Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Separate models, separate lines, same as any other car manufacturer.
If these Ys hadn't have gone to Australia they would have gone to other markets.

If anything it's more impacted Y buyers in UK, China etc.
Essentially Tesla has reserved some Q3 and Q4 production as though people placed orders back in December or March.

So it's more those who jumped in quickly should see themselves as fortunate.
On different ships to different delivery centres with different staff. All of which are on a finite timeline. We had this debate and i made points speaking to this with a whole woolworths metaphor.

I am speaking respectfully and good moodedly!

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
On different ships to different delivery centres with different staff. All of which are on a finite timeline. We had this debate and i made points speaking to this with a whole woolworths metaphor.

I am speaking respectfully and good moodedly!
Do we know that they are not expanding their resources to accommodate this? Would seem to be poor business to increase the product volume without having resources to handle it. Surely someone has planned for this?

Do we know that they are not expanding their resources to accommodate this? Would seem to be poor business to increase the product volume without having resources to handle it. Surely someone has planned for this?
I mean it is headed up by a guy famous for promising and then not delivering. But i don't know. News is they are cutting salaried staff and increasing hourly. I looked at the Tesla jobs page and there's one delivery based job advertised in Brissy.

You're right though. Possible they could book more ships and surprise us all.

I mean it is headed up by a guy famous for promising and then not delivering. But i don't know. News is they are cutting salaried staff and increasing hourly. I looked at the Tesla jobs page and there's one delivery based job advertised in Brissy.

You're right though. Possible they could book more ships and surprise us all.
I'm wondering if they're planning to change how vehicles are allocated (amongst the RHD markets, I mean) ... but who knows

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
woolworths metaphor.
Depends where the wait is.

Just because I'm waiting for the goodness of Full Cream Milk which is absent from the shelves due to flooding, etc. and others hear that there is a watered down (chubby) Shape Milk which is available (cause some cows drank the flood water and now they are watered down like Shape) doesnt mean they shouldnt pick up their Shape and walk to the check out and pay and leave with it.

I'm still stuck waiting for my goodness, and maybe a little jealous that those that like Shape are able to leave earlier but holding them back doesnt fix things for me.

(perhaps a little horrified that people like Shape and Chubby cars but each to their own)

Just because I'm waiting for the goodness of Full Cream Milk which is absent from the shelves due to flooding, etc. and others hear that there is a watered down (chubby) Shape Milk which is available (cause some cows drank the flood water and now they are watered down like Shape) doesnt mean they shouldnt pick up their Shape and walk to the check out and pay and leave with it.

I'm still stuck waiting for my goodness, and maybe a little jealous that those that like Shape are able to leave earlier but holding them back doesnt fix things for me.

(perhaps a little horrified that people like Shape and Chubby cars but each to their own)
Look, Ormaus. This is an udderly (eh?) amazing response.

But i still believe Tesla do have and have had the ability to produce our cars and didn't on a number of occasions. 2/3 were Tesla's fault and 1/3 was Covid's fault. Let's call it 67% Tesla's fault.

And i think the addition of Y was a strategic blunder. Unless they increase resources.

And we can all agree that the Y is a weird, inflated Model 3 (chubby, yes).

Last edited:
Haven't thought about it too much, honestly.

But, I do wonder why UK vehicles are coming from China rather than Berlin??? Hoping that Berlin will make the UK cars at some point, freeing up some production capacity at Shanghai for us
Berlin doesn't make any RHD. It's full time LHD production. Maybe once they are fully ramped they might start, but I suspect the combined RHD market isn't big enough to have two gigafactories making RHD cars.

Hey, don't hate on the Chubby cars, Ormaus - I can fit a lot of *sugar* inside them!

Look, Ormaus. This is an udderly (eh?) amazing response.

But i still believe Tesla do have and have had the ability to produce our cars and didn't on a number of occasions. 2/3 were Tesla's fault and 1/3 was Covid's fault. Let's call it 67% Tesla's fault.

And i think the addition of Y was a strategic blunder. Unless they increase resources.

So, boys, shall we *moooove on*? 😜 (gotta admit, I found the milk analogies entertaining!)