Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, I meant the base price of the car since it was $59,990 before on road costs when I ordered it. (obviously it's not anymore as they raised the price)

After the standard on road costs (including ctp, rego), mine came to $64,872. But due to $3000 NSW EV rebate, $2185 stamp duty rebate, and the $1375 corporate plan delivery charge discount, it actually ended up being sub-$60k ($58,312) even after rego/ctp which is amazing.
Wow, bargain.

Reactions: Namrof
Last quarter production for Australia was spread over a couple of days. It requires multiple ships to get the vehicles here, then a minor army of car transporters to move them around the country and to customers.
The earlier Q1 shipment had cars built around 8-10th January,, and I can't remember why but I suspect that the current batch of cars were February builds.

Maybe somebody who has taken delivery in the past week or so can confirm the build date, particularly the LR and P owners?

Picking up my M3P on the 23rd, Alexandria in case anyone else here is on the same day. Ordered originally 22/11 but I changed ordered 2/12 originally quoted 8-12 weeks, and actually getting it 1 day over 16 weeks. Which is still not bad compared to other P and LR orders.

Everything is done to ensure smooth delivery from here. Get the car for one night before it goes in for tinting and ceramic.

Also lucky for me, covid spread through my household for last two weeks and I am out of isolation tomorrow. It was kind enough to completely bypass me. (my secret was daily dose of vitamin d 😂). Anyhoo 2 more sleeps and so happy the wait is almost over.

Hi guys,
We're taking delivery of a LR at work this week and I can confirm cancelled orders are passed onto the next customer. We got this from Tesla today:

Please note that due to the high volume of Tesla orders, cleared funds are required and the vehicle delivered within 1 week of arrival at our Delivery Centre. If delivery is not possible within the required 1 week, the VIN will be unmatched and matched to the next available customer ready for delivery. Your order will then be re-matched from our next arrivals

Reactions: Loxmyf
So i am told any cancellations dont get re-allocated to next in line, they go into stock which you buy off the Tesla website...

I know its dumb but its the way tesla do it.
Was told at the dealership when placing the order around New Year that June was the likely delivery date - but could get lucky in March if any similar configuration cancellations. So...make of that what you will...

Standard mode is like having an ICE car at sport mode where it tries to keep the revs within high torque curve. So every little press on the pedal gives instant nech snapping acceleration which is great fun initially, but also not great eventually as it makes it very tiring to drive, and is even worse for the pessengers. You can overcome it by using auto pilot or at least the adaptive cruise control portion of it whenever possible. But yeah, both my wife and I much prefer the smoothness of the Chill mode.
Coming from a manual sports car, I absolutely love the throttle response on standard mode. Every mm of throttle changes the accel and decel even more than my manual car. I love the driving engagement aspect of it and trying to be smooth.

It's not for everyone though and I've set my wife's profile to be chill 🙂

Reactions: Benzz
Thought I would give an update, pepper advised contract complete and payment sent to tesla today. Booked in for Thursday pick up long range. I have completed the garage prep including wall charger, WIFI meshpoint and existing premium solar. Was looking into a powerwall at some stage but given the ROI is not worth it. Looking at the battery capacity of the LR and cost, I effectively got 7 powerwalls with a car included for the price of 5 powerwall 2's.

tesla1.jpgtesla2.jpg

Coming from a manual sports car, I absolutely love the throttle response on standard mode. Every mm of throttle changes the accel and decel even more than my manual car. I love the driving engagement aspect of it and trying to be smooth.

It's not for everyone though and I've set my wife's profile to be chill 🙂
Interesting, thanks for the feedback. Maybe I should drive in Chill mode with the wife and kids in the car, Standard when I'm alone :)

• Funny
Reactions: pandafyed
I’m waiting for RWD / black interior / metallic blue. Out of an abundance of preparation, does anyone in Melbourne have recommendations for ceramic coat? What I’m looking to know, if possible:
  • Name of detailer
  • Cost
  • Photos
  • How many coats / brand name
  • How long did it take
  • Other details eg. How was their service?
Photos of M3’s with standard blue metallic + ceramic coat preferred :) before and after shots would be awesome :))

EDD: Sep 2022+
Order date: 27 Feb 2022