Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s pretty awesome. Run the house and charge the car for free from the sun and make a little extra coin when there is excess
That is the plan. Zero grid usage for the last three months. Average $100 per month in 'credit'. Won't be as good as that over summer (I expect) - but I still reckon payback for the system will be around 6 years (financial) not to mention the tonnes of carbon dioxide not emitted.

1702018279156.png

I know someone who can get free diesel from work, as much as I need apparently. Downside is that it is available only once a fortnight, at 3am and I have to wear a mask when collecting it. Upside is that I am charging my Tesla for nothing and benefiting from driving a car powered by electricity and not polluting, and expensive, petrol. So cool.

That Fronius Wattpilot is awesome. I think if you have a Tesla Powerwall, it might do something similar. Would be good it Tesla sent out an update to the Wall Connector and gave it those capabilities by itself.

But I will check in-car once I get it to look at charge rates there.
I don’t have any solar yet, but I did get a pretty good quote from RAA but I don’t know too much about how it all works
Let me clarify, I know how solar works, but getting all the right gear will take a little learning curve :)

Just an electrical storm in CBR causing blackouts, would be nice to be sitting in my Tesla giving zero ****s….
We have had a few days of random heat and storms here so that probably heading your way still.
I have a petrol generator too, I should check it’s output to see if it could charge the car if we had a long blackout.. would probably need a lot of fuel haha

Well Viking Paglia is docked in PK, also Morning Crystal is on it's way in to MEL, I think both are long shots, but fingers crossed we may get a surprise from one or both of them.

Otherwise Don Juan seems to be well on schedule to dock next week, will be interesting to see if it goes to South Port or not (not that this really matters, could be thousands of M3's also sitting at the main Shanghai port (North). I'm very confident this will be carrying Model 3's)