Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Melbourne: 8th Dec
Port Kembla: 17th Dec
Brisbane: 20th Dec
That's why I am not onboard with the whole Morning Crystal thing, yes for Melbourne cars - i think they definitely will be on that ship. But the 9 day gap between Melbourne and PK doesn't make much sense if the boat is going to be full of cars. That's why I was hoping that they would split the delivery between the two boats.

And surely our EDD would start saying Dec 23 - XXX 24. Morning Crystal just lines up well with an EDD of Jan - Mar 24.

Unload the ship, possibly get a few deliveries in before Christmas and what’s left over in the new year.

From everything I have read there is at least two weeks between ship unloading and cars being delivered. So I would imagine most cars on Don Juan would still be Jan 24 delivery, no?

Reactions: dronus
That's why I am not onboard with the whole Morning Crystal thing, yes for Melbourne cars - i think they definitely will be on that ship. But the 9 day gap between Melbourne and PK doesn't make much sense if the boat is going to be full of cars. That's why I was hoping that they would split the delivery between the two boats.
You could be onto something..

From everything I have read there is at least two weeks between ship unloading and cars being delivered. So I would imagine most cars on Don Juan would still be Jan 24 delivery, no?
Ah I wasn’t sure how long it takes to unload a ship, do paperwork and deliver said vehicles. Was banking on 1-2 weeks.. Without adding in any *possible delays due to the recent cyber incidents at DP World ports around Australia.

*Melbourne and Adelaide, unless it’s coming from Perth, then it’s Adelaide, Melbourne, then who cares.. haha

Looks very promising that we will have an early -mid Jan new year gift🫨

Btw I have been quoted for $1375-$1420 supply and installation for a single phase 32A wall connector - does anyone know if the price is fair? Location is in Canberra.

I wonder if I should go ahead and have it installed before Christmas… or should I wait until delivery is confirmed.

Looks very promising that we will have an early -mid Jan new year gift🫨

Btw I have been quoted for $1375-$1420 supply and installation for a single phase 32A wall connector - does anyone know if the price is fair? Location is in Canberra.

I wonder if I should go ahead and have it installed before Christmas… or should I wait until delivery is confirmed.
Most electricians are on holidays enjoying their 4wds and jet skis at their holiday houses over Xmas so something to plan for :)

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000
I would say you can't track it anymore, not without satellite tracking and all the tracking sites charge extra for that. I think position updates become available whenever it is near land. Supposed to be arriving in Taiwan today I think.
Shipfix seems to supply the satellite track for free.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Well, I am going to be a even worse of a pessimist because I'm going to guess Viking Passama - please don' t throw things at me.
Passama is my worst case, but given we have demo cars arriving in the next week, I think it's highly likely that they are producing the cars for orders right behind them, so I'm pretty sold on Viking Paglia/Morning Crystal as being both full of M3's.

That seems good - the Tesla HPWC itself is half of that.

I'd get it done now if it were me.
I agree. Just go for it

IMG_7117.jpeg