Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
***FINANCE*** (More relevant for anyone in the ACT)

I spoke with my Financial Advisor about salary sacrifice and unfortunately, my company is only tied to 1 provider who was offering me a 9.89% interest rate on my quote and a few extra hidden fees and charges I wasn't happy with (notably huge exit fee's if I paid it out early/potentially left my employer and couldn't carry it across to another).

Nevertheless, for those of us blessed to live in God's Country (ACT) I just applied and was approved instantly for the $15k ACT sustainable homes scheme (Sustainable Household Scheme), whereby the ACT Gov lends residents up to $15k for 'free' (0% interest, $0 fees) for the purchase of BEV's / solar / home battery packs etc.

I ended up deciding to go with the ACT Gov loan and trade-in/cash to fund this new purchase... The offset account will thank me later.

(Goes without saying, do your own research and ensure it's right for you if you decide to go with it!)

• Love
Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
TOCA put something on facebook today or yesterday about having a Highland viewing for members at Tesla in Fortitude Valley on 24 November - so the Highlands are either here or about to arrive imminently.
I booked to test drive a Model 3 at Fortitude Valley Tesla next Friday yesterday. I wonder if I can snag a new Model 3 😁
Where do you run that code again? I've forgotten where it is. You need to be logged into your Tesla account, don't you.

I spoke with my Financial Advisor about salary sacrifice and unfortunately, my company is only tied to 1 provider who was offering me a 9.89% interest rate on my quote and a few extra hidden fees and charges I wasn't happy with (notably huge exit fee's if I paid it out early/potentially left my employer and couldn't carry it across to another).

Nevertheless, for those of us blessed to live in God's Country (ACT) I just applied and was approved instantly for the $15k ACT sustainable homes scheme (Sustainable Household Scheme), whereby the ACT Gov lends residents up to $15k for 'free' (0% interest, $0 fees) for the purchase of BEV's / solar / home battery packs etc.

I ended up deciding to go with the ACT Gov loan and trade-in/cash to fund this new purchase... The offset account will thank me later.

(Goes without saying, do your own research and ensure it's right for you if you decide to go with it!)
And has anyone tried to negotiate their interest rate on the Novated Lease? My provider (Reserve) is quoting 11.x% and I was wondering if I can get my own finance and have Remserv manage the novated lease only.

Yeah my employer pretty much insists that you only use the one novated company. You can try and organise it through someone else but they put so many hurdles in there it creates a lot of work to maintain. Even to just change the finance side of it makes huge complications. I shopped around and the rate I got was on par with everyone else (low 8’s) and only a credit union was slightly cheaper but not worth the hassle.
I wonder if the interest rates are different for BEV or ice vehicle novations?
I think it’s just this crappy financial gouging world we live in..

Reactions: DougalVizsla
Nice, let us know!, though I suspect given that they are saying these are exclusive previews they might not be available for test drives until Saturday.

Fingers crossed for you though!
Just flicking back thru photos of past demo cars not many have rego plates on (just the model 3 plate). Don’t know if that is relevant
Edit : although Singapore had different cars with plates

And has anyone tried to negotiate their interest rate on the Novated Lease? My provider (Reserve) is quoting 11.x% and I was wondering if I can get my own finance and have Remserv manage the novated lease only.
I asked if there was wiggle room and was told no.. the most they could do was waive the $19/month 'maintenance admin fee' for servicing and fuel cards... bit of a waste.

Is it just me or does the sound of excessively noisey exhausts on cars seem unnecessary haha. Tesla waiting thought #573
I sat in a mate's BYD Atto 3 today, when I got out it was making a right racket. Really loud fan noises coming from the bonnet. It reminded me of the noise my old Macbook would make when I had 200 tabs of po technical drawings open at the same time. Apparently that is it's pedestrian warning noise.... Was very loud.

Reactions: dronus
The Atto 3 is actually a nice car, love the white colour they have. What really impressed me though was the acceleration. It was fast from a start. When I got back home I check the specs, 0-100 7.3s. Now that made me excited....

I have never driven a Tesla, I have never seen the point of test drives tbh. So I wasn't really sure what to expect.

Reactions: dronus
Reactions: DougalVizsla
The Atto 3 is actually a nice car, love the white colour they have. What really impressed me though was the acceleration. It was fast from a start. When I got back home I check the specs, 0-100 7.3s. Now that made me excited....

I have never driven a Tesla, I have never seen the point of test drives tbh. So I wasn't really sure what to expect.
If you liked the BYD you’ll love the Tesla.

I wasn’t a fan of the atto3 I looked at and imo they haven’t aged well unlike model 3 which look timeless..

I saw a model S on the way home from the gym tonight, a red one with a distinctive number plate. Gave him a wave but then realised I was still in my ice car haha

• Funny
Reactions: AngryLitig8r
Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 07.54.19.png