Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every situation is different obviously
It is, and if in doubt then speak to an accountant.

If you had a quote that included ECM then that's not what the costs would be under the amended legislation. If it was a zero FBT quote, you should add the tax you paid to earn that $69,480 to get a true comparison. Yes, when comparing dollar for dollar someone is clipping the ticket, just don't forget when you are paying with cash you've saved or paying back a loan, it's the ATO instead of the NL provider.

Anyway, that's a discussion for the other thread...

My 9/7 build LR isn't showing up on RAV yet. Is it on Viking Passama or Morning Crystal? EDD is 23/8 to 6/9 so it's got to be close...

Reactions: pssturges
It is, and if in doubt then speak to an accountant.

If you had a quote that included ECM then that's not what the costs would be under the amended legislation. If it was a zero FBT quote, you should add the tax you paid to earn that $69,480 to get a true comparison. Yes, when comparing dollar for dollar someone is clipping the ticket, just don't forget when you are paying with cash you've saved or paying back a loan, it's the ATO instead of the NL provider.

Anyway, that's a discussion for the other thread...

My 9/7 build LR isn't showing up on RAV yet. Is it on Viking Passama or Morning Crystal? EDD is 23/8 to 6/9 so it's got to be close...
Yeah that’s right. For me yeah the interest rate is higher on NL and the car costs more sure, but after tax I actually save significantly more. Only way I would beat the NL savings is by fudging my tax return and claiming more business use than it actually is. You’re right though, other thread.

Anyway I’m with you on the empty RAV - BD 10/7, EDD 19-29 aug. pretty sure their orders and deliveries are just whatever they feel like doing at the time. I’m sure our time will come soon enough though!

Could be on Ruby Ace too, due in Fremantle on Saturday.
It is!

https://www.molace.com/TRK/Search

1660210952597.png

If the VIN is found on the Register of Approved Vehicles does this mean it's already landed in port, or could still be on the boat?
I think it can still be on the boat. I have mine and think the car is on Viking Passama which is due in to Melbourne tomorrow evening. Unless Tesla took everything off the boat at Port Kembla, did RAV stuff, then put some back on for the trip to Melbourne. Seems unlikely that they would do this.

Click the itinerary button at the end of the search result and it will give you the voyage details. It might be on Euphony Ace (on its way to Port Kembla).
Nope its on the Ruby. Due in PK on the 20th.

Actually pretty peeved about this hey. It’s pretty clear there’s no connection between order date and ship allocation. This thing is on one serious scenic route.

On the plus side, I guess I can stop spamming F5 for a while…