Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be of interest: I am getting finance with Macquarie at 4.99% (went up today, awesome, dude where's my car) and for me it is still heaps cheaper than getting a novated lease. Here are my sums in case you are interested:

Macquarie @ 4.99% for an M3 RWD is $13,600 per year over 4 years = 54,480 plus residual of $15,00 = $69,480 total. (That is already minus the 3k rebate.)

Novated lease on vehicle only: $15,500 per year over 4 years = $62,000. Plus a residual of $25,000 = $87,000. 87k is how much you pay for a 65k car through Smartleasing. What the actual fudge. It's pretty horrific interest - they hide how much they are charging through all the post-tax pre-tax crap but when you strip it back, the figures speak for themselves.

A $50k Nissan Leaf gets you $9k off in FBT savings, so let's say FBT gets you $12k off the Tesla = $75k for the car - it's still cheaper to go Macquarie. It's really opened my eyes to how these leasing companies operate. Plus with Macquarie, it doesn't get complicated if you leave your job and can't get continue your lease - if that happens, you have to pay it out and it gets complex.

(Btw in the interests of clarity I just compared the cost of the vehicle leasing with the cost of the vehicle on finance. Obviously in novated leasing you also get petrol, tyres, etc all bundled in for a set cost. That figure is higher that the one I have given, but isn't any better value since most of the pre-tax savings are on petrol, servicing, etc and that doesn't apply as much, so the savings are much less significant).

Every situation is different obviously, but for me, it's a no brainer.
The $13,600 is post-tax, so its the equivalent of $20,800 pre-tax on a middle income bracket. Its about $10,000 cheaper over that four year term you've been quoted. More if you earn over $120,000. More if you bundle the running costs pre-tax, not less as you've said.

The FBT is an annual cost to deter people from the above tax saving.

The $13,600 is post-tax, so its the equivalent of $20,800 pre-tax on a middle income bracket. Its about $10,000 cheaper over that four year term you've been quoted. More if you earn over $120,000. More if you bundle the running costs pre-tax, not less as you've said.

Thanks for the info. Maybe this is a job for an accountant, as someone else said... I'll look into it further, thanks

Thanks for the info. Maybe this is a job for an accountant, as someone else said... I'll look into it further, thanks

Nope its on the Ruby. Due in PK on the 20th.

Actually pretty peeved about this hey. It’s pretty clear there’s no connection between order date and ship allocation. This thing is on one serious scenic route.

On the plus side, I guess I can stop spamming F5 for a while…
Congratulations, you just got a taste of what it's like to be a West Australian. Don't worry, you get used to it after a couple of decades.

Anyone know when Wu Wa usually drops his video? Be interested to see how many Model 3's are there.
Usually takes them on Friday and drops them on Saturday. At least for the first one he does shoots Friday (sometimes multiple). Sometimes follow on ones over the next few days.

Dont forget Jason Yang does videos as well. Usually takes them on Thursdays and usually drops them sometime between Friday and Sunday.

Usually takes them on Friday and drops them on Saturday. At least for the first one he does shoots Friday (sometimes multiple). Sometimes follow on ones over the next few days.

Dont forget Jason Yang does videos as well. Usually takes them on Thursdays and usually drops them sometime between Friday and Sunday.
Thanks for that!!

Lets bring on the RWD VINS!! Please 😅😢