Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s January! Start keeping an eye out for those hidden VINs. While I love my car and it’s been fun driving around, and wouldn’t give up my early delivery, I kinda miss that I won’t have the full hidden vin / ship tracking experience. Maybe the next car!
I'm watching Morning Clara on vesselfinder and myshiptracking but the position data is 11 days old. I believe the ship is in Shanghai right now about to sail to Brisbane, Port Kembla (for Sydney deliveries?) and then Melbourne. Is there a better way to track ships? If my car is on that ship, when can I expect a hidden VIN to appear in the source code? I'm young and very inexperienced in car hunting / ship tracking (OK, not young, but still inexperienced).

I'm watching Morning Clara on vesselfinder and myshiptracking but the position data is 11 days old. I believe the ship is in Shanghai right now about to sail to Brisbane, Port Kembla (for Sydney deliveries?) and then Melbourne. Is there a better way to track ships? If my car is on that ship, when can I expect a hidden VIN to appear in the source code? I'm young and very inexperienced in car hunting / ship tracking (OK, not young, but still inexperienced).

I've seen some reports in 2021 that varies everywhere from hidden vin showed up when loaded to ship left, and others that say they saw nothing until it was basically here already..

Considering I expect to take delivery of 3x Perf models in Q1 hopefully, we'll soon see if it's just random or not.

Reactions: Tyler_Durden
Morning Clara's location, per marinetraffic.com:
The vessel is currently at port CJK, CN after a voyage of 11 days, 14 hours originating from port MELBOURNE, AU.

This appears to be an anchorage off Shanghai.

Reactions: Tyler_Durden
i have created an extension that will provide more information regarding the order available in the source code, on the order page itself.

download : Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Once the review get approved, it should be on the following link :
Thanks, nice work. Request sent.

i have created an extension that will provide more information regarding the order available in the source code, on the order page itself.

download : Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Once the review get approved, it should be on the following link :
Thanks, just got it installed. Lots of extra info to try and digest.

Hopefully we start to see updates soon on our vehicles as it looks like the assumed ship Morning Clara has docked (or is about to dock) in China MORNING CLARA, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9460887 MMSI 564254000 - VesselFinder .

Out of curiosity, why are we focusing on Morning Clara specifically? I mean makes sense - Shanghai departure, vehicle carrier, Aust destinations… are there likely to be other similar boats doing the same sort of thing in the next few weeks?
A couple of ROROs (Morning Clara, Morning Crystal and Don Juan are the names that come to mind) shuttled back and forth doing the deliveries for the last two quarters so it seems like a good bet for this quarter too. Join @Vedaprime 's service if you want to know for sure which carrier your vehicle gets booked on, though!

Reactions: sdca
I just get a whole blank space. I see the extension wheel start and then where the info should be it is blank. I wonder if it’s because I have a trade in listed.
Maybe the information is still not present on your order, can you try pressing f12 and clicking the console button to see if you are getting any errors.
Also, if everything goes well you should see a table like in the screenshots attached when you scroll down on the order page,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.00.18 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.00.18 am.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.02.02 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.02.02 am.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 56