Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a great site with a lot of info that could be used when encountering any doubters:
Anti AntiEV
I personally don't take to heart anyone who's anti EV. Nor do I consider it my duty to "educate" them.

There's no shortage of anti Tesla sentiments you'll hear echoed ("actually worse for the environment", "impossible to get repaired", <insert any anti Elon Musk talking point>). Who cares? I'll spend my money how I want. You don't wrestle with a pig, you'll only get covered in mud and the pig enjoys it.

I’ve locked in now as my rep thought that rates were going to go up, however that doesn't seem to have eventuated. I would just keep on top of them as they should find out (at least a few days) ahead of the event.

I’m surprised they’re still at 2.99% tbh.
Hi

Good to lock in the rate and hope you receive the new car within the time frame. Yes, really surprised that Macquarie is still with the 2.99% interest rate, please let me know if you hear anything about the rate increase so that I can lock in the rate.

Thanks

Hi all. Thank you to everyone posting on this forum, you've all been a great source of information and support!

I've been a long time lurker and observer, having followed Tesla and the Model 3 in particular since the mid 20-Teens. Finally booked in a test drive at the Parramatta Experience Centre in January of this year and was simply blown away - haha both my sons 13 and 9 (they went with me) keep mentioning about it - my Mrs and I haven't told them yet but:

Ordered M3 LR White/White
OD: 10/02/2022
VIN: ??
EDD: ???

I have been trying to get more information about the 19" versus the 18" (recently being made available on Tesla AU) wheel options. The overall understanding is that the 18" wheels are more economical, are more comfortable and are more durable, particularly when it comes to pot holes. There seem to be many more benefits to having the 18" over the 19" wheels it seems...what are the advantages (aside from cosmetic) of the 19" ones over the 18"?

Also, what I haven't seen anyone confirm is whether or not the 18" wheels will reduce ground clearance on the Model 3 (it's supposed to be 14cms with the 19" wheels?) and by how much.

Was thinking about 'downsizing' to the 18" wheels but worried about my delivery being pushed back?

Phew, a lot to ask for a first post, sorry and thank you all again!

Also, what I haven't seen anyone confirm is whether or not the 18" wheels will reduce ground clearance on the Model 3 (it's supposed to be 14cms with the 19" wheels?) and by how much.
The 18s have the same rolling diameter as the 19s - higher profile tyres are used - so the ground clearance should be the same.

(My SR+ with 18s had a single 19" loaner wheel on it for a few days at one point!)

Hi all. Thank you to everyone posting on this forum, you've all been a great source of information and support!

I've been a long time lurker and observer, having followed Tesla and the Model 3 in particular since the mid 20-Teens. Finally booked in a test drive at the Parramatta Experience Centre in January of this year and was simply blown away - haha both my sons 13 and 9 (they went with me) keep mentioning about it - my Mrs and I haven't told them yet but:

OD: 10/02/2022
VIN: ??

I have been trying to get more information about the 19" versus the 18" (recently being made available on Tesla AU) wheel options. The overall understanding is that the 18" wheels are more economical, are more comfortable and are more durable, particularly when it comes to pot holes. There seem to be many more benefits to having the 18" over the 19" wheels it seems...what are the advantages (aside from cosmetic) of the 19" ones over the 18"?

Was thinking about 'downsizing' to the 18" wheels but worried about my delivery being pushed back?

Phew, a lot to ask for a first post, sorry and thank you all again!
Thanks to the *sugar* roads in Australia…. I would prefer the 18 over anything larger, as the larger tyres are ‘thinner’. My friends who own the P models tells me about their tyre problems on a daily basis

Hi all,

I've been lurking on the site since putting in my M3 order, so much great info on here - thank you!
This will be my first EV, so I need all the help and information I can get my hands on. Luckily, I have lots of time, as I only just put my order in...

OD: 05/04/2022
VIN: ???

So, is it normal to keep changing your mind? I've ordered the long range, but keep tossing up between this and the RWD ..... sigh ......

Hi, ordered black/black M3P on 2/2/22. Called tesla last week was told it may be delayed 8 extra weeks on my original 14-20w estimate. Called up the next day and was told that everything should be on time now.
Do you guys think that we are going to have our cars before July 1st?

Hi all, just found this forum recently. Great info in here.

The wait is so excruciating. Watching YouTube about Tesla's is getting a bit stale, just wanna drive!

My estimate for delivery: quoted 14-20 weeks plus 2 weeks delay for "components", 5 weeks delay for China lockdown. Predicting a July date. If it's after that then I'm gonna go insane haha

Ordered M3 RWD Blue/Black
OD: 13/01/2022
VIN: ???

Thanks to the *sugar* roads in Australia…. I would prefer the 18 over anything larger, as the larger tyres are ‘thinner’. My friends who own the P models tells me about their tyre problems on a daily basis
My previous cars (BMW E46 M3, BMW E88 135i Motorsport, BMW F33 435i Motorsport) have all been shod with 30 and 35 series tyres.
I have never had an issue with tyre or wheel damage.

I’ve ridden in a friend’s M3P, and the ride is no worse in that than those previous cars.

I guess it is what you are used to.

I’m looking forward to my M3P with the 20” wheels.

Hi, ordered black/black M3P on 2/2/22. Called tesla last week was told it may be delayed 8 extra weeks on my original 14-20w estimate. Called up the next day and was told that everything should be on time now.
Do you guys think that we are going to have our cars before July 1st?
If only the crystal ball would work.
We have some sleuths onboard this forum who seem to derive really great info, and i trust [somewhat] their guestimates.
I get little joy from contact with SA in Canberra where i ordered, and less from Brisbane [my delivery site], so their info fully unreliable.
I'm now at 13 weeks wait, out of "14 to 20" but just have to sit tight.
In the meantime I continue to check the Armaacup website and schedules [Asia to Oceania | Armacup] though I realise they are not the only carriers [just most mentioned in the forum], i check the ship locations on ship tracker sites and generally fill the void.
I've owned a hybrid [Honds Cr-Z] for 10 years and recently sold it in anticipation of my M3LR, so now operating on just one car [ICE] in a location with near zero public transport, so especially ready for return to two-car family.