Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have RACQ up here, and like RACV, their price was almost twice what NRMA was, but I am still able to get NRMA insurance up here in Sunny Brisbane (actually not so sunny at the moment..)
Just googled it and wow - no NRMA insurance in Vic.....
i always thought NRMA insurance is available Australia wide , i think Victoria is the worst place to buy an EV with their 2.5c tax plus expensive Insurance

Reactions: Redrum
Well, it does look good.

I've added it to Phase 3 but trying to wait till car is here first.
I wonder if its compatible with the grocery bag hook?

View attachment 829733
We added both Frunk and Trunk sound proofing from RpmTesla.com. We went for a drive then added the front and went for a drive. No noticeable difference. We then added the rear and went for a drive and it made quite an improvement, much quieter. I thought I was buying both but didn’t, only bought the rear. I know in a few weeks when car arrives.

What we put in my mate’s earlier this year.

What I bought from BRAUMACH.com.au (from North Altona)

So not only would I not pay income tax, but the car would also cost 10% less because the GST refund? Sounds too good to be true.
Remember to compare the net payments and marginal tax rate benefits i.e., pre and post tax on the novated lease, against any post tax loan option. The residual will have a GST component so you save part of it as I understand. Also, early payout penalties may affect your decision if you are equivocating on switching e.g., to a Model Y. Experts please chime in.

We added both Frunk and Trunk sound proofing from RpmTesla.com. We went for a drive then added the front and went for a drive. No noticeable difference. We then added the rear and went for a drive and it made quite an improvement, much quieter. I thought I was buying both but didn’t, only bought the rear. I know in a few weeks when car arrives.

What we put in my mate’s earlier this year.

What I bought from BRAUMACH.com.au (from North Altona)
OK fine, I'll buy the boot liner too...;)

Last edited:
I am incorporated. Did I get the novated lease thing right?
  1. Company buys car, gets GST refund
  2. Company leases it to me and FBT is exempt under new scheme for at least 3 years
  3. After 3 years I pay the residual and then I own the car
So not only would I not pay income tax, but the car would also cost 10% less because the GST refund? Sounds too good to be true.
Not sure you can?

Attachments

• ED426545-49AF-4EE8-944A-A115A9BB04B2.png
    ED426545-49AF-4EE8-944A-A115A9BB04B2.png
    532.4 KB · Views: 87
So I'm hoping (assuming?) that my car will be on the Viking Passama since it's timeline lines up with the build date and EDD currently.

Looks like it's currently anchored off Shanghai and already a day behind schedule (it appears to have been due to depart Shanghai yesterday).

Forklifts blocking the pier?

I am incorporated. Did I get the novated lease thing right?
  1. Company buys car, gets GST refund
  2. Company leases it to me and FBT is exempt under new scheme for at least 3 years
  3. After 3 years I pay the residual and then I own the car
I believe you have to pay the GST on the residual at step 3, so you only end up saving part of the GST.

It seems there’s a lot of common questions that get repeated over and over. I’m thinking of making an AUS specific FAQ that we can add to over time, that might help newcomers out?
Agree - the FBT chat has been done to death. Also the “when do I get my invoice” question gets asked every two pages.

They’re legitimate questions, but constantly recurring.