Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Viking Passama’s arrival has moved up 8 or so hours, to tomorrow night (20:30). Small win.

No RAV record for me, so maybe mine is on the ship still.
Yep and still Morning Crystal will be docked couple of hours earlier than Viking Passama
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 5.13.02 pm.png

My theory is that is you try either at midday or 6pm and if nothing appears, you can save yourself the drag of doing this all day thinking something will appear!
Yeah its just hard to work out the process of delivery and a time line. Do they register it first and then notify an SMS or reverse. Its just been such a long wait and to sail off $80k or so and all you have is a VIN number is a little counter intuitive.

Reactions: lazjen
I'm the same. Does Vedaprime update on which ships we can expect do you know?
Yes he does. I used to be active on this forum but once I got a vin I switched to Vedaprime. He does not know everything but his information is either accurate or has logic (not speculation). The quality of conversation on his Discord channel is also good and much better segmented than this forum. If you do not want to discuss tint-wrap or insurance you can mute those channels etc.

Have been stalking around the this thread, reading over some of the previous correspondence since placing my order for a Model 3 RWD White on White (Order Date: 06/08/2022). EDD is currently Feb 2023 - May 2023. Going for a test drive this weekend for the heck of it.

Looking forward to many things but saving money by not having to purchase petrol is at the top of my list.

I know it's not likely with the backlog of orders which should have already been delivered already but wouldn't mind an earlier EDD.

Any advice on purchasing some accessories now or waiting closer to the EDD? I know two of the things I wanted have been restocked.

Yep and still Morning Crystal will be docked couple of hours earlier than Viking Passama
View attachment 839523
The Bay Anchorage Outer is one of the waiting points controlled by the port, so Viking Passama will still dock before Morning Crystal. MC might anchor there for a few days before it’s scheduled arrival on the 16th (according to Armacup but that could change)

Attachments

• F6E02E99-FE44-431A-8A4F-525F6E825023.jpeg
    F6E02E99-FE44-431A-8A4F-525F6E825023.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 54
  • BE0EFAAD-7F21-4BC8-BA90-21A08D5E57CA.jpeg
    BE0EFAAD-7F21-4BC8-BA90-21A08D5E57CA.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: BendrRodriguez
Completely off topic, but rather than making cars, we should be making batteries and also become a leader in recycling them. Got all the resources here, research to optimise chemistry of batteries and make recycling more efficient. Lots of skilled labor and we could even run the plants with solar or green hydrogen.
We should be but Australia is uncompetitive with labour costs, taxes, infrastructure costs… all the things I mentioned above. Also Asia has far more and cheaper skilled labour.

Yes thoroughly agree... we should do what Philippines Widodo did and said to Musky you can have all the minerals (nickel) you want as long as its been refined here into metal batteries or cars. We just dig holes and sell wot comes out. Gotta start value adding. Tesla is buying lithium from a NT company. A battery factory up there would be a good idea.
Can you imagine a less attractive place to build any sort of factory in the world than the NT?

Have been stalking around the this thread, reading over some of the previous correspondence since placing my order for a Model 3 RWD White on White (Order Date: 06/08/2022). EDD is currently Feb 2023 - May 2023. Going for a test drive this weekend for the heck of it.

Looking forward to many things but saving money by not having to purchase petrol is at the top of my list.

I know it's not likely with the backlog of orders which should have already been delivered already but wouldn't mind an earlier EDD.

Any advice on purchasing some accessories now or waiting closer to the EDD? I know two of the things I wanted have been restocked.
Welcome @Giganic. Is this going to be your second test drive? Can’t wait to drive past the petrol stations and flip them the bird
for gouging us for so long. With accessories, you can try to hold off now but for most of us it’s a losing battle 😩

We have managed to save up the cash to pay for our M3. I’ve done the sums over and over and with the interest rate charged by the novated lease companies, I just can’t make it worth while, even with no FBT against paying cash. If finance is your only option, then yes I would think there are big advantages. As always make sure you research thoroughly before diving in.
This might be of interest: I am getting finance with Macquarie at 4.99% (went up today, awesome, dude where's my car) and for me it is still heaps cheaper than getting a novated lease. Here are my sums in case you are interested:

Macquarie @ 4.99% for an M3 RWD is $13,600 per year over 4 years = 54,480 plus residual of $15,00 = $69,480 total. (That is already minus the 3k rebate.)

Novated lease on vehicle only: $15,500 per year over 4 years = $62,000. Plus a residual of $25,000 = $87,000. 87k is how much you pay for a 65k car through Smartleasing. What the actual fudge. It's pretty horrific interest - they hide how much they are charging through all the post-tax pre-tax crap but when you strip it back, the figures speak for themselves.

A $50k Nissan Leaf gets you $9k off in FBT savings, so let's say FBT gets you $12k off the Tesla = $75k for the car - it's still cheaper to go Macquarie. It's really opened my eyes to how these leasing companies operate. Plus with Macquarie, it doesn't get complicated if you leave your job and can't get continue your lease - if that happens, you have to pay it out and it gets complex.

(Btw in the interests of clarity I just compared the cost of the vehicle leasing with the cost of the vehicle on finance. Obviously in novated leasing you also get petrol, tyres, etc all bundled in for a set cost. That figure is higher that the one I have given, but isn't any better value since most of the pre-tax savings are on petrol, servicing, etc and that doesn't apply as much, so the savings are much less significant).

Every situation is different obviously, but for me, it's a no brainer.

This might be of interest: I am getting finance with Macquarie at 4.99% (went up today, awesome, dude where's my car) and for me it is still heaps cheaper than getting a novated lease. Here are my sums in case you are interested:

Macquarie @ 4.99% for an M3 RWD is $13,600 per year over 4 years = 54,480 plus residual of $15,00 = $69,480 total. (That is already minus the 3k rebate.)

Novated lease on vehicle only: $15,500 per year over 4 years = $62,000. Plus a residual of $25,000 = $87,000. 87k is how much you pay for a 65k car through Smartleasing. What the actual fudge. It's pretty horrific interest - they hide how much they are charging through all the post-tax pre-tax crap but when you strip it back, the figures speak for themselves.

A $50k Nissan Leaf gets you $9k off in FBT savings, so let's say FBT gets you $12k off the Tesla = $75k for the car - it's still cheaper to go Macquarie. It's really opened my eyes to how these leasing companies operate. Plus with Macquarie, it doesn't get complicated if you leave your job and can't get continue your lease - if that happens, you have to pay it out and it gets complex.

(Btw in the interests of clarity I just compared the cost of the vehicle leasing with the cost of the vehicle on finance. Obviously in novated leasing you also get petrol, tyres, etc all bundled in for a set cost. That figure is higher that the one I have given, but isn't any better value since most of the pre-tax savings are on petrol, servicing, etc and that doesn't apply as much, so the savings are much less significant).

Every situation is different obviously, but for me, it's a no brainer.
Congrats on doing the numbers and working out what works for you.

Many people see "tax deductible" and immediately come to the conclusion that you can't lose.