Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need some February RWDs! I'm really struggling riding the motorbike when it's so cold in the mornings that the mirrors fog up.
I feel so bad for you, Draco. I was driving the kids to school the other morning, all car windows and mirrors fogged up (so yep, couldn't see a thing), and saw a poor guy zooming down the road on an e-scooter. I remember commenting that it must be really awful to be on a scooter or motorbike right now, soooooo cold lately in Perth!

Fingers crossed you (and everyone else) gets that vin soon 🙂

Reactions: PcS000 and Draco
I mean they build the car to the queue orders, not some random set of blues, blacks, whites, long grey name with the correct interiors, tires, motors, etc.
So the VIN is likely automatically stamped based on order # 1234 or whatever which they have just built.
Nah, they don't build them to order. There just aren't that many permutations, so they schedule a variety of builds based on estimates, then match them to orders after building (sometimes well after - when the car is on the boat, or already in the country).

Reactions: Maximillan
Unknown.jpeg

Tesla allocating VINs....