Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest info from the Model 3 tracking spreadsheet:
  • Most recent Performance order with a VIN was ordered: 16 March 2022 (VIN received <unknown>)
  • Most recent Long Range order with a VIN was ordered: 15 March 2022 (VIN received 15 Jul 2022)
  • Most recent RWD (or old terminology SR+) with a VIN was ordered: 7 February 2022 (VIN received 15 Aug 2022)
If you're still hanging around in this forum and you've received a VIN - no matter if you've ordered a P, LR, or RWD - please jump on to the Tracker form and submit / update your details. Every little piece of information counts, and sadly we will no longer have the wonderfully valuable efforts of @Ormaus doing all the hard work for us.

Also - if you've ordered more recently, and would like to submit your info so we can continue to get a sense of ordering habits here in Australia, please don't hesitate!
@mpowney - Thanks dude.. this is actually helpful
@Polarxp - Did you get a VIN? - If so then this means the most recent Performance is actually the 26th of March or are you just a fluke? ;)

My M3LR is on RAV and Tesla have sent the delivery SMS, next Tuesday or Wednesday.

However the novated lease company my employer uses only provided the details to request an invoice today (despite me asking them last week), so I'm concerned they aren't going to be ready in time. Just have to play the waiting game... 😟

Reactions: RobM3MY
Yes and no. Got VIN for one order. Just like yourself, waiting on VIN for the other order.
That's what I'm referring to. You got a vin for a car ordered in March. Others here ordered in Feb and have nothing. I, myself ordered 13 days after you and I haven't heard anything. Not having a vin for a car you ordered in June is hardly the same as someone who ordered 6 months ago.

Anyone else notice that Plenti are the only Tesla preferred finance supplier now. They are the only option now when you spec up an order on the site. Looks like they've dropped Macquarie and Pepper Money for some reason. I was with Pepper and got a message a couple of weeks ago from Tesla to say I'd have to organise the finance through Pepper myself as a cash order. Pepper stopped returning my calls. I then went to Plenti and they have been dealing with Tesla for me. Is anyone going through Macquarie having the same issue?

That's what I'm referring to. You got a vin for a car ordered in March. Others here ordered in Feb and have nothing. I, myself ordered 13 days after you and I haven't heard anything. Not having a vin for a car you ordered in June is hardly the same as someone who ordered 6 months ago.
Well you have missed the point of my original post completely. I shared my experience and opinion on which part of the waiting process, which we ALL go through, that I found to be the hardest to date. (having waited 6 months like most). Hopefully when you get to that point, which I am sure you will soon, then I hope you, and others, can deal with it better than I am.

Otherwise, if you don't like my opinion, just look the other way!

Anyone else notice that Plenti are the only Tesla preferred finance supplier now. They are the only option now when you spec up an order on the site. Looks like they've dropped Macquarie and Pepper Money for some reason. I was with Pepper and got a message a couple of weeks ago from Tesla to say I'd have to organise the finance through Pepper myself as a cash order. Pepper stopped returning my calls. I then went to Plenti and they have been dealing with Tesla for me. Is anyone going through Macquarie having the same issue?
Going through Mac. still and with a EDD of 25/8 onwards. No issues other than the latest stamp duty waiver change which means I had an approval for a higher amount and now its less meaning I need a new invoice, re-signed docs and only week or so to go.... 😟

Reactions: Blaq
I can confirm that Tesla payment details have changed as of today.
The total fee is now - $2173 and there is no mention regarding stamp duty.
I wonder if anyone else has noticed that and if getting finance -- the amount to be financed will be less.
Not sure how the Fin. company will address this.
The stamp duty has been removed from my Payment Details summary, in my payment section. I think is was in the Additional Charges area.

16-08-2022 3-24-00 PM.jpg

Reactions: Braz
Going through Mac. still and with a EDD of 25/8 onwards. No issues other than the latest stamp duty waiver change which means I had an approval for a higher amount and now its less meaning I need a new invoice, re-signed docs and only week or so to go.... 😟
They are making you re-sign docs for a lower amount?

I’m putting a cash deposit down so technically my finance amount is unchanged, I hope I don’t have to redo paperwork

I hadn't noticed, but I've now sent my Macquarie rep an e-mail to ... "check in"

They are making you re-sign docs for a lower amount?

I’m putting a cash deposit down so technically my finance amount is unchanged, I hope I don’t have to redo paperwork
Yes apparently so. Its whether you want to pay interest on the extra 2k. Macq. say its possible leave as is and Tesla would reimburse the diff. But I'd prefer not to pay extra. Tesla need to re-issue invoice. Hoping that won't be too hard to do.

Well you have missed the point of my original post completely. I shared my experience and opinion on which part of the waiting process, which we ALL go through, that I found to be the hardest to date. (having waited 6 months like most). Hopefully when you get to that point, which I am sure you will soon, then I hope you, and others, can deal with it better than I am.

Otherwise, if you don't like my opinion, just look the other way!

Sorry, I meant no malice in my comment even though it may have seemed that way.
I was merely just looking at those poor people that ordered 6 months ago and still have nothing. Would be frustrating as heck to wait over 6 months and have literally no updates, especially since back in Feb, the estimated wait time was only around the 5 - 7 month mark.

Sorry, I meant no malice in my comment even though it may have seemed that way.
I was merely just looking at those poor people that ordered 6 months ago and still have nothing. Would be frustrating as heck to wait over 6 months and have literally no updates, especially since back in Feb, the estimated wait time was only around the 5 - 7 month mark.
The estimated wait was 16-20 weeks 🙃

Reactions: rtvanda