Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Patiently waiting...

R.jpg

Something in my gut tells me that the VIN's just allocated are already on a ship, or will be on the Morning Clara. Can see the next big rush being mid July.
When I got my VIN on 25/05, Morning Clara was parked off Fraser Island. It then stopped at Brisbane, then went to Port Kembla, and unloaded the cars there.
Given the current location of the ship now, there’s a reasonable chance they are on it.

Reactions: Robdunc and rtvanda
Something in my gut tells me that the VIN's just allocated are already on a ship, or will be on the Morning Clara. Can see the next big rush being mid July.
Been thinking the same and that maybe these assigned VINs are perhaps just Tesla trying to clear the most overdue orders...so I reckon the VINs could stop for a couple of weeks. Would love to be proven completely wrong!

I was wrong. It is now obvious that Model 3s will arrive in Q3 too. Let me update what I said:

Q1 2022: There were 4,417 Model 3 registrations in Australia in Q1 2022 according to this article.
Q2 2022: I estimate 250 Model 3 registrations in Q2. These are leftovers from Q1, not new arrivals.
Q3 and Q4 2022: I estimate 4,700 Model 3 and 6,700 Model Y registrations in Australia in Q3 and then the same in Q4,

By the way, some specs of MIC Model 3 and Y can be found in this document: https://www.miit.gov.cn/cms_files/f...ch/20224/39a4716160414ee8874808c50fe30b5b.pdf
This is from the MIIT website (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology). In the PDF file, search for 特斯拉 which means Tesla. You can differentiate Model 3 and Y by vehicle length. Also, the last row shows motor power, for example, 194 kW.

People getting Model Y VINs on 28 June means that production at Giga Shanghai has switched to the Australia version of Model Y on 28 June. They do this because there isn't enough time left anymore to deliver cars locally. So, they have switched production to exports.

There were 4,417 Model 3 registrations in Australia in Q1 2022 according to this article. I estimate zero in Q2 and Q3 and then maybe 7,000 in Q4.

For Model Y, I estimate 5,000 in Q3 and 7,000 in Q4.

Last edited:
Just rang the support and was told "I will be very surprised if the allocation hasn't happened to your car in the next one or two weeks. The system is just doing allocation in batches to avoid overloading."

2nd of March 2022 Reservation.
Thank you for reaching out to support, My SA has ghosted me like a bad tinder date so its reassuring to hear this and gives me hope that I will get my VIN with a February order

Well didn't see this coming... got vin today for MY SR ordered 10:30 am on day one. Yet my LR M3 ordered 4/1/22 nothing....yet....
I find that really annoying (not you, Tesla). I assumed that my January order for a Model 3 would get priority over a new order in June for a Model Y. If I had known that Tesla would prioritise the newer orders, I might have switched to a Y. 😞

I was wrong. It is now obvious that Model 3s will arrive in Q3 too. Let me update what I said:

Q1 2022: There were 4,417 Model 3 registrations in Australia in Q1 2022 according to this article.
Q2 2022: I estimate 250 Model 3 registrations in Q2. These are leftovers from Q1, not new arrivals.
Q3 and Q4 2022: I estimate 4,700 Model 3 and 6,700 Model Y registrations in Australia in Q3 and then the same in Q4,

By the way, some specs of MIC Model 3 and Y can be found in this document: https://www.miit.gov.cn/cms_files/f...ch/20224/39a4716160414ee8874808c50fe30b5b.pdf
This is from the MIIT website (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology). In the PDF file, search for 特斯拉 which means Tesla. You can differentiate Model 3 and Y by vehicle length. Also, the last row shows motor power, for example, 194 kW.

People getting Model Y VINs on 28 June means that production at Giga Shanghai has switched to the Australia version of Model Y on 28 June. They do this because there isn't enough time left anymore to deliver cars locally. So, they have switched production to exports.
Credibility shot

Reactions: TSELA and DrewBytes
Bear in mind, that the longer you wait, the more features could have been axed from your car. This seems to be the road Tesla has chosen to go at least in the short foreseeable future.

Here is a summary of what's been axed since the beginning of the year:

1. Lumbar Support
2. Radar
3. USB Data Connectivity in Centre Console
4. USB Data Cable to Centre Console (Critical if you wanted to add 3rd party USB data port to central console later)
5. ODB power at front row
More to coming ...