Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Calling the usual trolls in this forum - you know who you are - to start hyperventilating on this FUD.
i in no way agree with the amnesty article ,or Reuters negative spin on the article.
I see it as a vaguely subtle attempt to depress the stock price, and I am unaware how cobalt would be used in rotating magnetic fields "Tesla's 3-Phase 4-Pole AC Induction Motor"
this is more a warning that elsewhere fud will appear based on it

All just more reasons I feel it would be interesting to know who is behind Montana Skeptic.

View attachment 196454

Source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3965533-tesla-revealed-model-3-early

View attachment 196454

Source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3965533-tesla-revealed-model-3-early

Should you have some more clues, or even know who he is, feel free to post them here or PM me.
Seeking alpha has a lot of comments, one asking where is Montana in the Q3 results thread

Seeking alpha has a lot of comments, one asking where is Montana in the Q3 results thread

He will for sure post an article tomorrow, about how the ER will be record losses. Article was already written, he is just plugging in the 24500 number.

He is however still sweating how to explain that Tesla states it still has 5k in the delivery pipeline. But he will surely have some fabicated explanation for that, based on vague assumptionist and insinuations of Tesla lying.

more dis-information. smearing EV's in general and Tesla in specific with child labor.
I expect an article(s) and comment(s) on S(l)ee(ze)king Al(phal)pha today or tomorrow on the same

Electric cars: Running on child labour?

Reuters is already spinning it badly, with faintly disguised disclaimers

Child labor taints production of batteries for electric carmakers, Amnesty says

So they decided to add Tesla to their "potential chart". Here is the article in January (which I recalled didn't have Tesla there):

Child labour in batteries

Trying to capitalize on the Tesla name (which I guess in January didn't fly on their radar).

more dis-information. smearing EV's in general and Tesla in specific with child labor.
I expect an article(s) and comment(s) on S(l)ee(ze)king Al(phal)pha today or tomorrow on the same

Electric cars: Running on child labour?

Reuters is already spinning it badly, with faintly disguised disclaimers

Child labor taints production of batteries for electric carmakers, Amnesty says

The first article shows Tesla getting batteries from LG Chem. The only batteries they have gotten from LG Chem are for the Roadster upgrades. A very tiny percentage of all the batteries Tesla has bought.

Tesla's goal with the Gigafactory is to source raw materials as close to home as possible. Canada produces a fair bit of cobalt, and Cuba has a fairly hefty reserve and their mining is way below capacity now. With continuing improved relations between Cuba and the US, Tesla could get cobalt from Cuba. Australia has a very large cobalt reserve, it's estimated to only be 2nd to the Congo's.

The US has some cobalt reserves and production, but they are tiny compared to the bigger players.

i in no way agree with the amnesty article ,or Reuters negative spin on the article.
I see it as a vaguely subtle attempt to depress the stock price, and I am unaware how cobalt would be used in rotating magnetic fields "Tesla's 3-Phase 4-Pole AC Induction Motor"
this is more a warning that elsewhere fud will appear based on it

Cobalt is used in the chemistry of the li-ion batteries Tesla uses. That particular chemistry has the highest energy density of the various possible li-ion chemistries that are mass producible. I have never heard anybody say anything about anyone using it in motors, nor can I think of a use for cobalt in motors. However cobalt is a component of some types of steel.

• Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
Cobalt is used in the chemistry of the li-ion batteries Tesla uses. That particular chemistry has the highest energy density of the various possible li-ion chemistries that are mass producible. I have never heard anybody say anything about anyone using it in motors, nor can I think of a use for cobalt in motors. However cobalt is a component of some types of steel.
i am corrected, apologies

And there is the (predicted) Montana Skeptic article on SA, with the (predicted) content.

Most interesting part :
In November, I'll reach my first anniversary of writing about Tesla.
I'm thinking of hanging up my spikes. It's been fun and fascinating, and I like to think I wrote some pieces that are original, well-researched, and important. Most of my best stuff is thanks to the terrific help of the many great readers here at Seeking Alpha.

Interesting timing .. Q3-ER with good chances for Tesla profitability is expected around Nov. 3rd.

Poor shorts / bears. It was already a difficult day for them, and now this !

Edit : Typo's / P.S. I did notice the title changed :

it was:
Are Tesla's Q3 Numbers Terrific Or Terrible? There's No Way To Know Yet

It is now:
Tesla's Q3 Numbers: Will Record Deliveries Wreck The Income Statement?

Last edited:
Please note highlights. I hate to click in and earn him his clicks. Don't feed the bears.
to be fair to AntonW and his commenters, he used to get 500-1,000 comments, now it's under 30, he is fading away,
Montana, that young looking lawyer with 30 years experience is voluntarily going away.
not a lot from Santos lately either,
I did enjoy some of Montana's comments
"Potemkins all the way down, conflating the origin and what holds up the earth (turtles) and the Potemkin village of russia {empty facades},
he seemed to be a bit irked when i called portions of some of his things "1/2 potemkin, part way down", but was curteous with responses
I was very surprised when I asked Disneyesque how to use Walt Disney's image commercially in paid articles like he did, and was jumped on, so asked the SA moderators how to do so and suddenly his avatar image changed.
eh, just lucky i guess,

The first article shows Tesla getting batteries from LG Chem. The only batteries they have gotten from LG Chem are for the Roadster upgrades. A very tiny percentage of all the batteries Tesla has bought.
In any case, according to a Washington Post article five days ago on the topic of Cobalt mining in the Congo:

This is where your smartphone battery begins

Another Huayou customer, LG Chem, one of the world’s leading battery makers, told The Post it stopped buying Congo-sourced minerals late last year.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo