Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok what is your mileage?
What software version are you on,
and are those the numbers when you first plug in or after supercharging for several minutes?

54,000 miles (as stated in the post you quoted)
software version 2020.4.1
I think the screen shot I posted above was after a few minutes of Supercharging... but still seems significantly slower than pre-v10 software update

This was from a couple of months ago when my P85D was still on v9 at a 120kW UNpaired Supercharger (not urban charger):

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_579a.jpg

Last edited:
lots of info here Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software
what version of software are you on?

Posted dozens of times to that thread. The problem is not the majority of cars, and there are no factual numbers of affected cars ever posted that I am aware of.

My point : Cite the evidence for your statement or advise you are using conjecture and wisdom of the thread posts you've read. Your post again: "almost all" is almost certainly wildly overstating the facts and cannot be backed up by anything I've seen reported.

Almost all of us 85 pack people got nerfed supercharging. I havent seen near 100kw since chargegate fw release.

As for my software, up to date with newest. Am a classic 2013 S with 140000 km and 3% degradation, not at all affected WRT charging or range.

Posted dozens of times to that thread. The problem is not the majority of cars, and there are no factual numbers of affected cars ever posted that I am aware of.

My point : Cite the evidence for your statement or advise you are using conjecture and wisdom of the thread posts you've read. Your post again: "almost all" is almost certainly wildly overstating the facts and cannot be backed up by anything I've seen reported.

As for my software, up to date with newest. Am a classic 2013 S with 140000 km and 3% degradation, not at all affected WRT charging or range.
I'd say that you're in the minority of 85kw packs posting on TMC, congrats. From what I've seen on TMC there appears to be a majority of people with 85 packs affected in one way or another. Sure I'd agree most don't suffer from both range loss and charge speed throttle but without supercharging frequently do you think most people would notice the deterioration in their charging speeds? Not exactly something easy to identify due to numerous variables. I don't supercharge often and I didn't lose any range either but I did notice my charge speed took a big hit after that update. I have my teslafi data to backup that as well. Others in this thread are also posting similar results with throttled charging. I'd say with the small sample size of TMC users its not wildly overstating. I'm under 50k miles and haven't seen a supercharger unpaired hit above 70kw at 11% SoC after said update.

Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
Ok, so you think "almost all" is not wildly overstating something with limited numeric evidence. Got it. I'll slink back to my den of logic and sulk. ;-)
It is very hard to get anything but ancedotal data on these boards (my SuC was reduced 21%,BTW). However, I recall a graphic made by the folks at ABRP that shows it is a widespread issue. Plus, vlogers like Bjorn Nyland have seen it even on the model 3. Once you go over a certain amount of DC charging, DC charge speeds will be reduced.

Reactions: kavyboy
Camp mode is nice for when I need to run into the store real quick and the kids want to stay in the car. Now at least they get to keep listening to music.

I actually like the text message update too. Prior the phone was silenced due to being connected to the car via Bluetooth. My wife would send me a message and I wouldn't know till I made it to my destination. Now at least I get a notice on the IC and a "Ding" of sorts to let me know.

2015 90D w/ 55k mi
2019.40.2.3 with a 2020.4.1 pending
52kW@7%
102kW@10%
111kW peak @37%
100kW@45%
92kW@50%
82kW@60%

Hopefully that helps paint a more complete picture. Honestly I'm so ****ing tired of Tesla's awful communication and treating y'all like nothing's wrong. These superchargers kneecappings effectively eliminate the car having any hope of being anything beyond a commuter car.

Guys the charging taper for the different packs is documented here based on real data collected by a betterrouteplanner - Tesla Supercharging - Summer 2019 Update

Can anyone give any compelling reason to update a MCU 1 car to the latest 4.2 update? I don't think text is worth the potential loss of voice commands...
I am not sure what voice commands you are losing. I have an infinite amount more voice commands.

Just make sure you just tap the speaking button once and wait for the microphone symbol and then speak the command. If you hold it down it will truncate your command and will not work.

Bjorn Nyland have seen it even on the model 3. Once you go over a certain amount of DC charging, DC charge speeds will be reduced.

Yes, I am a big fan of Tesla B. The throttle on his Model X was down to 90 kW and now he's reported similar on a Model 3. He did outline that in defence of the situation, both vehicles were nearly exclusively fast charged for the majority of their km driven. It is what it is. Note that is the same maximum rate as my "classic" 2013 Model S from factory, and is the same rate I get on a warm battery after 7 years later.

Another Anaheim Anv3 Supercharger datapoint yesterday:
  • 2015 P85D
  • 54,000 miles
  • software version 2020.4.1
  • 68ºF ambient temperature
  • paired Supercharger (which still should have output much more power since it is a v3 Supercharger_
Immediately after I plugged in:

IMG_1415.JPG

A few minutes later:

IMG_1416.JPG

Tesla Costa Mesa Service Center is looking at it today.

Sure seems the charge rate has dropped significantly over the past year.