Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in a similar boat to you. I live in regional Tasmania, although I now have a final invoice (in the order page of my account) which shows the allocated VIN.
My understanding (which may not be correct) of the delivery process in regional areas is that Tesla cannot give you an EDD until just before delivery. They are not doing the delivery themselves, but are using a third party transport service to do the last leg(s) involving shipping , registration and delivery.
Until that third party service notifies them that they are almost ready for the delivery, they cannot tell you.
Thanks mate, guess wait is the best I can do now:)

Hi guys, I just ordered a Model 3 and the email says I need to login to my Tesla Account and "confirm registration information"

1645855656076.png

I've filled out all the details except "Payment Method". I'm financing but want to hold off for now because the estimated delivery is 5-7 months away. By the time that arrives I will probably have a bigger deposit saved. If I were to add the financing Payment Method right now then I'd lose out being able to put more money down. Do I have to add a Payment Method to "move forward in the delivery process,"? as Telsa claims, or can I leave it blank like the picture below:

1645855693778.png

Hi guys, I just ordered a Model 3 and the email says I need to login to my Tesla Account and "confirm registration information"

View attachment 773941

I've filled out all the details except "Payment Method". I'm financing but want to hold off for now because the estimated delivery is 5-7 months away. By the time that arrives I will probably have a bigger deposit saved. If I were to add the financing Payment Method right now then I'd lose out being able to put more money down. Do I have to add a Payment Method to "move forward in the delivery process,"? as Telsa claims, or can I leave it blank like the picture below:

View attachment 773942
Mines the same as yours as i am waiting till abit closer to my delivery date to proceed with the payment method. my SA said its fine to leave it like this and it does not effect you delivery just make sure you do it with enough time before delivery. I plan to complete mine next month for a May delivery (14-20 week group)

Jumping on after lurking for awhile following my Mid-Nov order of a RWD. I got delivery last Thursday in Mulgrave. Just wanted to share my thoughts on the acceleration as there were a few people asking about how it feels compared to the SR+. Well I did do a couple of test SR+ drives mid last year and there's no way I can tell the difference. I don't know what cars many of you have owned (I had a Forester so make of that what you will) but from that perspective this car is stupidly fast. Yes I know it's the "slow" one but I finally took it to a freeway yesterday and floored it for a few seconds - my heart was seriously pounding after it threw me into the back of my seat. Today I went back with the kids and had them screaming and laughing in the back seat every time I launched it. It's especially punchy once you are already moving. As Elon said, they don't make slow cars...

Jumping on after lurking for awhile following my Mid-Nov order of a RWD. I got delivery last Thursday in Mulgrave. Just wanted to share my thoughts on the acceleration as there were a few people asking about how it feels compared to the SR+. Well I did do a couple of test SR+ drives mid last year and there's no way I can tell the difference. I don't know what cars many of you have owned (I had a Forester so make of that what you will) but from that perspective this car is stupidly fast. Yes I know it's the "slow" one but I finally took it to a freeway yesterday and floored it for a few seconds - my heart was seriously pounding after it threw me into the back of my seat. Today I went back with the kids and had them screaming and laughing in the back seat every time I launched it. It's especially punchy once you are already moving. As Elon said, they don't make slow cars...

I test drove the Model Standard Range today, and immediately placed an order for one right after! I was super impressed with all the features and the car was incredibly fast for being the "slowest" Tesla. I feel like it could smoke any car on the road unless you own a super car or (of course) another Tesla that is long range or the performance variant. I'm coming from a crappy old Holden, so it's like a massive leap into the future for me. Very exciting!

I think that an interesting comparison is if you Google cars that go 0-100 in x seconds. Compare the 6.1 to current and past cars on the market. You’ll soon realise it’s still a winner. Perhaps also Google the 0-100 times of previous owned cars and I would expect a lot would be a lot slower than 6.1 seconds.

Also, just because I love it so much:

Attachments

• 17E861EF-C45E-4D0C-8B9E-FC0762049894.jpeg
    17E861EF-C45E-4D0C-8B9E-FC0762049894.jpeg
    969.9 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: MThreeLR and DAL333
I test drove the Model Standard Range today, and immediately placed an order for one right after! I was super impressed with all the features and the car was incredibly fast for being the "slowest" Tesla. I feel like it could smoke any car on the road unless you own a super car or (of course) another Tesla that is long range or the performance variant. I'm coming from a crappy old Holden, so it's like a massive leap into the future for me. Very exciting!
Super exciting! It is a truly awesome car in so many ways. We're only just beginning to find out how many.

I think that an interesting comparison is if you Google cars that go 0-100 in x seconds. Compare the 6.1 to current and past cars on the market. You’ll soon realise it’s still a winner. Perhaps also Google the 0-100 times of previous owned cars and I would expect a lot would be a lot slower than 6.1 seconds.

Also, just because I love it so much:
That looks so good!

The instant torque is everything - it just feels fast even when you're not doing much. It feels really far from standstill but I noticed it even more when accelerating from, say 50/60 to 100+. It really shines then.

Reactions: rgc1990
That looks so good!

The instant torque is everything - it just feels fast even when you're not doing much. It feels really far from standstill but I noticed it even more when accelerating from, say 50/60 to 100+. It really shines then.
Thanks!!

Exactly! At any speed, the instant torque blasts and gets you above where you should/need to be almost instantaneously! I haven’t done a standstill ‘brap’, but the joy of even easing on the go pedal and still easily reaching the required speed is an absolute blast!

Hey all :)
I couldn't decide if this required it's own thread, or just ask the people the question is actually directed at.

Placed my order end of January for a Model 3 RWD in Melbourne Australia (Very excited)
I can't seem to get a straight answer on the sound system we get here.. The internet seems to suggest that we get the 8 speaker configuation with a few speakers disconnected, no sub, and no additional AMP.
I try to take the word of the internet with a grain of salt, so when I emailed tesla support through my account to see if there were any retrofit kits, I recieved the following response.

"Thanks for your enquiry. At the moment you cannot upgrade the sound system. Although, both options have 14 speakers, difference in the Long range is that there is a Subwoofer. You can look to maybe get one installed after delivery to make up for this. Super simple"

There's a fair chance the support agent is mis-informed, but also chance that this is accurate.
Found a few websites who sell the activation kits, but noticed that they don't make anything for the AMD based cars at yet.. They're all listed coming soon...

The website for AU lists "Upgraded audio – immersive sound" for the partial premium interior.
What do they mean by upgraded? Upgraded over what? Is that just marketing BS for "Base spec"?
Sometimes regional changes make getting accurate information difficult (Floormats are a good example)

Anybody able to confirm the number of functioning speakers, and better yet the number of speakers present that just aren't connected?

Thanks for your help guys :)

Hey all :)
I couldn't decide if this required it's own thread, or just ask the people the question is actually directed at.

Placed my order end of January for a Model 3 RWD in Melbourne Australia (Very excited)
I can't seem to get a straight answer on the sound system we get here.. The internet seems to suggest that we get the 8 speaker configuation with a few speakers disconnected, no sub, and no additional AMP.
I try to take the word of the internet with a grain of salt, so when I emailed tesla support through my account to see if there were any retrofit kits, I recieved the following response.

"Thanks for your enquiry. At the moment you cannot upgrade the sound system. Although, both options have 14 speakers, difference in the Long range is that there is a Subwoofer. You can look to maybe get one installed after delivery to make up for this. Super simple"

There's a fair chance the support agent is mis-informed, but also chance that this is accurate.
Found a few websites who sell the activation kits, but noticed that they don't make anything for the AMD based cars at yet.. They're all listed coming soon...

The website for AU lists "Upgraded audio – immersive sound" for the partial premium interior.
What do they mean by upgraded? Upgraded over what? Is that just marketing BS for "Base spec"?
Sometimes regional changes make getting accurate information difficult (Floormats are a good example)

Anybody able to confirm the number of functioning speakers, and better yet the number of speakers present that just aren't connected?

Thanks for your help guys :)
I believe the LR lost a speaker and the M3 gained what was missing prior to the 2022 models. I believe what the support agent stated is correct for 2022 models.

From memory, this terminology was from the time when there were still plans for an even cheaper Model 3. This Model 3 would have a more stripped out interior including less speakers (potentially software locked)

The Model 3 RWD we drive now would have been the next step up from that model with partial premium interior. That's where the "Upgraded Audio" term came from.

I believe in the US this Model 3 was sold for a short time and was just called Model 3 Standard Range but it never came to Australia so one could argue this terminology is a little misleading

Apologies if my memory is incorrect

Reactions: RedSky1