Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 45, I should be better than this!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back from my trip from Boynton Beach Florida to Sanibel Island. The predicted miles precisely matched (to the exact mile) the actually experienced miles. I kept the speed to 65 most of the way. Charged to 237 and had 82 remaining when we arrived at the supercharger. My first supercharger experience and I was a bit concerned because I had never done it before. Eight bay supercharger was without other cars charging and hooking up could not have been simpler. My S70 drove flawlessly for the entire trip.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Back from my trip from Boynton Beach Florida to Sanibel Island. The predicted miles precisely matched (to the exact mile) the actually experienced miles. I kept the speed to 65 most of the way. Charged to 237 and had 82 remaining when we arrived at the supercharger. My first supercharger experience and I was a bit concerned because I had never done it before. Eight bay supercharger was without other cars charging and hooking up could not have been simpler. My S70 drove flawlessly for the entire trip.
Happy to hear that. One of my concerns of course is how accurate the predicted miles are. I might have a problem doing only 65 though :)

Neuromancer,

Thanks for helping lower my anxiety, not only by starting this thread, but by your humor which made me laugh out loud (actual not figuratively) several times thought.
If your travels ever bring you to Indianapolis, please let me know as I feel I owe you a beer and we can exchange Tesla pictures and stories akin to two new middle aged first time fathers!

Neuromancer,

Thanks for helping lower my anxiety, not only by starting this thread, but by your humor which made me laugh out loud (actual not figuratively) several times thought.
If your travels ever bring you to Indianapolis, please let me know as I feel I owe you a beer and we can exchange Tesla pictures and stories akin to two new middle aged first time fathers!

Thanks Jlwine, and deal! I get up that way occasionally, I'll let you know next time I'm there.

I've been away from the Pearl White Steed for a few days now on vacation. I check on him several times a day via the App. I'll have to install the cradle cam and sound monitors when I get back.

Thanks Jlwine, and deal! I get up that way occasionally, I'll let you know next time I'm there.

I've been away from the Pearl White Steed for a few days now on vacation. I check on him several times a day via the App. I'll have to install the cradle cam and sound monitors when I get back.

I will look forward to that.

BTW, I know it's too late, but the perfect name for your car would have been "Pearl" (think Minnie Pearl) , I mean you are even from Tennessee!

Oh wow, this is crazy, who the hell would spend that much money on a car??? :eek:

Caught red-handed, just ordered our S 60 today! o_O

At 44, I should be better than this! OR NOT! :)

Congrats! Now that the beast is stabled, I know that my pining was merited. Yours is too.

Sorry Jl, but not a country fan.

Vacation has been difficult. I check the Tesa App daily to ensure Shadowfax still rests easy at the proper address, and occasionally check his cabin temp during the heat of the day to ensure safety.

Obsession? No, no. Just concern.

Reactions: Casavant
Did the tint today... Llumar 35 all the way around. Pic below. Might wrap the front when I return from vacation.

I'll give some more garage details then too. Thanks!

Does this mean you did the front windshield too? Looks great, may I ask what the cost was? Looking to get mine tinted when she arrives in August. The tint placed I've used before said "tinting starts at 179, Because that is an all electronic vehicle 3M Crystalline would be the recommended film for that car", which of course starts at 599 + tax. Yeah, the tint on my current car works just fine and was a third the cost.

The whole "you have a tesla you must be rich" thing has already started.

Congrats! Now that the beast is stabled, I know that my pining was merited. Yours is too.

Sorry Jl, but not a country fan.

Vacation has been difficult. I check the Tesa App daily to ensure Shadowfax still rests easy at the proper address, and occasionally check his cabin temp during the heat of the day to ensure safety.

Obsession? No, no. Just concern.
Sounds like the one thing that garage is missing is a live feed HD security camera, so you can actually see your car from anywhere. Just sayin.

Does this mean you did the front windshield too? Looks great, may I ask what the cost was? Looking to get mine tinted when she arrives in August. The tint placed I've used before said "tinting starts at 179, Because that is an all electronic vehicle 3M Crystalline would be the recommended film for that car", which of course starts at 599 + tax. Yeah, the tint on my current car works just fine and was a third the cost.

The whole "you have a tesla you must be rich" thing has already started.

After a lot of reading on these forms, it seems that the best advice is to get some kind of nano-ceramic (AKA Ceramic) tint, but the most important thing is you find an installer you trust. Otherwise, the film itself is kinda whatever. Some people insist on 3M, others have used Llumar, Pinnacle, Photosync, etc. Who knows where any of this stuff is made and what is reboxed/rebranded. Personally, I found a tint shop in my neighborhood which has great reviews and has been there for years (run by a husband and wife team). They use Scorpion Venom film - which is rumored to be reboxed Llumar, which itself is rumored to be a reboxed unknown Korean product. I had 20% installed on the sides and rear. It looks and performs great. Costs a little less than $350. I have their written guarantee that if it starts to bubble/color change/etc. just bring it back and they'll redo it or refund.

A few other places definitely were talking $500+ for 3M or Llumar. I had to laugh - it's tint man, even $300 seems kinda excessive.

Sounds like the one thing that garage is missing is a live feed HD security camera, so you can actually see your car from anywhere. Just sayin.

There is nothing wrong with having live HD Feed in your garage, watching your baby all day! (So says the guy who will be doing exactky that) ;)

And for the record Neuromancer, the ONLY country I like--love, is Johnny Cash!

There is nothing wrong with having live HD Feed in your garage, watching your baby all day! (So says the guy who will be doing exactky that) ;)
Indeed, thinking about a security system with a set of cameras, one for the carport to be able to have an eye on the Tesla at all times.

Oh, and it's not that bad, just refreshing My Tesla a few times a day. I wouldn't call that obsession, but rather Tesla Fever. :)