Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both ships , Clara & passama are already on their way to OZ full of Teslas
Passama is on approach to Shanghai dock now

1658292079361.png

And unfortunately they share the vessel with other brands (and forklifts)

• Funny
Reactions: M_Harps and rtvanda
Alright, I’ll start making the FAQ tonight.

What’s the best way to make a post/document that can be edited over time?

Google doc then post the link? Or is there a better method?
A public Google doc with a FAQ would do. Just don't allow anyone to edit or it will be messy (similar to the tracker spreadsheets). I could also setup a simple website for free.

Reactions: Robdunc
So I'm hoping (assuming?) that my car will be on the Viking Passama since it's timeline lines up with the build date and EDD currently.

Looks like it's currently anchored off Shanghai and already a day behind schedule (it appears to have been due to depart Shanghai yesterday).

Forklifts blocking the pier?
Dates on the Armacup schedule appear to be arrival dates, and that includes the anchorage, not necessarily the dock. All the ships I've watched spend at least a day anchored at Shanghai before proceeding to the Dock. Probably a combination of Covid protocols and the fact Haitong is on a tidal part of the river, they (or the ship they are waiting for to leave) can only enter/depart with the high tide when laden.

Dates on the Armacup schedule appear to be arrival dates, and that includes the anchorage, not necessarily the dock. All the ships I've watched spend at least a day anchored at Shanghai before proceeding to the Dock. Probably a combination of Covid protocols and the fact Haitong is on a tidal part of the river, they (or the ship they are waiting for to leave) can only enter/depart with the high tide when laden.
Yeah, good call. It's on the move now into port with a rising tide.

Reactions: Missimpatient
.. so cars that are built and at the loading dock and only once they're loaded onto the designated ship destined for the market, only then the VIN is flagged/allocated to ordered spec, no?
No, mine has a build date of 15/07, and I was notified & invoiced on 16/07 (the next day),. Seems like a quick and efficient process, giving us our VIN and EDD as soon as the car is built.

I think a waiting room is perfect for speculation of factory shutdowns, VIN allocations, deliveries and invoicing due to the lack of communication from Tesla.
Just not the things you aren't interested in, got it.
answers to an FBT exemption legislation, which hasn't even been passed, as well as General Accounting, should be deemed as Financial Advise and should be provided only by those who hold a certificate of a professional accounting body.
Given someone asked for an accountants take on the situation, and I responded, I don't see what your issue is?

It also isn't financial advice.
In fact, to my limited knowledge, it is not even legitimate to give such advice without being a CPA in Australia.
What you don't know could fill a warehouse.

Look, I'm not super interested in a back and forth, this is a waiting room. If someone asks a question within my realm of expertise I'm going to give them an answer.

As long as this thread is filled with talk of forklifts, factory shutdown speculation, wall chargers, finance rates and accessories, its pretty hard to object to an element of financing (novated leases). Logically disingenuous to claim its not on topic.

And far as I can tell, you aren't a mod, so kindly refrain from telling me what I can and can't do while doing whatever you want.

Thanks so much.