Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the “Your model 3 is arriving soon” email is just an automated reminder or if it means closer to booking in a delivery date
Depend on the DC, it could be weeks away. But do make sure you have the NL or finance ready to go anytime.
Usually when they asked you to book a delivery date, it is the next 7 days. And you have to settle the final payment 48 hours before pick up. My NL provider took 7 days to get the payment approved and transferred.

Reactions: Koalified

Brought him home today. Tucked in and munching away on some free solar electrons.

1708584526720.jpeg

Those with sharp eyes will recognise that Pingu is parked next to a BYD house battery.

"Some financiers have recently been experiencing settlement delays" in this clowny email looks even more pathetic, taking into account that the only thing in the whole process which worked reasonably well up to now is the NL company. I'm wondering what the Tesla service is like now...

Anyone have any recommendations with insurance?
30 year old male driver. No previous claims/cancellations.

Was quoted $3500 per year which is bazaar in comparison to my MY21 Subaru XV of $750.00 per year
AAMI had by far the best premium, around $1400 for me. Add a woman as one of the drivers if you can. Don't bother getting a quote with Youi, they wouldn't show the quote on their website, instead they tricked me by asking my phone number to send a "confirmation PIN" - actually it was so they could hound me with calls for the next couple of days until I blocked the number.

• Informative
Reactions: airly
"Some financiers have recently been experiencing settlement delays" in this clowny email looks even more pathetic, taking into account that the only thing in the whole process which worked reasonably well up to now is the NL company. I'm wondering what the Tesla service is like now...
After getting a slightly earlier delivery window (Mar 1 - Apr 6) and the email today, I thought I'd let my NL company know that things might start happening and to find out realistic timeframes from them. It seems like 7 day turn around is a bit of squeeze for them, and they want to see all documentation lined up asap.
So insurance now sorted to start 28/2 and ceramic coating place to send invoice directly to them too to pass onto to finance company. NL is trying to package both insurance and ceramic coating/tinting altogether upfront.
Will keep you updated on how long things take.

Reactions: dronus and bsbh
After getting a slightly earlier delivery window (Mar 1 - Apr 6) and the email today, I thought I'd let my NL company know that things might start happening and to find out realistic timeframes from them. It seems like 7 day turn around is a bit of squeeze for them, and they want to see all documentation lined up asap.
So insurance now sorted to start 28/2 and ceramic coating place to send invoice directly to them too to pass onto to finance company. NL is trying to package both insurance and ceramic coating/tinting altogether upfront.
Will keep you updated on how long things take.
SGfleet told me they want to have 4 days and keep asking me when is the delivery, like I frickin know with these tesla spammers.

• Funny
Reactions: airly
No idea, i purposely bought a car that was already available/in inventory so it was already at the port
This was a very smart move man ... good on you.
One of the member (a few pages back) ordered in late Jan and got his/her car delivered before us. I am pretty sure he/she also got the inventory car too.
(I was looking at that car also, but don't like the Nova wheel!)

Just got a call from Tesla to book in delivery for next week at Mulgrave.
I hope all of you that are being impacted by the delay will receive a call from Tesla soon.
They have mentioned that there are at least a few days of backlog. I believe the people that are impacted by this delay can be at least 200-300. (assuming 90 cars per day)
I am not setting my hope high, since it might get cancelled again and rescheduled. (it happened to me three times already)

Good luck all.

P.S. Tesla Mulgrave is definitely in damage control and they really don't have experience in dealing with this sort of special situation and to manage customer expectation. They didn't explain in detail on what happened, but they did mention a few things.
- they were out of power for a day or so, even the staff can't get into the delivery centre
- the delivery trucks were not able to deliver the cars to the delivery centre for a day or so
- the delivery had resumed since (but they didn't mention why the people that got impacted by the delay wasn't being prioritised for delivery)
i also received a call from Tesla for delivery next week. Fingers cross we're going to finally get our vehicles

There are no/almost no LR in inventory, and it is like this for a week already. Where are all these cars? Hail damaged in Melbourne?
I reckon it just got snapped up by the people that still waiting. Although Mulgrave might not be able to deliver the vehicle immediately, but surely it will be quicker than any car that just arrived by vessel. Tesla is happy to allocate the inventory stock to you if it is the same spec.
(it is interesting how the system works tho, Tesla won't proactively do it for you, they will just do it if you request.)