Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can cope with a delay. Especially if it increases possibility of Ryzen, double pane rear windows, Li-Ion 12V, etc. In fact I'd prefer it.....

... so long as it doesn't affect my Corporate Program eligibility (it said must be delivered by 31 March, and I ordered in good faith 15 weeks before that date, when delivery time was listed as 8-12 weeks).

Others here have been told that their eligibility won't be affected by delays on Teslas end, so it sounds like it shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: DAL333
Just spoke to my rep. He said they were notified they won't be getting as many orders this quarter as expected and that my order is one of the affected delays, and will only arrive from March onwards. I don't know if this is accurate and will affect others or was just his way of setting an low expectation in order to avoid disappointment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That sucks.... I wonder if that is model specific. I imagine they are pumping out more RWD than LR and P. but either way i hope hes setting the low expectation and you get it sooner.

Just spoke to my Tesla Rep and was told that they are planning for deliveries in Feb 22. Was also told that once my Model 3 is in transit to oz and processed, I should have a VIN assigned which will likely be closer to the end of this month. Fingers crossed that we will get no delays!

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
I just got the VicRoads registration form SMSed to me. I ordered on the 24th of December and it said 14-20 weeks from order (RWD, white/white, aeros). Does this mean it's coming soon?

Unfortunately not. The rego forms can be signed well in advance and probably just means they were getting your paperwork out of the way.

Hopefully you get someone cancel their order and you can take that one though to speed things up for you.

Unfortunately not. The rego forms can be signed well in advance and probably just means they were getting your paperwork out of the way.

Hopefully you get someone cancel their order and you can take that one though to speed things up for you.
Damn! That's all good, I wasn't expecting to receive the car for a long time anyway. More chance of new features in the car by waiting anyway

I just got the VicRoads registration form SMSed to me. I ordered on the 24th of December and it said 14-20 weeks from order (RWD, white/white, aeros). Does this mean it's coming soon?
We did our VicRoads authority paperwork about a month ago. Not an indication of impending delivery. The forms are valid 12 months.

That said we got the call today that we are one of the first deliveries in the next shipment (ordered 6/11) and just like others above, been told we will get more information once vehicle assigned in coming weeks.

I was advised today that I should receive VIN in the next couple of weeks. Not that it sounded like an overly ‘educated’ statement. But here’s hoping! My trade-in’s km are slowly racking up close to the estimated figure I gave and don’t want a drop in value.
I don’t know about you, but I did a car sales instant offer and it was several thousands higher than teslas figure.

Reactions: rgc1990
I also got called today from my SA advising late Feb early March.
I ordered the RWD in early November in Melbourne.
He had no idea about the odds of getting new processor. But whatever I just want the car now haha
Was told the VIN and invoice would be sent in next 2 weeks or so...