Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very frustrating to know that the factory output is so high that the total Australian orders would only need a few days to be completely filled.
Sure but if they did that they'd all have to be parked up dockside until they can get on boats, and even if they fully chartered a few boats to move them all in one go they'd then just be sitting around on the docks here waiting for car transporters. It's a whole supply chain with bottlenecks at every step of the process.

Reactions: StevenStanbury
So with an EDD of now to 15 September, invoiced and rego forms provided, VIN not appearing on vehicle register…think vehicle is in Australia or on the water? Tesla tells me they can see it is ‘in transit’ but not where it is. Feels kind of like it is still on a boat but not far from shore…
No VINs from Paglia seem to be in RAV yet, so its still a possibility. Seems to be a bottleneck at the moment at PK with Asian Vision unloading just a few days before

Reactions: New Tech Bj
Which would fall somewhere in between Late October and Early November. There are ships quite literally every week pushing out to a fortnight at worst case coming from Shanghai to Australia and have been for some time, even outside Tesla's onslaught in Q3

Turandot probably won't have any Tesla's on it as per the "start of quarter + a ship nearby comment" Need to look and wait for the schedule beyond the Turandot. Getting cars on a ship close to the end of Q3 or start of Q4 won't be an issue even in the slightest.
as per my earlier post, 'start of the quarter' is actually last week of the previous quarter. last VIN storm for RWD was in end of June. build on 27/6 and 28/6, with VIN received by 2/7. Turandot is still a posibility. late Oct and early November would be correct for EDD, but I was referring to VIN arriving possibly last few days of Sep or early Oct.

Hi all. Picked up today at Mulgrave. Everything was great; friendly/knowledgeable/enthusiastic team of people. Process was so efficient I have to assume Tesla didn't come up with it.

Car is effing brilliant. When we test drove the LR it was city streets and 80 limit. We live a fair way out of the city. Burying the right foot and experiencing the pull to a hundred-and-something is just superb. I've driven fast cars and litre bikes and this thing is up there. Addictive and a bit silly, I'm hooked.

Forgot to take pics in the warehouse. There were loads in there all looking great.

I was surprised to see that others picking up looked a bit miserable, we couldn't stop smiling from joining the queue to driving out.

I know this annoys some in here, but I'm saying it anyway. Hang in there, these cars are worth every minute of the waiting.

We drove about 90 mins home, then out for lunch to celebrate, then running around to soccer and gymnastics and squeezed in some hooning with the kids. Picked up at 90%, just home at 29%!

Thanks for everything in here. It's a lot of frustration, but the end result is bloody good.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Forgot the pic...

PXL_20220901_025853887.MP.jpg

as per my earlier post, 'start of the quarter' is actually last week of the previous quarter. last VIN storm for RWD was in end of June. build on 27/6 and 28/6, with VIN received by 2/7
I suspect that was a once-off because they wanted to get a bunch of cars built before the extended factory shutdown.

In normal times Tesla are very concerned with delivering cars in the same quarter they are built, which is why they start building for export on the 1st day of the quarter, and only build for domestic customers on the last.

The question of insurance has been asked previously in this thread, but I'm wondering if any folks from Victoria have any recent experience they would like to share with taking out cover here in Vic?

I've looked at Commbank, AAMI and RACV. Obviously the premium depends on options chosen, eg excess and options, but so far I'm finding around A$1.2k to A$1.3k. Mandatory options, I suggest, would be repairer of choice and some sort of windscreen/glass cover.

Thoughts/comments?

(picking the car up on Saturday)

Car is effing brilliant. When we test drove the LR it was city streets and 80 limit. We live a fair way out of the city. Burying the right foot and experiencing the pull to a hundred-and-something is just superb. I've driven fast cars and litre bikes and this thing is up there. Addictive and a bit silly, I'm hooked.
Same experience with the test drive, once I picked up the car entered the monash on-ramp and planted the 🦶 it sure was addictive…