Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't had "the call" yet. But interested if everyone getting a call are those that were in the 14-20 week delivery and will now miss that window?

My original delivery was the 5-7 months that puts me at July to September. So technically I don't need a call as I'll still be in my delivery window with Q3 delivery.

Anyone else?
I am in the 14-20 weeks batch and sitting somewhere around 17-18 weeks and, so far, no call.. I saw a guy in Brighton (Vic), who hasn't been the best with communications anyway, so no idea if I'll hear something or if I should make the call first.. sort of living with 'if I don't hear something, maybe I'll get lucky'.. ;)

Haha, nice one! I thought when the car transfers owner, any extras (eg boost, FSD) were removed/deactivated. Is that not the case?
This is the rumour that will never die.

Additions like acceleration boost and FSD are like accessories, they stay with the car when you sell it.

(If Tesla take your car as a trade-in, they can choose to remove those before they re-sell it, but that is of no consequence to you).

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Haven't had "the call" yet. But interested if everyone getting a call are those that were in the 14-20 week delivery and will now miss that window?

My original delivery was the 5-7 months that puts me at July to September. So technically I don't need a call as I'll still be in my delivery window with Q3 delivery.

Anyone else?
So, I called Tesla (for a different reason, but brought up the delay to try and see if they had any info) and they told me that they had some reservations that were delayed that they were contacting people about but that my reservation specifically didn't have any indication of a delay as yet which I assume means I wasn't on the list of people to call. I'm in the 5-7 month window.

So to me, that sounds like you're right and the people that were expecting cars in Q2 are the ones being called, but those that were already in Q3 aren't. I'd also suspect they have no idea if the existing Q3 orders are being pushed to Q4 or if they're going to try and make more cars for Aus to catch up.

Reactions: mgfletcher
So, I called Tesla (for a different reason, but brought up the delay to try and see if they had any info) and they told me that they had some reservations that were delayed that they were contacting people about but that my reservation specifically didn't have any indication of a delay as yet which I assume means I wasn't on the list of people to call. I'm in the 5-7 month window.

So to me, that sounds like you're right and the people that were expecting cars in Q2 are the ones being called, but those that were already in Q3 aren't. I'd also suspect they have no idea if the existing Q3 orders are being pushed to Q4 or if they're going to try and make more cars for Aus to catch up.
IMO I don’t think they know whether they will catch up or not yet. I’m in the 14-20 week group but I haven’t heard anything from my SA.

IMO I don’t think they know whether they will catch up or not yet. I’m in the 14-20 week group but I haven’t heard anything from my SA.
Spoke too early, my SA rang and no vehicles till 2nd half. When I said are you saying 2nd half of year being conservativ, he said we do not know yet, I will let you know.

So what I gathered is they do not know anything yet. Q3 may be a possibility, no one knows yet.

Saw an article today that they are trying to supplement Shanghai factory production with increasing production at Texas and Berlin to make up for the downtime. Don't know how that flows through to Model 3s hitting Australian shores but clearly they want to work through the backlog.

Anyone else?

My OD was a day earlier than yours, no call as well. Read on thedriven.io about the Tesla deliveries getting postponed to Q3.. hoping I can still get it at least on July/Aug, as I might be away most of September...
My OD is same as Azure7, no call, and wasn’t expecting one until it looks like delivery won’t happen in the window.
So fingers crossed for delivery in the 5-7 months, otherwise I guess I’ll get that call close to the end of the expected window.

I just received my call from my sales advisor "Viv" at Tesla, Chatswood (Sydney). He's about 10 through 60 calls.

Estimate changed from "14-20 weeks after order date" (May 8 to June 19) to now "Second half of 2022" 🙁.

Hi Tom,

Thank you again for your time on the phone. As we discussed, due to the ongoing situation in Shanghai our factory is currently operating at a reduced capacity impacting vehicle production for our market.

I can see that you placed your order on 30/01/22 so I understand that you were expecting delivery soon, however we want to assure you that our team are doing everything possible to resume normal operations. We will continue to prioritise deliveries based on order placed date, location and configuration and provide further delivery timing updates as soon as they come to hand.

We anticipate production to return to full scale soon with our market receive vehicles in the second half of 2022.

In the coming weeks updated delivery timing will be available in your Tesla Account.

If you have any questions, please let me know.