Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

At 45, I should be better than this!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so jealous of all you as I have built this car about 97 times and get so close to pressing order.

Now we are talking about motorcycles, traveling, and beautiful women having Teslas too.

Thank you to this forum. Thank you. :)

LOL. Well said by all. This forum is the only thing that has kept me from:

1) Divorce
2) Standing outside the Tesla facility with my nose pressed against the glass
3) A restraining order being issued to protect my DS (who was initially communicative, but has now clearly gotten sick of me)

Interestingly, not everyone appreciates the purchase of a Tesla. I am the President of my company, and I have been told that when word leaked that I was getting a Tesla, some have apparently said things like "Oh, If he's ordering a Tesla, we must all be getting a raise."

Hmm, need to add:

4) Prison

I am so jealous of all you as I have built this car about 97 times and get so close to pressing order.

Now we are talking about motorcycles, traveling, and beautiful women having Teslas too.

Thank you to this forum. Thank you. :)
I have done the same. If I come to this forum next week and have not ordered mine ? Then I should just bury my head in the sand in shame :( Today alone I added glass roof, subtracted sub-zero, changed the color and at least came to a decision on dual. I will get it.

Interestingly, not everyone appreciates the purchase of a Tesla. I am the President of my company, and I have been told that when word leaked that I was getting a Tesla, some have apparently said things like "Oh, If he's ordering a Tesla, we must all be getting a raise."
Don't keep us in suspense, are they getting a raise? And if so, I demand you to pay me a raise too!

I definitely have noticed that out of cars in this price range, Teslas are the only ones that get that kind of visceral response. It's like asking someone where they went to school and they answer with an Ivy League. No matter what tone is used, it's going to be seen as boastful, when in fact it is the simple truthful answer to the question that was asked.

No one would be saying that kind of stuff if you bought a new 7 series or S class. Truthfully, I've been mostly keeping my purchase to myself for this reason. Kinda embarrassing to admit, but I suppose a lot of things on this thread kinda are in that category :p

Don't keep us in suspense, are they getting a raise? And if so, I demand you to pay me a raise too!

No, in fact, beatings will increase until morale improves :)

Same. I park in the far end of the parking lot so people in my company wouldn't know that it's my car.

That's ridiculous! It's your car... you earned it (presumably). I think you should park it up front and if anyone says anything to you, just say "Yes, but I thought it would be a bit pretentious to bring my Bugatti. By the way, do you happen to have any Grey Poupon?" :rolleyes:

That's ridiculous! It's your car... you earned it (presumably). I think you should park it up front and if anyone says anything to you, just say "Yes, but I thought it would be a bit pretentious to bring my Bugatti. By the way, do you happen to have any Grey Poupon?" :rolleyes:
Eh, I know I should, my wife says the same thing, but... I don't.

People who know me, know that I have a Tesla. People I'm not friends with but see on a daily basis, I don't need any judgments from them. Silly, I know.

Well, crap. Found out just now the car was in Birmingham today. Aside from being the Armpit of the South, Birmingham is also an odd waypoint when going from Missouri (where the car was Monday) and Nashville (where I wait impatiently).

The reason? The car was NOT out on a truck I was originally told... It's on a F**#ing train!

*beats head on desk repeatedly*

So clearly, there was only one thing for me to do today.

Buy some Tesla stock. Pulled the trigger today... Gives me something to watch as I continue to wait. Sigh.

I definitely have noticed that out of cars in this price range, Teslas are the only ones that get that kind of visceral response. It's like asking someone where they went to school and they answer with an Ivy League. No matter what tone is used, it's going to be seen as boastful, when in fact it is the simple truthful answer to the question that was asked.

No one would be saying that kind of stuff if you bought a new 7 series or S class. Truthfully, I've been mostly keeping my purchase to myself for this reason. Kinda embarrassing to admit, but I suppose a lot of things on this thread kinda are in that category :p
Other than my wife and kids I have not yet told anyone I ordered this morning. I am a little embarrassed about it and I would love to tell the world, including a FB notice. But I won't do that :( Regarding the BMW. I had planned on a 5 series and am so happy I did not do it. I would have been stuck finding a way to give it back w/o losing too much money :)

Heh, I wasn't really going to tell anyone either but I was "outted" on FB by a friend. Now everyone keeps forwarding me Tesla news articles... that I've already seen because of *obsession*.
You and me both.

A friend posted something about low gas prices and I commented that they're higher up here, and he replied with "what do you care, you drive a Tesla" and then a bunch of other friends who didn't know started commenting on my car...

Hi everyone, I never post on any forum... Anywhere. Only the the fevered longing for my Tesla (confirmed Tuesday), and the accompanying psychotic/obsessive reading, has lured me from my lurking. I feel a visceral need for connection and commiseration to anesthetisize the pining in my chest.

I'm 45 years old... I should be better than this. How can I be debilitatingly obsessed with a car? Am I six years old looking under the Christmas tree? It's unseemly.

Alas, all I could think of was to ask for feedback as I contemplate a name for my soon arrival.

Pearl white, black interior 75D, loaded with everything except rear facing seats and air suspension.

I normally prefer ominous and manly appellations, but pearl white doesn't seem to invite this.

How about: ArcAngel?

Dumb? Inspired? Effeminate? Clever?

I can't believe I just typed this post. What the @&&$ is happening to me?

I made test drives of BMW, MB, Jaguar and many sporty toys, deposited for BMW. Then I ordered a Model 3 when it was announced and thought it's no bad to buy a small toy in a few years just for fun, what a decision! The next day, I made a visit to local Tesla demo room and had a 45 minutes test drive.

Here is what happened, I cancelled my reservation (and deposit) of BMW and ordered a model S. Now I am checking the website 3 times a day though it never changed. I am 43 and this is how obsessive Tesla can make me feel like 20 years old waiting for a glimpse from a girl.

I made test drives of BMW, MB, Jaguar and many sporty toys, deposited for BMW. Then I ordered a Model 3 when it was announced and thought it's no bad to buy a small toy in a few years just for fun, what a decision! The next day, I made a visit to local Tesla demo room and had a 45 minutes test drive.

Here is what happened, I cancelled my reservation (and deposit) of BMW and ordered a model S. Now I am checking the website 3 times a day though it never changed. I am 43 and this is how obsessive Tesla can make me feel like 20 years old waiting for a glimpse from a girl.

I actually had been enamored with the Model S for a long time and my wife finally convinced me to order - mostly because I was already pretty obsessed and talking about it all the time. During the confirmation week I actually went to drive a whole bunch of cars to make sure I wouldn't have buyer's remorse: 550 xdrive, Audi A7, Porsche Panamera. I also wanted to check out a Mercedes, but the dealership really turned me off by not seeming to take me seriously and not having any car in stock for me to drive. While I liked the A7 in particular, I just didn't find myself anywhere near as excited with the idea of owning one as I was with the Tesla. If anything, I realized that buying any of those other cars would just leave me wanting - so buyer's confirmation?

Today on the way home with the car I was super hype and excited. I'm still buzzing in spite of the 9 hours of driving I've done over the past 2 days - and I'm known for being really cool and level headed (AKA boring) all the time. Anyway, it sounds like you made the right decision. You're going to love it.

Sooo I'm only 28 but I've been drooling over the S since my first ride in a P85 3 years ago. Wife and I have finally worked hard enough to get one, so I join all the other addicts here for some reassurance. Our new 60 still hasn't hit production yet. Definitely the closest thing I've ever felt since being a kid at Christmas morning.
I had a deposit on a loaded BMW 550xi. Vehicle was in transit and delivery estimate was 2 weeks. I had test driven Audi A7, Porsche Panamera, and was wrapping up MB E350 lease. I liked the BMW but was just not that excited about it. I decided to go check out Tesla. I was given a MS 90D for overnight test drive. I cancelled the BMW order the next day. Lost my deposit but did not care. Now eagerly awaiting delivery of my 90D!

Congrats flyingdoc! What type of flying doc are you? Dentist and a pilot of the mighty 172 here. Trying to upgrade to a Cirrus soon tho.

Simplify... Call it Winter and until Delivery Day you can tell everyone that Winter Is Coming...

(hey - you can always change the name when you get to know the car better)

Obviously not enough people on this forum watch GOT or else thIs would have gotten 50 likes. Ours is Pearl White too so trying to come up with some clever GOT references.

YES YES YES YES!!!! Pickup scheduled for tomorrow at 4:00!!!! So excited... giddy like a schoolgirl. Pics to come in this thread and the delivery thread.

Thank you to all of you who have made this wait easier to tolerate by sharing your similar stories of excitement and obsessiveness that should normally be reserved for the back seat on prom night or the birth of your first child.