Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we displaying our cynicism following recent events maybe?

(Not having a dig...I feel it too)
Aug-Oct is what my EDD says.
Less 2 weeks means the car will arrive earlier but needs to be unloaded, transported, unwrapped, detailed, charged, etc before we get to drive it away.

So in terms of Ship arrival it would put it around Mid July - Mid Oct.
Not really cynicism, just best info that we have today (which is not much really)

And if that is true then the earliest on the schedule would be Morning Clara 2263 and then a window of 3 months or so for us to become shipping experts :)

Just had a look at another thread [2022 Shipping Movements].
It seems that all our complaints about SA lack of communication and lack of knowledge, as well as delays in EDD are replicated in Europe as much as here.
I've seen the jaded commentry about "Tesla /EM don't care about AU" but it seems we're all in the same boat.
EU buyers are just looking at different boats.

Like all the other jaded cynics,all suffering from "wait a while" burnout, I struggle to remain optimistic. Having said that, Viking Passama left Shanghai yesterday headed directly to Brisbane [arr 25th June] with heavy load on board [ Draught: 9.2 m (max 9.1)] but that might be just a load of forklifts from the frequent Tesla loading dock. yet, I continue to hope that there a a good number of M3s on board.
Morning Crystal also headed to Shanghai for a loadup, and due Brisbane 30th June.
[there are other "all knowing" contributors who will scorn my observations]
Thanks ,
Appreciated

I ordered my M3 back in Jan. When they phoned up to tell me they were going to be delayed I got told "you're at the very top of the list, the next shipment we get will have your car in it". Looks like I got lied to 🤓
My mate got his RWD in the last shipment (before the lockdown). Another friend who also ordered RWD a couple of weeks later missed out, and is still waiting like the rest of us.

According to that he's had three batteries replaced under warranty. So I'd guess an average of 375,000km?
I'd imagine that the chemistry would have progressed somewhat since then though.
I just recently sold my Honda CRZ hybrid with 240000km and still full battery. Took me 10 years to get the miles up. My M3 likely to take over 20 years for same miles, so I'm not really concerned about battery life.

Screenshot_20220616-151523_Tesla.jpg