Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean? What are the different timelines?
I would have thought they make all types of M3 and ship them together, is this assumption incorrect?
Just curious as I ordered LR mid-March. May explain why it never changes from 6-9 months from OD.
The comment was based on recent confirmed VIN's in this thread. Pure speculation on my part, but it could be the fact that the battery chemistry (NCA) of those cars are different and harder to come by right now therefore they are taking longer.

All types of M3's will ship together, however, for example, the ship that just came in last week had LR/P orders from November on it along with my RWD ordered in January. LR/P went to east coast. The gap doesn't seem big but Perth isn't exactly a priority for car deliveries and I consider my allocation to be extremely lucky. Interesting how the other confirmed cars above are also blue.

Who knows, Tesla ramping up their factories could eliminate this delivery pattern entirely in the near future for Australia. Just going off recent data.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean? What are the different timelines?
I would have thought they make all types of M3 and ship them together, is this assumption incorrect?
Just curious as I ordered LR mid-March. May explain why it never changes from 6-9 months from OD.
It is incorrect, Tesla have to date built in batches. Prior to the waiting list blowing out at the end of last year, in Q4 they would forward guesstimate the number of different models and spec configurations required. So when they got flooded with a far higher percentage of LR and P orders in Q1, they fell short and have been playing catch up ever since.

Don't pay too much attention to the estimated delivery date. Right now you're next major milestone in getting your car is getting an assigned VIN, that means that a car that exists has been assigned to you. Things get real from there.

Based on your mid-March order and 6-9 month EDD, the assigned VIN could possibly occur around mid-October for you if everything falls in line. (take my guess with a pinch of salt, nothing can be confirmed without a VIN).

Thanks for your replies, I have learnt a lot from this forum since joining but still seem to have so much to learn. So kudos to all for all your comments.

Does the vin get updated in the app/email or does my SA inform when it is known?

October feels way too far away... 😭

Thanks for your replies, I have learnt a lot from this forum since joining but still seem to have so much to learn. So kudos to all for all your comments.

Does the vin get updated in the app/email or does my SA inform when it is known?

October feels way too far away... 😭
You'll definitely know you've got a VIN when they send you the invoice.

A lot of people install the Chrome extension for finding your Tesla VIN, or you can manually do it : How to reveal your Tesla VIN number before it's in your account

Got my delivery schedule call earlier this morning, picking up Friday.

It's been a long wait, when I ordered EDD was at 8-12 weeks. But then it blew out, and a lock down, and whatever... But for everyone without a VIN, just chill out. There's no point worrying why others have theirs and you don't... when its your turn, you will get a VIN, and things start happening. Till then, just relax, and don't try to guess how the machine works... The SA's have zero clue when your car is coming... zero. This is unfortunate, but this is how the system works, they are in the dark, and you are better off not engaging them, as they will give you false hope. After you get your VIN, and you're paid up, guess what.... the SA's still know nothing about your cars arrival date... until it arrives, and they schedule in your pickup booking. Then they know it's here.

YMMV, but after 6.5 months of watching the system... there are very few employees at Tesla who actually know what is going on, and most of them are likely not even in country.

Got my delivery schedule call earlier this morning, picking up Friday.
i-have-been-chosen-claw.gif

You'll definitely know you've got a VIN when they send you the invoice.

A lot of people install the Chrome extension for finding your Tesla VIN, or you can manually do it : How to reveal your Tesla VIN number before it's in your account
If tesla continues the quarterly pushes ( They have done until Q2), you might get the car in Sept. You can use the API to reveal the VIN - you need to login to your online account first https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders ( Thanks to the linktree TeslaUpdate | Linktree created by one of the members of UK forum )

I have done some sleuthing... The pictures here:

Looks to be taken at the main port of Shanghai where Turandot was. The time aligns. The pic says 10th May at 7:31am (Turandot left on 10th May at 9am).

View attachment 803440

The cranes cannot be Luchao (look at google maps. No cranes). The cranes ARE at the port Turandot was docked at.

View attachment 803445

See image of main dock:

View attachment 803441

And looking from the dock (standing where the forklifts are) you would see lightposts on the left, cranes in front and continuing in a line all the way down the dock, the rear crane overhang aligning with the light posts (of which the shadows on google maps show the same design if you zoom right in - twin, square lights) and a series of smaller roads going off to the left all aligned along the dock the whole way down.

View attachment 803442

Tell me if i am wrong. But this photo sure as hell isn't Luchao, of that i am certain. And this is the one Elon commented on.

View attachment 803449
This one!

Hi everyone,
Does anybody know when is the next estimated Ship arrival for the M3 Deliveries
thanks
Regards
Like all the other jaded cynics,all suffering from "wait a while" burnout, I struggle to remain optimistic. Having said that, Viking Passama left Shanghai yesterday headed directly to Brisbane [arr 25th June] with heavy load on board [ Draught: 9.2 m (max 9.1)] but that might be just a load of forklifts from the frequent Tesla loading dock. yet, I continue to hope that there a a good number of M3s on board.
Morning Crystal also headed to Shanghai for a loadup, and due Brisbane 30th June.
[there are other "all knowing" contributors who will scorn my observations]

• Funny
Reactions: Blaq and Hoopyfrood