Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just noticed in the emails with the invoicing team, this little nugget in the sig block. so they really do just give your vin to someone else and its even policy

"Please note that due to the high volume of Tesla orders, cleared funds are required and the vehicle delivered within 1 week of arrival at our Delivery Centre. If delivery is not possible within the required 1 week, the VIN will be unmatched and matched to the next available customer ready for delivery. Your order will then be re-matched from our next arrivals."
This is interesting, when I asked the sales rep this morning about planning a possible delivery in April 2023 by ordering now, she mentioned it is not possible at this time and asked to order early Q4 for delivery in April 2023.

I did ask her , can I order now and when the car is allocated in Q3 2022, can I defer to next shipment, she mentioned I will loose my $350 deposit.

This is interesting, when I asked the sales rep this morning about planning a possible delivery in April 2023 by ordering now, she mentioned it is not possible at this time and asked to order early Q4 for delivery in April 2023.

I did ask her , can I order now and when the car is allocated in Q3 2022, can I defer to next shipment, she mentioned I will loose my $350 deposit.
I suppose it would be a gamble but you could order then not be available for pick up causing you to get reassigned to another vehicle but who knows if it'll pan out that way

A177A7A9-74DF-44A9-8377-45D6A969ADF9.jpeg

Morning Clara getting close! Cant wait

I ordered this one that's currently on sale - The code on the Tesla tom/Toms ludicrous feed didnt stack unfortunately :(
But for 5m and 22kw.

No membership required ;)
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but doesn't the car come with a charging cable? And don't public chargers have a cable hard-wired in?

I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but doesn't the car come with a charging cable? And don't public chargers have a cable hard-wired in?
All DC chargers (the faster ones) have a hard-wired cable.

Some AC chargers do, and some don't. The Type 2 cable is for those chargers that don't.

Example of an AC charger where you need your own cable:

852163.jpg

Oh I had no idea, thanks :)
About an hour and a half before I bought the cable I didn’t know either!

Like.. what?
Its far from a silly question imo.

Anyway I’ll mostly be only driving in the city, so it’s just a convenience thing “oh cool I can charge here with that cable” even though I won’t even come close to 100k in one day without being near an incompatible charger.

Reactions: Ivan23
About an hour and a half before I bought the cable I didn’t know either!

Like.. what?
Its far from a silly question imo.

Anyway I’ll mostly be only driving in the city, so it’s just a convenience thing “oh cool I can charge here with that cable” even though I won’t even come close to 100k in one day without being near an incompatible charger.
When deciding what cables to purchase for your new EV, download the PlugShare app and search for chargers in your area or places you will frequent regularly. You can generally tell from the PlugShare entry if you will need cables and any Charing apps or membership to use the charger. Still, given that you will likely do most charging at home you can wait until you have the car.

Reactions: Lyth