Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. Car arrived today. M3P. Regional QLD delivery.

Ordered late april
VIN late November, invoice week later
Paid December
Last week of December it was registered and shipped
Last Thursday it arrived at depot, week after it was shipped (not bad considering the long weekend for New Years)
Couldnt pick up earlier than this week and delivery to my door was tentatively booked for today anyway so I waited it out.

Took delivery in my driveway.
Drove it 5m into the garage.
Had 60% charge
Waited for call from Tesla - they pushed through the prompt to accept delivery, which then paired phone app to the car.
You can still drive the car without the app, using the keycard
Hooked up to the home wifi, downloaded the software update. Went for a drive

Yes, UMC portable charger was in the boot

Car needed a wash - to be expected, being delivered by car carrier.
There was some white dust here and there (looked like dried waxing creme that hadn't been cleaned off.. wiped this off easily)

Initial thoughts:
Carpet floor mats seem more than enough at this point
Glad i bought the grocery bag hook for the spare stud in the boot
Probably dont need the roof shade - its a very dark tint and cool in the sun
Definitely need windscreen shade and window tinting (including the rear glass where the roof glass tinting ends)
Definitely need storage boxes to make sense of the centre storage consoles

“Worth the wait”, it is.

Congratulations.

Quick Question do you have the ability still to sign up to the EAP trial?

Is there an “official” statement somewhere about cars coming with the UMC at the moment? I see mention of it on forums and FB, but nothing on the Tesla website.
I did order the Wall Connector with mine, however there appears to have been some sort of clarification from the ATO that they can’t be bundled with a salary sacrificed car.

How long before pick up will I be able to view the registration or plate number on the Service NSW app? I've got pick up this Friday 😃
I got a pickup this Friday as well. I was told that the rego would be done today but just checked and not in the Service NSW app/Registrations yet. On a side note I am surprised how many have already picked up theirs from Alexandria yet order date was months after ours! Not complaining ..just curious observation. Excited ours is finally ready for pick up.. more than 9 Months ..the wait is over!

Reactions: Dilepa and Ryanjava
Is there an “official” statement somewhere about cars coming with the UMC at the moment? I see mention of it on forums and FB, but nothing on the Tesla website.
I did order the Wall Connector with mine, however there appears to have been some sort of clarification from the ATO that they can’t be bundled with a salary sacrificed car.
I have not seen anything official. I have not seen the ATO clarification either but mine came with the UMC. I’m also on a novated lease

There's nothing Official from Tesla regarding the UMC inclusion for Q1 deliveries, just what people have been told from SA's

Wall chargers can't be bundled
1675297191974.png

I don't know about official statement, but I did contact Tesla support a couple of weeks ago because I live out in Western Sydney and charging options are pretty limited. This is what the customer support responded in verbatim:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Support.

Due to temporary supply constraints, the UMC is not currently available to purchase on shop.tesla.com. And hence until supply improves, we have secured a complimentary UMC to be included with vehicles from factory for Q1 Deliveries.

After an 11 month wait and a fair amount of whining from me, I also picked up my Nov 22 built Vanilla RWD delivery earlier this week.

My delivery prep: new 15A socket installed in garage, insurance sorted (NRMA was best for me), final payment 3 days prior (allow time to rego etc), recall my Spotify log in.

Collect: 5 or so of us picking up at same time slot, stacks of 3s in the shed, not at all rushed, SA happy to answer any big or small question, no obvious quality issues, UMC in boot, Michelins on, USS on the bumpers, mats in, 90%+ charge (I did politely pre-request), phone connected…. less than an hour and off we went.

The drive: I describe it as effortless, like steering from a comfy lounge chair - it just seems to coast with ease. Your choice to cruise or to flog it, but so far, I can see the direct correlation to conservative driving = battery % conservation (obvious, but I was scratching my head early on how quick the battery seemed to drain and I think I still have some efficiency tactics to learn). Just love the traffic/green light change notification chime.

Single pedal driving, stalk gear shift, no hand brake and centre positioned display/speedo have each been a way easier transition than I expected. Enjoying all, and don’t think I would invest in any HUD. Travelling with just a phone as key, digital wallet and licence is nice. Even with black interior, it feels spacious with great visibility. For me, the RWD seems to have plenty of power and the audio system is brilliant so the higher priced variants must be sensational.

Things I may miss: Apple CarPlay with Google Maps, and blind spot indicators on mirrors, but they are not showstoppers. The Tesla nav, maps and traffic do not blow me away, so I am TBC on Premium Connectivity after the trial finishes. To me the obvious miss is 3D / Birds Eye camera view - it would be such a great enhancement if possible.

Autopilot calibration seemed to take forever (140km), but all initial driving was in built-up areas. It finally completed once I found some long 3-lane stretches. Re: home charging, the 15A tail kicked-in to full swing (vs an initial 12A) after a second test charge. Reading earlier posts, likely firmware related.

Things I need to sort/understand more in time: sentry, charging tracking, DAB favorites, cabin pre-cooling (I did it once from home and walked out to find the motor sounding like it wanted to take off), and of course, removal of the old Energy label. There is a stack of details to get your head around if you want to go deep in data, settings etc, or just charge and go have fun. I thought I had watched enough YouTube videos over 2022, but I still have lots to master. Pleased I pre-purchased the console tray, all weather mats, silicon cup holder, bag hook and performance pedal covers (all from eBay).

Worth the nearly one year wait? Not 100% sure just yet TBH. I am still perplexed over the whole odd saga, and Tesla never gave a crumpet (yes, just get over it and fill in the survey). However, I think I made a good choice sticking it out - it is a super comfortable, unique, fun drive and overall terrific value for what you get. Maybe the test will be my thoughts in few months from now, but as many have said prior, these EV's are only going to get better and ICE makers need to pivot and excel with speed.

Thanks to all Forum contributors for both the banter and the useful insights… especially to those who have slogged it out since Q1 2022 and only collected in the last month or so. Safe travels, enjoy, and I do hope those awaiting wait way less than me. Time to buy some mud flaps and claim a NSW rebate!

We got EXE as well. Must have just missed out on the EV's as what we were hoping for too. At least if we want to make a program to go somewhere.. we already have an EXE. Lame I know ..but got to look on the bright side...
G'day @Gogogav, @TE5L4 - If you or any Sydney-based folks are not that happy with your plate allocation and would consider an XX-11-ZZ custom with EV theme I picked & purchased but am looking to move on/no longer want, feel free to send a DM to me and I can share some details/costs/process. I was going to sell it on Mr Plates or something, but would rather it go to a local TMC member. Hi Mod, pls remove if message not permitted. TY

Last edited:
Well, we finally picked up the car. Melbourne
Order date: 16 March 2022.
The whole process was a shambles. After multiple delivery date windows, i had 17th Feb to 4th March. I then received the text late on the 24th Jan to schedule pickup. Imagine trying to get the finance company to settle within 1 day (public holiday the next day) and payment needs to be 48hrs prior to pickup for the weekend. So, nope, didn't happen. 7 day pickup window finished today, so just made it. But, i was $20 short as the plate fee went up last week, so had to pay by credit card on the day. In the end i was up to 7 final invoices, 4 registration documents and one hell of a head ache.
The actual pick went well, took about 1 hour for pickup. Very friendly and helpful - answered all my stupid questions with a smile. They did have to reset the car as the car blue tooth was not working.
Overall it has been a long and frustrating process. Hope i can get over it soon and enjoy the car.

I'm applying for the NSW EV rebate online and it's asking for these things. Can I apply now with my plate number or do I need to wait until I receive the car to get this information?
  • Copy of the New South Wales Certificate of Registration showing the stamp duty amount paid
  • Copy of the proof of registration entitlement
  • Copy of the applicant, or business representative's current and valid New South Wales Driver licence