Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks very promising that we will have an early -mid Jan new year gift🫨

Btw I have been quoted for $1375-$1420 supply and installation for a single phase 32A wall connector - does anyone know if the price is fair? Location is in Canberra.

I wonder if I should go ahead and have it installed before Christmas… or should I wait until delivery is confirmed.
That price is similar to the cost of my install. I bought the Tesla charger and had a single phase 32Amp connection installation too. $750 for the wall charger and $650 for install. I have seen/heard people with less expensive install than mine but I am happy.

Reactions: dronus
Apologies for another one, but is anyone really bored of seeing this car yet? I’m certainly not bored of seeing more of the Ultra Red, and again another one that is restoring my faith. It looks so gorgeous underneath the tree I am emailing the council now to ask them to plant a huge tree outside my house.

This time a RWD one. Nice review actually.

I wonder if that line changes from “booked” to “something” when the car goes into production or if that only changed one a vin is assigned
I can’t quite remember what it did last time but don’t think really changed until it was delivered but I’m probably wrong. This the API data showing my current car and the new one for your viewing pleasure. The interesting thing for me is that I have a referral code in mine, that didn’t enter. (Yep, I replaced some things with X’s)

{"code":200,"data":{"countryCode":"AU","vehicleList":

[{"year":"2022","model":"m3","vin":"LRW3F7FRXNC61XXXX","rn":"RN1164XXXXX","countryCode":"AU","imageUrl":"https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...40B,$MT322,$CPF1,$DRRH,$RSF1,$CW03&bkba_opt=1","orderStatus":"DELIVERED","orderSubstatus":"_Z","isFoundersSeries":false,"isDeliveredOrPostDelivered":true,"isPaymentPending":false,"isReferralWinner":false,"isProfileDeprecated":false,"isCoowner":false,"esignStatus":null,"isCommercialCaptive":false,"reservationDate":null},

{"year":"","model":"m3","vin":"","rn":"RN1199XXXXX","countryCode":"AU","imageUrl":"https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...C04,$MDL3,$W38A,$MT351,$CPF0,$DRRH&bkba_opt=1","orderStatus":"BOOKED","orderSubstatus":"_Z","isFoundersSeries":false,"isDeliveredOrPostDelivered":false,"isPaymentPending":false,"isReferralWinner":false,"isProfileDeprecated":false,"isCoowner":false,"esignStatus":null,"isCommercialCaptive":false,"reservationDate":null}],"enterpriseOrderList":[],"energyProductList":[],"chargingNotification":false,"coownerNotification":false,"referralCode":"peter93XXXX","showUpgradesFlag":false,"enterpriseDriverOrders":[]},"message":"success","success":true}

That price is similar to the cost of my install. I bought the Tesla charger and had a single phase 32Amp connection installation too. $750 for the wall charger and $650 for install. I have seen/heard people with less expensive install than mine but I am happy.
Yeah I paid the $750 for the charger, the elcb was maybe $40 and 15m of 6mm tpi was maybe $50 I can’t remember. P&R will sell it off the roll if you need it, I got lucky as they had a roll open and were happy to cut 15m for me. The isolator was surprisingly cheap, maybe $50 for a good quality Clipsal unit.
The price above is pretty good considering the labour of installing, which can have its “challenges” haha

I can’t quite remember what it did last time but don’t think really changed until it was delivered but I’m probably wrong. This the API data showing my current car and the new one for your viewing pleasure. The interesting thing for me is that I have a referral code in mine, that didn’t enter. (Yep, I replaced some things with X’s)

{"code":200,"data":{"countryCode":"AU","vehicleList":

[{"year":"2022","model":"m3","vin":"LRW3F7FRXNC61XXXX","rn":"RN1164XXXXX","countryCode":"AU","imageUrl":"https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...40B,$MT322,$CPF1,$DRRH,$RSF1,$CW03&bkba_opt=1","orderStatus":"DELIVERED","orderSubstatus":"_Z","isFoundersSeries":false,"isDeliveredOrPostDelivered":true,"isPaymentPending":false,"isReferralWinner":false,"isProfileDeprecated":false,"isCoowner":false,"esignStatus":null,"isCommercialCaptive":false,"reservationDate":null},

{"year":"","model":"m3","vin":"","rn":"RN1199XXXXX","countryCode":"AU","imageUrl":"https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...C04,$MDL3,$W38A,$MT351,$CPF0,$DRRH&bkba_opt=1","orderStatus":"BOOKED","orderSubstatus":"_Z","isFoundersSeries":false,"isDeliveredOrPostDelivered":false,"isPaymentPending":false,"isReferralWinner":false,"isProfileDeprecated":false,"isCoowner":false,"esignStatus":null,"isCommercialCaptive":false,"reservationDate":null}],"enterpriseOrderList":[],"energyProductList":[],"chargingNotification":false,"coownerNotification":false,"referralCode":"peter93XXXX","showUpgradesFlag":false,"enterpriseDriverOrders":[]},"message":"success","success":true}
When that vin shows up I’m going to have to go for a run around the block I think

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000
Although not seen in person, the white does look nice but, I opted for black because I'm concerned with the colour of clothes (especially new jeans) transferring to the upholstery.

I don't want to see a blue or black imprint of my legs, ar$e and balls on the drivers seat .
If you like white, order it and don't worry about staining. I have a Model S with creme leather and new jeans do leave a slight mark, but it cleans off with a wet cloth or just any good upholstery shampoo if you leave it for a long time.
Since I applied leather conditioner it is more resistant to jeans staining.
The only reason I would avoid it is if you have young kids and you don't fancy cleaning under their booster seats on a regular basis.

Apologies for another one, but is anyone really bored of seeing this car yet? I’m certainly not bored of seeing more of the Ultra Red, and again another one that is restoring my faith. It looks so gorgeous underneath the tree I am emailing the council now to ask them to plant a huge tree outside my house.

This time a RWD one. Nice review actually.

Just photoshop the tree and your car. Heaps less effort cleaning up.

I’d like to see more rwd stealth grey /black reviews, and all the other colours, they will start showing up soon.

In the other video he was driving on autopilot on the highway, he indicates and the car changes lane by itself! Will ours do that?
Also, his point about - if you are using navigation it could be a software update to automatically turn on the indicators to enter and exit roundabouts would be pretty cool.

Last edited:
If you like white, order it and don't worry about staining. I have a Model S with creme leather and new jeans do leave a slight mark, but it cleans off with a wet cloth or just any good upholstery shampoo if you leave it for a long time.
Since I applied leather conditioner it is more resistant to jeans staining.
The only reason I would avoid it is if you have young kids and you don't fancy cleaning under their booster seats on a regular basis.
I’d value your thoughts on how the new seats might fare up with the holes in them for ventilation? With white seats could crud and pubes be more noticeable?

• Funny
Reactions: edy80y
I’d value your thoughts on how the new seats might fare up with the holes in them for ventilation? With white seats could crud and pubes be more noticeable?
My Model S does not have ventilated seats, but I've seen a few cars with this feature and can't say I've seen this as a problem that couldn't be solved by a good vacuum followed by a wipe with a damp cloth.

My Model S does not have ventilated seats, but I've seen a few cars with this feature and can't say I've seen this as a problem that couldn't be solved by a good vacuum followed by a wipe with a damp cloth.
Thanks. Just like most seats I guess. Most reviews are commenting very positively about the quality of the new seats.

Side point, I saw a model S the other day, holy Dooley they look insane!

Reactions: meloccom
Joined the waiting club, trading in a 2023 M3

Attachments

• IMG_0154.png
    IMG_0154.png
    659.3 KB · Views: 36
That requires the $5k EAP option (you can add it any time after purchase through the app).
Actually that’s not quite true, I think. At least I have that feature in my current Mitsubishi and I have heard nothing to suggest it is a setting that won’t carry through to the Tesla, when it arrives.

If I am indicating and even am slightly slow moving into the correct lane, Mrs Murphy screams quite loud, like Yoko, grabs the wheel and puts me into the lane correctly.

That doesn’t cost me $5k btw, oh God no. It costs me much more than that.