Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think, and please correct me if I'm wrong, while we shouldn't expect delivery on the 3rd of Feb they also are pretty eager to get the cars off the dock ASAP. There are fee's & charges associated with having cars sitting there not to mention there are other vehicle carriers waiting to come in.

Or am I wrong? I'd imagine they'll start delivering from the soonest day possible, but yes if yours is at the back of the pack (Murphy's Law) you'll be in for a 3 week wait :)

Good post - something about it makes me get excited!

How many would you estimate they were getting out the door? 10 cars an hour?

Also do you happen to know when your car arrived at Fremantle Port? Mine's supposed to be unloaded tomorrow at Fremantle.
Also picked mine up today - scheduled for 10:00am, I arrived at 9:45 and were about 6 groups ahead of me. They do 2 delivery sessions a day and release about 20 cars per session so 40 a day.

Our M3's arrived on 12 January and they have been delivering since 23rd January, so about 10 days after docking.

As to hand over they didn't have enough staff to do hand over, it was pretty much that's your card, you are good to go. Did the inspection and played around a bit. Called over a staff member for when we couldn't work some feature out. Car was charged to about 55%.

They did a bit of a rush job on the clean on my car as they left a fair bit of polish residue on the body. But being white wasn't east to see unless you were standing right over it. Will give it a full rub down tonight.

Took car for a test run up the freeway and back down along west coast Hwy to calibrate it and get a better feel before we tried the autopilot. Finished off with a stop at Karrinyup Supercharger and charged from 40% to 100% in about 35 minutes (to 80% in about 15mins) 33Kwk @ $0.66 came to $21. Really only did this for the experience. Will be charging from home mainly from now unless doing those longer trips.

Initial thought, the acceleration, wow, just wow. The air con is top notch. Hot day in Perth and car cooled down pretty quickly to set temp of 21 degrees. Way better than my old ICE car. Sound system is great (or am I just easy to please). Hands free phone also works a treat once you get a feel for the control panel.

The seats are very comfortable and easy to adjust, adjusted a couple of times after initial set up to find my sweet spot. As to using the breaks, quickly adjusted to accelerator only, love that feature.

Well team that's me done! The rest of you can just hurry up and wait :)

Good post - something about it makes me get excited!

How many would you estimate they were getting out the door? 10 cars an hour?

Also do you happen to know when your car arrived at Fremantle Port? Mine's supposed to be unloaded tomorrow at Fremantle.
Speedgull covered this well.

Think our boat arrived on 13 Jan. Four days after I got my appointment date and picked it up today. Before the appointment date text my EDD two week window kept slipping daily which was annoying.

To be honest once I got the delivery date locked in all the 'fun' of the wait and checking this site disappeared. It was a pretty boring couple of weeks knowing the car had arrived and having the exact time you can pick it up.

I will note the Perth delivery team were not pushy at all in trying to get us in and out. I could have stayed much longer if I had wanted to.

Last edited:
I ordered a M3 LR on 10 Jan so I'm trying to be patient. I've seen some seriously long wait times for this model and I'm really hopeful everyone will get their cars soon!
What sort of wheels and colors did you order? I notice the 19" and 20" wheels seem to have a shorter wait time, as does the white interior and red or blue color. I ordered a LR white exterior / black interior with 18" wheels which seems to have a longer wait time than the more expensive options. The other thing that seems to lengthen the wait time is ordering from Tasmania.

Also picked mine up today - scheduled for 10:00am, I arrived at 9:45 and were about 6 groups ahead of me. They do 2 delivery sessions a day and release about 20 cars per session so 40 a day.

Our M3's arrived on 12 January and they have been delivering since 23rd January, so about 10 days after docking.

As to hand over they didn't have enough staff to do hand over, it was pretty much that's your card, you are good to go. Did the inspection and played around a bit. Called over a staff member for when we couldn't work some feature out. Car was charged to about 55%.

They did a bit of a rush job on the clean on my car as they left a fair bit of polish residue on the body. But being white wasn't east to see unless you were standing right over it. Will give it a full rub down tonight.

Took car for a test run up the freeway and back down along west coast Hwy to calibrate it and get a better feel before we tried the autopilot. Finished off with a stop at Karrinyup Supercharger and charged from 40% to 100% in about 35 minutes (to 80% in about 15mins) 33Kwk @ $0.66 came to $21. Really only did this for the experience. Will be charging from home mainly from now unless doing those longer trips.

Initial thought, the acceleration, wow, just wow. The air con is top notch. Hot day in Perth and car cooled down pretty quickly to set temp of 21 degrees. Way better than my old ICE car. Sound system is great (or am I just easy to please). Hands free phone also works a treat once you get a feel for the control panel.

The seats are very comfortable and easy to adjust, adjusted a couple of times after initial set up to find my sweet spot. As to using the breaks, quickly adjusted to accelerator only, love that feature.

Well team that's me done! The rest of you can just hurry up and wait :)
What spec is your car mate?

Hi mate,
I ordered midnight silver, black interior, 18" wheels. Tried to keep it pretty plain other than the exterior colour. I have a friend in the ACT who ordered the same spec as me back in Jun 2022 and his delivery window is the same as mine.

What was your order date? I hope you don't get punished too hard for ordering from Tassie... It's a beautiful place!

Interestingly enough, the source code of my order page shows there is a VIN allocated (IsNotAllocatedToRA00Vin:False") though I can't track down a VIN anywhere.

Kindest regards,
Ballhair

I took delivery yesterday in Sydney. Thought I'd post some details here for anyone curious.

Vehicle was for an M3 RWD with only metallic paint option (in order to claim the NSW rebate).

Key dates:
28/6 - Ordered vehicle
30/11 - Vehicle assigned
02/12 - Paid in full via bank transfer. Also got registration papers and returned completed form.
6/12 - Delivery location confirmed (Alexandria, Sydney)
12/12 - Delivery approaching
22/12 - Port congestion notification

5/1 - Schedule collection. Selected the earliest day possible.
31/1 - Took delivery

Overall it took almost exactly 7 months from ordering until picking up.

Pick-up was relatively smooth. Arrived almost on the dot 10:30am. Had around 3 other collections going through delivery acceptance at the desk, and around 3 more entered behind me while I was going through mine. The guy who took me to the car asked if I had prior experience with a Tesla, and after I mentioned I had rented one for a long weekend recently, he took me to the car, asked if I was all good, and he gave me the blessing to head off whenever. I did notice some water stains on the windshield and the bonnet, so I asked for a quick clean. Another guy came over, cleaned the windshield, but when he tried to buff out the spots on the bonnet his cloth managed to leave two 10cm superficial yet obvious scratch marks. I got someone to have a look at it - fortunately the car next to me was getting something buffed out, so once they were done they went to mine and buffed the bonnet. The marks and scratches were sorted. After looking around the car a bit more and taking some photos, off I went.

One thing I was somewhat annoyed about was the fact that the car was only at 36% battery. The pick-up SMS from Tesla clearly stated it was on 50% charge and would be topped up prior to my pick-up. While the charge was more than enough to get me home (44kms), I had plans to do some driving to various places, and I am not a fan of low battery charges in general. So this was a bit of a black mark, as I had to drive around various suburbs and battle with other drivers looking for an available charging bay.

It took around 60kms of mixed street and motorway driving before the cameras finally completed calibrating and I was able to use my cruise control. The UMC was also in its base firmware - had to update it in order to get the full 15A from my garage powerpoint.

How long before pick up will I be able to view the registration or plate number on the Service NSW app? I've got pick up this Friday 😃
I should've mentioned on my post above (I don't get an edit button :(), but around 10am the day before my pick-up was when my car appeared on my Services NSW app. Probably because my pick-up was on a Tuesday. I'd imagine a Monday pick-up would have their car registered the preceding Friday to reduce risk of it not getting registered.

Reactions: TE5L4