Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had someone from Pepper ring me to arrange the contract for my finance and happened to mention in passing that my current interest rate was 6.29% and has been that way since the 8th July. There was a moment of stunned silence when I told them I had a revised quote from them (in writing) for 4.99% dated the 14th July. Apparently they will get back to me about that....
Yikes! I feel lucky I locked in with Macquarie on 2.99%

Going to be interesting to see your reaction if/when they propose grandfathering $100 bills to make hoarding large amounts of cash less practical.
You know, I spent a large chunk of my life living in Asia, the US and Europe and it is remarkable the interference the Australian government has in peoples lives compared to other places. It’s even more remarkable how people just accept it.
Personally I couldn’t imagine needing to pay anything large with cash but I’d defend any citizens right to use legal tender how they like.

Reactions: Missimpatient
You know, I spent a large chunk of my life living in Asia, the US and Europe and it is remarkable the interference the Australian government has in peoples lives compared to other places. It’s even more remarkable how people just accept it.
Personally I couldn’t imagine needing to pay anything large with cash but I’d defend any citizens right to use legal tender how they like.
It is reflective of our alpha culture. Interfering is what makes us, us.
That's why we keep reelecting them.

Reactions: Lerxt
I expect it would be more to limit and make more difficult the movement of the proceeds of crime than for legitimate lawful transactions between entities.

Brighton VIC showroom this afternoon.

Moving onwards and upwards, or going broke ??????

PXL_20220801_070545304.MP.jpg

Last edited:
For those still looking for VIN, the Chrome VIN Finder extension didn't pick up my VIN assignment today. I've removed it from my browser, apologies for posting it.

I've found having two windows open worked best, one with the Tesla account page (which I refresh to check that I'm still logged in), and the other with this link (which is the second one I refresh after logging in) : https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders

So here is something we are up against ...

I had my EVSE (Tesla HPWC) installed today. I don't have an EV yet, but at least I have a means to pour electrons onto the driveway, but I digress.

While the job was being performed by the sparky, a neighbour happened to be walking down the street with his dog. "G'day" he says "what you up to?" (it's OK, I get on well with him). "Oh, we're putting in a charger in readiness for my new EV" I say with a big grin. He says "Oh, charging those EVs costs a lot of money". My response (with frown), "Err, no. Actually a lot cheaper that petrol, and I don't have to go to a servo. What makes you say it's expensive to charge an EV?"

... wait for it ...

He says ... "Oh, I read it on Facebook" <and so it must be the truth>

Needless to say, I tried to dispel this notion, but I fear my breath was wasted. And he will be happy driving his ICE car and filling up once a week for >$100.

What's that you say .. "You can lead a horse to water ...."

At the risk of cross posting ... I posted the following on Whirlpool just now but thought there might be people in this forum who are not on Whirlpool who might know the answer <mods ... please remove if this is not inside the rules of TMC).

Questions for the forum ...

1. I had a HPWC Gen 3 installed today. It is wired for 3-phase. In the app (using iOS) on the status page, it only shows the voltage from L1 to N ... and not L2 to N or L3 to N. Is this normal? It seems strange to me that it will report the voltage on one phase only and not the other two.

2. I have a question from a security perspective. The HPWC has the QR code on the side of the unit for all and sundry to see and scan in order to connect to the HPWC. There is no password to access the unit. There is nothing stopping an unscrupulous person from connecting to my HPWC and altering the settings, eg. max current. Is this normal? Am I missing something?