Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 2019.36.2.1 and my browser / manual works. You just have to wait a few seconds

So:
  1. Your browser works... and remains working? (including Waze for Tesla)
  2. You see the release notes?
  3. Can access the owner's manual?
I've left my 2015 P85D on v9 because I use Waze for Tesla all the time to stay ticket free.

Why do you keep highlighting underlining and coloring when writing "p85d"? We get it you have a ludicrous congrats lmao

• Funny
Reactions: rsg123
I'm on 2019.36.2.1 and my browser / manual works. You just have to wait a few seconds

Why do you keep highlighting underlining and coloring when writing "p85d"? We get it you have a ludicrous congrats lmao

Why did you use a lower case "p" and "d" in "p85d" ?

I use P85D because that's exactly how Tesla displays it on my car:

eRg4ywPtRXCl7Bsk9+w50A_thumb_46fa.jpg

Reactions: BozieBeMe2
Took a trip this week and was trying to figure out follow distance changes. Looks like it’s much more exaggerated based on speed now. Going really slow there’s almost no distance, going 80 it is keeping more distance than before.

Also I noticed it is tracking in lane much more with the car in front. If they are in the right or left of the lane my car was following that tracking rather than just staying in the middle when no car was in front of me.

I’ve definitely noticed more of the tracking car in front. In stop and go traffic, left lane, the car in front was driving with its left wheels outside the left line. Even though my car was tracking both the lines (car in front wasn’t blue), it consistently drove with the left wheels outside the line as well. That was annoying.

I’ve definitely noticed more of the tracking car in front. In stop and go traffic, left lane, the car in front was driving with its left wheels outside the left line. Even though my car was tracking both the lines (car in front wasn’t blue), it consistently drove with the left wheels outside the line as well. That was annoying.
That's funny and sad. The fact that the software developers are putting more faith in the driver in front of you paying attention vs the technology in the car being able to put you between the lines.

That's funny and sad. The fact that the software developers are putting more faith in the driver in front of you paying attention vs the technology in the car being able to put you between the lines.
Sometimes it is annoying, sometimes not. Eg when I’m in stop and go traffic on the highway, following the behavior of the car in front of me is the only way for AP1 to behave more human like: shifting slightly left (or right) allows bikers to pass between the lanes.
I recall complain in the earlier iterations of AP1 that the car would stick to the middle of the lane, thus making you an unpleasant driver for bikers.

• Informative
Reactions: BozieBeMe2
I found that TACC has improved under V10 so that I am fully confident in it. AP is smoother, but has also increased the cars seeming affinity for K walls and trucks. Here in SoCal, it is always road construction somewhere with narrow Lanes and no shoulder, K wall right up to the lane line. In such situations, twice I had to pull it out of AP to avoid hitting the way. I think K walls and trucks skirts make AP think they are lane markings.