Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’d have to think the odds of that happening are pretty high.

Then again Elon might channel Trump - don’t test anyone on site and then there’s no virus.
I read somewhere that the workers had completed a 14 day quarantine before being cleared to enter the loop and were all PCR tested during and at the end of their quarantine. Can't remember where though. They all require regular testing while onsite by authorities rather than Tesla - that was in one of the articles i posted recently. Said authorities have set up a popup testing station at the factory to test the 8000 workers in line with the rest of the Shanghai population.

Well they've only got a week's worth of parts, so they'll likely won't get many cars made:

"Currently, Tesla China has enough parts for about a week of production. However, they are now pushing more than 100 suppliers to return to work to ensure production can continue"

Well they've only got a week's worth of parts, so they'll likely won't get many cars made:

"Currently, Tesla China has enough parts for about a week of production. However, they are now pushing more than 100 suppliers to return to work to ensure production can continue"
They are likely confident they can source those components. They wouldn't bother getting 8000 workers to sleep onsite while paying salary, plus stipend, plus catering, plus a bunch of other expenses if they predicted a risk of production faultering within a week. Them not restarting production a few times over the last few weeks because they couldn't make it work (while other businesses operated a closed loop) is an example of them operating based on risk.

Reactions: penn_ and Avoz
If the cars get built in the coming weeks the next challenge will be the port, the number of ships waiting outside Shanghai to get into the port is another bottleneck that they'll have to clear.

I read somewhere that the workers had completed a 14 day quarantine before being cleared to enter the loop and were all PCR tested during and at the end of their quarantine.

That helps but as we’ve seen these kinds of measures are not foolproof, otherwise the 2-week hard lockdown in Shanghai would have been sufficient to stop the spread. With the earlier variants it probably would have been sufficient, but with a variant as transmissable as Omicron, even the small number of people allowed out including official personnel is enough to keep it spreading. People can have caught the virus within the previous few hours at the end of their quarantine, or even while getting tested, test negative, and then spread it before they have any symptoms or are tested again.

Cheer up, everyone. We'll get there. Musk, Tesla and Spacex got a viable EV into production against the odds and pulled in front of a gigantic, entrenched and savagely aggressive fossil fuels industry, weathered a semi conductor crisis through their own invention, globally rolled out charging infrastructure, created actual reusable rockets and a frigging starship. The complexity of operating in a lockdown is something they of all organisations can probably handle. And likely know a lot more about than us.

Reactions: TSELA
Another schedule change for the RORO Cargo to Aus.
View attachment 794177
Today Marine Traffic is showing Morning Crystal, previously enroute to Shanghai for 26 April, has redirected to Pyeongtaek Korea.

No update on the Armacup schedule yet.

If the cars get built in the coming weeks the next challenge will be the port, the number of ships waiting outside Shanghai to get into the port is another bottleneck that they'll have to clear.

Tesla operates from Luchao port which isn't a container port or located within the Shanghai container port. They drive the cars into the ship and the moorings are scheduled.

I ordeerd mine 4 dec no vin as yet Im in Tas
Hmm it's interesting as I ordered mine in 21 Dec. Got a VIN. Then in early March I got notification to book delivery at then end of March then 2 days before the delivery date they rang up and said the delivery is delayed as some error came up when the car left the NSW port. Since then the delivery date was changed 3 times. The update today is no ETA as they are waiting for part. The annoying thing is when the delivery date was first book for end of March, they let Macquarie know about delivery and never bothered to let them know about the delay so now they got the full payment and I haven't got the car. I suspect that they wanted to close the 1st quarter sales reporting and did that intentionally to get the money.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximillan
Hmm it's interesting as I ordered mine in 21 Dec. Got a VIN. Then in early March I got notification to book delivery at then end of March then 2 days before the delivery date they rang up and said the delivery is delayed as some error came up when the car left the NSW port. Since then the delivery date was changed 3 times. The update today is no ETA as they are waiting for part. The annoying thing is when the delivery date was first book for end of March, they let Macquarie know about delivery and never bothered to let them know about the delay so now they got the full payment and I haven't got the car. I suspect that they wanted to close the 1st quarter sales reporting and did that intentionally to get the money.
Did any anyone experience that delivery date was moved several times?

Confused about the Mobile Charger situation. This page still says it is "included as standard equipment with a new Tesla" - Mobile Connector.

However, Elon has been tweeting on the subject a bit in the past few hours

Reached out to my SA to see if I can get a written commitment that my Model 3 will come with a Mobile Connector. Not keen on having to fork up another $860 AUD (or if price drops do happen here, probably around the $500-$600 mark still) to charge my car.
I think this applies to US Tesla only

I suspect that they wanted to close the 1st quarter sales reporting and did that intentionally to get the money.
It doesn't matter if they got the money or not, it's not accounted as a sale until it's been signed over into your possession. The money is a liability on their books until that happens.

Sounds like a part was found faulty in pre-delivery inspection and they've had to order one in to replace it, which is a bit poor but better than being delivered a faulty car, I suppose.

Starting the loan early isn't so bad if you can afford the payments, you'll be locked in at the old lower interest rate.

Hi all, what can you tell me about tinting windows on a TM3?
Pros, Cons, experiences? (Should I ask this somewhere else given many of you are waiting for a TM3 like me, not driving one yet?)
Lots of existing threads about tinting including this one specifically for Brisbane QLD.

Reactions: Cammo