Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got to a weird looking page with that link. Can you give us the summary or link again please?
I tried again, looks like a Russian file sharing page. So the theory of that post is that Tesla are getting vehicles to Melbourne by boat instead of taking them off at Port Kembla and trucking them down. Interesting. I wonder whether that means they've loaded Viking Passama up in the correct order to leave some on. Seems like a recipe for potential disaster!

The premium connectivity does cost them something, it's basically cost recovery for additional cost from the mobile network and the subscriptions for Spotify and Google Map aerial photography tiles.
That's true. Premium connectivity costs Tesla as I assume they would be paying Telstra (assuming they use Telstra) for data on 4G (5G).

So, something that doesn't cost money to a third party ... Mmmm ... how about EAP. Probably a stretch too far :)

And if not that, maybe they could offer a A$250 voucher to be used in their online store.

I tried again, looks like a Russian file sharing page. So the theory of that post is that Tesla are getting vehicles to Melbourne by boat instead of taking them off at Port Kembla and trucking them down. Interesting. I wonder whether that means they've loaded Viking Passama up in the correct order to leave some on. Seems like a recipe for potential disaster!
I might be missing something but I don't know if that is what they're saying?

It depends on where and what kind of charging you plan to do. The rapid growth in DCFCs, which are always tethered, is I think rapidly reducing the need for Type 2 - Type 2 cables. Apparently 3-11 kW untethered AC chargers are more common in QLD than NSW and more common in regional areas than metro. Plugshare should tell you if a particular AC charger is untethered but it‘s not always right or that information is actually missing.

And as you know they aren’t cheap: $250 to $350. I purchased one recently because I was going on a regional/rural road trip in NSW and QLD, but I never used it. The one AC charger I thought I might need it at turned out to be tethered.
Make sure you get the 22kW cable. I got one from EVSE for $224 with code TOA10 for 10% off :)

Reactions: RobM3MY