Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin built MY LR quick review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mic prevented me from being an a hole. “It’s a shelf you put parcels on” in the back of your car. Picture is a much more eloquent answer.
To be fair, the term is rarely used in the States. And the concept itself is utilized in Europe historically to a much larger degree.
Here we usually get a flimsy, thin cover. More for visual or security purposes. Certainly nothing to hold anything on in our Boots.

I’m actually impressed by the one in the Model Y. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and design. It’s solid and seems well thought out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyCityY
I just got an Austin long range Y last week and my driver door seems hard to close sometimes too. I‘m hoping it gets better with more use. Other doors seem fine.

I traded my 2018 Model 3 for the 2022 Y and I really like the improvements Tesla made. I wish they would just ditch that fake wood dash though. I don’t see the point in that. The car is really good though and really fun to drive!

Reactions: FLTessie
I just got an Austin long range Y last week and my driver door seems hard to close sometimes too. I‘m hoping it gets better with more use. Other doors seem fine.

I traded my 2018 Model 3 for the 2022 Y and I really like the improvements Tesla made. I wish they would just ditch that fake wood dash though. I don’t see the point in that. The car is really good though and really fun to drive!
Believe they are using better durometer rubber in doors to reduce noise and wind noise. It will flex more in time.

did you really trade in your 17k miles used MY with Tesla for the same amount you paid for a 0 miles new MY? That would be an impossible deal to make here in Europe
My trade-in offer from Tesla is MORE than I paid for my 2020 MY LR with 22K miles.

But I'm walking away from Acceleration Boost, GPS HomeLink, PW speaker, PPF, and some other bits like the performance pedals, painted wheels and calipers, and other interior accessories.

I just took delivery of my first Tesla, Austin built 7/2022 MYLR. I just looked under the front wheel well and found welded metal parts, also noted the center console lid was not a magnetic lid, which I thought came on the Austin builds. but I do have an parcel shelf. I wonder if I got a frame from Freemont and it was assembled in Austin.
even if it was, I still am enjoying the vehicle!

I just took delivery of my first Tesla, Austin built 7/2022 MYLR. I just looked under the front wheel well and found welded metal parts, also noted the center console lid was not a magnetic lid, which I thought came on the Austin builds. but I do have an parcel shelf. I wonder if I got a frame from Freemont and it was assembled in Austin.
even if it was, I still am enjoying the vehicle!
No updated door panels or matrix lights?

Did the Hertz contract ever go through? I've heard of another contract recently which seems perfect for the MYAWD. Stopping a line and moving trained people would be a giant step back. I guess priorities may have shifted at the very least.
Yes, Hertz is renting MY and M3 (I think). I'm renting a MY from them next weekend from a suburban Chicago Hertz. Never been in one, so I'll post my thoughts here next week.

Reactions: DerbyCityY
Yes, Hertz is renting MY and M3 (I think). I'm renting a MY from them next weekend from a suburban Chicago Hertz. Never been in one, so I'll post my thoughts here next week.
Picked up a black/black Money Y with 2K miles at MCO last week while my vehicle is being serviced. Drives just as nice as my wife's (although someone has smoked in it and although Hertz tried to clean it completely it still has smoke residue).