly overhead

Trips down South have become really easy now that the first of the RAC Electric Highway chargers are installed.
With a 70D it might be a stretch driving all the way to Margaret River in one go (depending from where exactly in the Perth Metro area you start) but very easily done with a 30 minute charge & coffee stop in Bunbury or Busselton.
And Model S is a very comfortable car for driving long distance, I recommend getting the autopilot convenience package as the adaptive cruise control works really well, and I look forward to the self steering / lane keeping.

Thanks for the info all. The TM website said the glass roof is required for roof racks, which inevitably will be required with a family of 2 kids. No surfboards inside anymore :(

Autopilot package was a must, also a leather seat upgrade. ( I assumed the standard seats are cloth ?)

21's are a luxury - anyone had experience getting suitable after market wheels locally ?

Can abyone confirm if the ACT still has the incentive of zero luxury car tax on EV's ?

Anyone investigated taking delivery in ACT and then trucking to final destination ?

LCT is federal, it's stamp duty that ACT has concessions on (still a non-trivial amount). You'd need to be able to register the vehicle legally in the ACT to take advantage of that, not just get it delivered there.