Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So…how many more Oz-bound RoRo ships are heading here from Shanghai over the next month? I still have a small (but probably irrational) hope of a late September delivery. Maybe. If the stars align…
I still believe there are 4 ships that are would arrive in Australia prior or in September. If they all are holding Tesla's different question. This is the only thing giving me hope and @Vedaprime saying we are far from over with ships to come this Q. I just hope they dont clog the ships with just Y's. Give love to our RWD 3's....

Me too then it changed to Aug to Nov sigh......us peasant RWD people treated poorly. Would've been quicker to wait for model Y release and get it delivered earlier
I did a test drive of the y on Monday. Its bigger, but really didn't like it, it's also noticeably slower for the RWD. The 0.8 seconds difference is quite noticeable.

Don't get why the Y is so popular beyond cargo space.

Reactions: JustinFernleaf
I did a test drive of the y on Monday. Its bigger, but really didn't like it, it's also noticeably slower for the RWD. The 0.8 seconds difference is quite noticeable.

Don't get why the Y is so popular beyond cargo space.
More car.. hepa filter, premium interior, 1.6 T towing capacity, easier entry/exit, roomier rear seat leg and head room, etc, etc but yeah the accelaration of the rwd model y - suffers .. more car to slug around..

I see a lot of newcomers who are unfamiliar with the "Tesla delivery process". I thought I'd document what I've learnt over the last 9 months of waiting. I hope this helps people avoid having to read 700+ pages :)
  1. Customer order is placed
    1. Tesla account and order page are provisioned (your RN number is your order)
    2. SMS received "Hi $PERSON, Welcome to the Tesla Family!"
    3. EDD on the order page shows "6 to 9 months" or some month range "Aug-Nov 2022"
  2. Order is prepped in Tesla systems
    1. SMS: "Tesla Update: Your registration document is now ready to complete"
  3. Tesla builds quarterly, so now you must wait for the next quarterly build
    1. Note: build schedule is decided by Tesla manufacturing planners, inventory is not build-to-order
  4. Every vehicle receives a VIN once it physically exists
    1. SMS: "Tesla Update: Your Final Invoice is now available"
    2. You will now see a final invoice on your order page
  5. VINs are assigned to customer orders (e.g. a VIN is matched to your RN number), this seems to occur while vehicles are waiting to be shipped
    1. SMS: "Tesla Update: A Model 3 has been assigned to your order."
    2. You can now find the VIN in your order page (if it didn't appear already), or the API: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders
  6. Now you wait while the vehicles are shipped to their port of entry
    1. Vedaprime etc. can help with tracking the shipments
    2. EDD is now narrowed down to a date range (e.g. 7-22 September)
  7. Vehicles are unloaded at port of entry, clear customs, and are entered into the RAV database
    1. SMS: "Tesla Update: Your Model 3 delivery is approaching"
    2. You can now find your vehicle by looking up the VIN in the RAV database: Register of Approved Vehicles Search - My ASP.NET Application
  8. Vehicles are scheduled for transport to customer delivery location
    1. EDD may keep adjusting slightly according to transport schedule and other contingencies
    2. Once a firm date exists, you get the final SMS: "Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery!"
    3. For me, it took two business days between the "delivery approaching" and "ready for delivery" messages
  9. Now you use the Tesla link to select a pickup date and time :)

I see a lot of newcomers who are unfamiliar with the "Tesla delivery process". I thought I'd document what I've learnt over the last 9 months of waiting. I hope this helps people avoid having to read 700+ pages :)
    3. EDD on the order page shows "6 to 9 months" or some month range "Aug-Nov 2022"
    1. Note: build schedule is decided by Tesla manufacturing planners, inventory is not build-to-order
  5. VINs are assigned to customer orders (e.g. a VIN is matched to your RN number), this seems to occur while vehicles are waiting to be shipped
    2. You can now find the VIN in your order page (if it didn't appear already), or the API: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders
  7. Vehicles are unloaded at port of entry, clear customs, and are entered into the RAV database
    2. You can now find your vehicle by looking up the VIN in the RAV database: Register of Approved Vehicles Search - My ASP.NET Application
    1. EDD may keep adjusting slightly according to transport schedule and other contingencies
    2. Once a firm date exists, you get the final SMS: "Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery!"
    3. For me, it took two business days between the "delivery approaching" and "ready for delivery" messages
Consider putting this into its own new thread to help others and make it easier to find. There have been a few first impression summaries in this thread that have been great, but lost on anyone who isn't able to scroll through the 10-15 pages of this thread daily.

Great work on providing this info. Hope it helps those beginning their journey.

It does sound like an AA meeting though. (never been to one, just seen it on TV).

--- 9 steps of a Teslaholic ---

Me, nearly cured, am up to step 8.

Step 1 should be: "arrived here on forum, having placed an order for a Tesla". (equivalent to the AA step: stand up and admit your an alcoholic)

I've been thinking about ways to have this type of info up on a wiki-editable style page for our thread. Any ideas?