Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 / 8.1 : "Cruise Not Available"-AP intermittently not working in 17.11.{3,10} versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got 17.11.3 on 3/29/2017 and was able to use high speed Auto Steer right away. Starting this Monday All of the AP2 features stopped working. I have rebooted computers, shut the car down and toggled features on and off but no luck.
I use Teslafi and I noticed that the last time my car went to sleep was 3/28/2017. Not sure if its related.
And suddenly it's working again.

I've got the same problem. 8.1 worked fine for me for several days, but then yesterday I went to the office and parked in the garage, and when I left none of the cruise control, etc. features would work and I just got the "Cruise control not available" message.

I've always (since they enabled AP) had a problem where when I parked in my parking deck at work, all AP functions would be disabled for about 5 miles after I left the deck. I would get an error stating that radar was limited. It had something to do with driving in the huge parking deck with all that concrete and rebar for several minutes. It would start working on its own after about 5 miles from the exit to the garage, or if I turned the car off and back on again. Neither of those fixed the issue yesterday, and the error was different too.

I have this same problem. There were a few times where I would leave the house and not have autopilot or "cruise". After running errands and driving back home I would have autopilot, but only on 3 occasions. After the latest update (8.1 17.11.10) I haven't had any autopilot or TACC. Called service and they sent my case to the Boulder, CO Ranger for them to look at the issue in the next couple of days.

Hi, similar problems here since 17.11.3. 17.11.10 did not fix the issues.

Do you guys also lost the GPS position of the car? I also use Teslafi and the API did not return the correct position. Also the App shows the car position in Africa (...) and all of this after the 17.11.3 update.

Sometimes I can use AP, but sometimes didn't work at all. I think the main issue it's with GPS as the AP needs it to work, but I am not sure.

From my ranger today: Just reviewing logs for your vehicle based on the driver assistance not operating. There is currently an open case for many cars experiencing the same issues and alerts under engineering review. They're working on a firmware fix. I don't have an ETA for fix at this time.

• Informative
Reactions: sdorn and Ulmo
Hey....I am having the exact same issue (relieved to see other people in this forum having the issue, which seems to imply its not necessarily a specific hardware issue to one car)...

After upgrading to 8.1, my autopilot stopped working. Even cruise control doesn't work.I would get the same "Cruise not available" message. On occasions I did get the message "Obstacle in path". Not sure what that meant.

I took my car to the SC, they reset my calibration and told me that I should drive it for few days. For the first 50 miles, it would get the message "Camera is calibrating..". After 50 miles, it stopped giving me the message, but autopilot still doesn't work! The SC advised me to come back after two weeks of driving. They seem to think its still calibrating.

I got my Model X Late December 2016. When did you guys get yours? I also wonder why it would take so much longer for some model X to calibrate while it took less time for others. I drive in roads with good lane markings. Prior to 8.1, my autopilot worked fine.

Hey....I am having the exact same issue (relieved to see other people in this forum having the issue, which seems to imply its not necessarily a specific hardware issue to one car)...

I got my Model X Late December 2016. When did you guys get yours? I also wonder why it would take so much longer for some model X to calibrate while it took less time for others. I drive in roads with good lane markings. Prior to 8.1, my autopilot worked fine.

Dec. 31st, so probably we have similar builds.
I'm not having any such troubles, and parity to my old AP1 car is close, but still not enough experience yet.
|v8.1(17.11.10)| AP2 |

I had the same problem, TACC and autosteer worked after 1 day of calibration then I suddenly lost all driver assist features. Called service and they reviewed my logs and said everything was fine and that it was a firmware issue. This morning, 2 days later, all features suddenly came back while driving. Not sure if it's going to last...

I wonder what about doing this Chademo and refilling the water helped. I'm pretty sure the lines showed up before I ran the sprinklers again.

Mine was running fine for days until I went on a road trip where I used the Orlando supercharger. Drove on AP to the supercharger, when my charge was finished AP and TACC were dead. SC indicated that this was a firmware problem

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Ulmo and Snerruc
Also noticed that my headlights stay on all the time in the "auto" mode.
Yes, that and other items so far in attachment. They will come.......
|v8.1(17.11.10)| AP2 |

17.11.10 Items.jpg

I had the same problem, TACC and autosteer worked after 1 day of calibration then I suddenly lost all driver assist features. Called service and they reviewed my logs and said everything was fine and that it was a firmware issue. This morning, 2 days later, all features suddenly came back while driving. Not sure if it's going to last...
It didn't last

Hmm, my headlights work in auto mode as expected. They are off when it is light outside and come on as it gets darker. What doesn't work yet are the adaptive headlights (steerable and cornering).
Good points, I've not tested adaptive steering/cornering headlights, maybe that's not enabled yet also. But "Automatic high beam Dim" is a nice feature for when a car approaches from a far. So levels may be:

headlights auto ON at dark Yes-working
automatic highbeam dim working?
adaptive steering/cornering working?

|v8.1(17.11.10)| AP2 |