Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Macquarie the interest rate is fixed at least for 6 months..

In Tesla website interest rate is 5.99% now where in Macquarie is still offering for at 4.99 %.. so what are the rates which Tesla website is showing ?
I'm financed with Macquarie (at 4.99%) and the guy I spoke to from there was insistent that the rate is fixed over the life of the loan. Have gone back through the contract and while it mentions the fixed rate it there is no wording that I can see that says that they can (or cannot) change the rate at all. Can I ask where you found the info about it being only fixed for 6 months?

I'm financed with Macquarie (at 4.99%) and the guy I spoke to from there was insistent that the rate is fixed over the life of the loan. Have gone back through the contract and while it mentions the fixed rate it there is no wording that I can see that says that they can (or cannot) change the rate at all. Can I ask where you found the info about it being only fixed for 6 months?
It’s definitely fixed for the life of the loan once the loan has started. If your car takes longer than 6 months to arrive, they won’t hold your 4.99 and you’ll be charged whatever the rate is 6 months from now.

Reactions: Greyalset
It’s definitely fixed for the life of the loan once the loan has started. If your car takes longer than 6 months to arrive, they won’t hold your 4.99 and you’ll be charged whatever the rate is 6 months from now.
I ordered on 20/2 but held off applying for finance with Macquarie until the week it changed from 2.99 to 3.99. Macquarie told me 6 months at 2.99%… so I’ve got until November for the car to be delivered! Here’s hoping no more delays

I ordered on 20/2 but held off applying for finance with Macquarie until the week it changed from 2.99 to 3.99. Macquarie told me 6 months at 2.99%… so I’ve got until November for the car to be delivered! Here’s hoping no more delays
I was in the same boat until they changed the rules for novated leasing so I let my macquarie finance lapse. Paying 5% now but once the tax benefits kick in, I’m better off.
If anyone qualifies for novated leasing through their work, they should speak to their accountant about it because it’s likely to be substantially cheaper.

Anyone know if the Morning Clara is carrying any Tesla vehicles?
I couldn't help but notice on Marine Finder and Vessel Tracker that there's been no location updates...
On ShipFix it's only a few hours from Brisbane (and it is moving, I've been refreshing it)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-23 181938.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-23 181938.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 72
Anyone know if the Morning Clara is carrying any Tesla vehicles?
I couldn't help but notice on Marine Finder and Vessel Tracker that there's been no location updates...
On ShipFix it's only a few hours from Brisbane (and it is moving, I've been refreshing it)
yes. And multiple ships have Tesla on them. I've done a lot of work around which cars are on which ships.

I have recently applied through Macquarie and still in the process of approval. I have been informed by the rep that they can lock in the interest rate @4.99% for 6 months (3 months plus 3 months renewal), if you do not get your car within the 6 months period your Loan approval will be expired and you need to start fresh and reapply submitting all the documents again with the interest rate at that moment.

May I know when did you get your finance approved and how many days did the approval process take ?

I have recently applied through Macquarie and still in the process of approval. I have been informed by the rep that they can lock in the interest rate @4.99% for 6 months (3 months plus 3 months renewal), if you do not get your car within the 6 months period your Loan approval will be expired and you need to start fresh and reapply submitting all the documents again with the interest rate at that moment.

May I know when did you get your finance approved and how many days did the approval process take ?
Yeah, that happened to me (my 3 month + 3 month renewal expired - 2 days before I got my invoice).

The recent approval took < 24hrs once I'd gone through and updated all my information to reapply. The first time took a bit longer, because they wanted more documentation around proof of employment (I'd recently just changed jobs). From memory, the first time approval took about 3 business days.

• Informative
Reactions: Greyalset