Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been lurking and decided to join after its past 12 weeks since I ordered.

-LR White/black
-Date ordered 23/11/21
-Alexandria NSW delivery
-Havnt heard a thing and website never said anything until fairly recently when it changed to :

Estimated Delivery: 8-12 weeks from order placed date​

Which has sadly come and gone. Sold my car when I ordered which was clearly a mistake.

-LR White/black
-Date ordered 23/11/21
-Alexandria NSW delivery
-Havnt heard a thing and website never said anything until fairly recently when it changed to :

Which has sadly come and gone. Sold my car when I ordered which was clearly a mistake.
not quite 12 weeks yet
my order and dates are very similar to yours
mid to late March is advice as of yesterday

-LR White/black
-Date ordered 23/11/21
-Alexandria NSW delivery

It is same with me. Probably, it will change to the specific date range within one week.

My Delivery date is 22/3 - 31/3 now.

Good luck 🤞

So, basically, the VINs from the "supposedly" 3rd ship are being assigned now. But the order dates for LR, for as early as 13/11 (from what I can see), is not been assigned VIN yet. And the RWD from a similar date is being delivered next week!

I am outta here. This is frustrating. And coming here regularly to find out I am not being assigned a VIN yet and RWD from Jan/2022 are being assigned a VIN.

(And honestly waiting here doesn't increase my chance of being assigned a VIN, does it?). Was excited till last week hoping I'll get my car in couple more weeks(according to my SA). It seems like the earliest now would be late March :(

M3LR White/Black | OD 19/11 | no VIN yet | Melbourne

Hi,
Ordered mine at the start of the Feb. I am not expecting it anytime soon (I am hoping June?) but thought I put this up to join everyone else. I am just happy I finally made the decision.

I've also bought a home charger (G3). It will be installed sometime next week(?) with a single phase 32Amp connection

Model 3 | Rear Wheel Drive
Blue
Order Date: 01/02/22
Ext. Delivery Date: June'ish 22?

Now, I'll just sit here quietly, waiting.

VIN came through around 3am this morning.
RWD White/black 19", EDD 24-31 march
VIN is 515xx so a new one.

I understand its frustrating waiting for a VIN, but they come in batches. It looks like RWD was done or is being done, so I expect LR/P is next. Join veda for more information, it helps to be in there. I reckon a heap of deliveries will happen end of March. Tesla doesn't care about order date etc and it can be really infuriating watching people who ordered a week ago get a VIN while you sit around for months!

VIN came through around 3am this morning.
RWD White/black 19", EDD 24-31 march
VIN is 515xx so a new one.

I understand its frustrating waiting for a VIN, but they come in batches. It looks like RWD was done or is being done, so I expect LR/P is next. Join veda for more information, it helps to be in there. I reckon a heap of deliveries will happen end of March
Looks like they put 19 wheels for you;)

Most of the P’s got their VIN. And the problem not in batches. We all ordered our cars when it was 8-12 weeks. So RWD are getting the cars and LR not. The earliest now is end of March. This would be 18 weeks for me.

Updating here with my hidden VIN for reference:

Model 3 RWD
Ext: White 18"
Int: Black
OD: 24.12.2021
VIN: LRW3F7FS3NCxxxxxx (Assigned on Feb 9th)
EDD: March 23-31 (Alexandria)

Image 510.png

Most of the P’s got their VIN. And the problem not in batches. We all ordered our cars when it was 8-12 weeks. So RWD are getting the cars and LR not. The earliest now is end of March. This would be 18 weeks for me.
Not really Dan- I have LR Midnight Silver and black interior ordered about the same time as yours with VIN, invoice, and confirmation it was on the Midas with delivery in Brisbane unofficially sometime next week.

I think the problem all along has been orders versus supply and NOT SURE, but maybe also allocation at different Tesla centers.

Reactions: karlos22

Yeah unfortunately the EDD timeframe means jack sh*t. It has been a frustrating experience but I think just assume you will get the car end of March.

Does paying the final invoice once a delivery date has been scheduled sound reasonable, or is it better to do it prior?
Have adjusted my payment limit, so I can do it in one go.
Here in Canberra, I was unable to do that last Nov when my car was ready. The car was ready but they wouldn't bring it to Canberra and lock in a delivery date until I'd paid the final invoice. We didn't have a Tesla shop at that point and they were using a 3rd party freight company. Possibly that was the reason.

Once you have been assigned a VIN you will get the final invoice fairly soon. For me, it's maybe a 2-3 week wait from invoice to the latest EDD they've given. I just paid for it so I didn't have to worry and had time to clear up any issues if something went wrong.